Interior Design masters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's one of these people that makes being 'quirky' their entire personality because they crave attention and insecure. But its not natural so comes across as fake and lacking authenticity.
Yes I wonder if she is actually quite shy or insecure. The constant need for silly voices and pulling faces to hide her natural self.
Seems at odds with her persona and outfits I know but I have known someone like it.

I thought Anthony and Ben's was best last night. Only because the other cafe had a lot of small stools instead of chairs, and I cannot imagine sitting comfortably for any length of time on one. And not handy for older people or children for eg. But I can't remember if the owners specified they use the same furniture tbh.

Reactions: 8
Francesca needs to go. Smug cow. I really disliked her in this episode and she went all out to throw Donnall under the bus. I don't like her style, insipid plaster colour, cheap old cork tiles, poorly designed seating. I see no actual design skills from her whatsoever.

Reactions: 17
That lamp shade she made with straws or whatever a few weeks ago reminded me of Blue Peter art.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Donnall is making it v clear on his Instagram that he's not happy about it all both on his stories and grid posts. I'm a bit torn between one should just be gracious and move on vs. you should feel able to put your side across.

Reactions: 13
Domhall should have gone through imo. But he (unfairly) talked himself out of it by refusing to take the blame.
Michele has got a real bee in her bonnet this series of punishing people for not being a 'team player' and not just accepting criticism thrown their way. She basically said 'well Francesca owned up to her mistakes and you didn't so you are out'.
Why can't she see the footage we all did before making her decision? Instead of a he said/she said scenario?
Im sure Michele does see the footage, or gets reports from the crew etc.
Domhall is a great graphic designer, but he isnt a team player exactly. When they did the Brazil room, it was all his ideas, his concepts, his fabric and his posters, luckily the other 2 he was working with, adapted their designs to him. It was a great design, but interior designers are going to have to work closely with clients, and listen and adapt their designs, which is why team work is so desperately important.
If Domhall cant liase and work with someone constructively, then that is an issue. Francesca is a bit too much, but I liked the pink plaster walls and the idea of the seating. And she is listening to advice. If they had brought the seating height down and get in some new chairs, and a professional screen writer for the specials board , and used the cork board on the bar to pin notices and posters on, say of local events, that room would have been my favourite.
The shed room worked, as it looked far too much like someones front room before.. And I liked the way they used the existing bike and ladder, But I dont personally like the industrial style.
And I wasnt that keen on the cafe that won, it was a bit too bright for me. Those orange tiles were horrid.

But it is fun to watch!

Reactions: 9
I think the week that they send two home should be flexible. Both of them could have easily gone this time.

Reactions: 9
think i've said this before but it seems to be michelle's way or the highway all the time. donmall's graphic touches tying the tables and walls together saved what would be a basic scheme otherwise. francesca was a bit of a hypocrite too, didn't give a flying duck what he thought of the pink walls and yet fumed when he hung up a measly print ... it's not that deep.

also if you compare the standard of their finish to the others it was sub par - the cork fabric seat covers were so baggy, and all the excess cords for the ceiling lights weren't needed (anthony and ben did the same thing with a better quality finish)

Reactions: 11
Donnall is making it v clear on his Instagram that he's not happy about it all both on his stories and grid posts. I'm a bit torn between one should just be gracious and move on vs. you should feel able to put your side across.

OMG, this is so cringy and unprofessional on an account that you've put mainly IDM stuff on. You're not in school Domnall.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
It is a childish and undignified response but I think it definitely proved Frances’s shafted him and dropped him right in it. I would be fuming too. Hopefully she gets the boot soon.

Reactions: 6
He is kind of proving them right in getting rid of him. We only see an edited version, but if he was like this in front of Michelle then its no wonder she got rid of him.

It should have been a double axing really.

Reactions: 13
Seemed to be a toss up between the two of them, I didn’t mind whether either of them went tbh, the other teams did better. I think Francesca should go next though.

Reactions: 7
Just buy the right height chairs to begin with 🫣
Whose decision were the chairs? Mum seems to think they were Domnall but I think they were Francesca’s with Domnall suggesting the extenders?
---
I can’t believe that comedy clown trousers has survived another week.

Why are they wearing the same clothes at the beginning and end? Presumably they record it at the same time.
He had his jamas on this week 😂

Reactions: 1
Seemed to be a toss up between the two of them, I didn’t mind whether either of them went tbh, the other teams did better. I think Francesca should go next though.
The cork was a bleeping abomination. Those benches were hideous, I would never want to sit on that in a cafe!! Also wasn’t she warned in like week 1 that the very same colour she picked wasn’t good?!
I wasn’t sure of Anthony and Ben working together but theirs was my fave - the chalk board/storage combo was genius. I kinda wish they put something over the pergola though like straw?
Matt and Roisins was very nice. I’m not an orange person but they really made that work !

Francesca needs to go. Smug cow. I really disliked her in this episode and she went all out to throw Donnall under the bus. I don't like her style, insipid plaster colour, cheap old cork tiles, poorly designed seating. I see no actual design skills from her whatsoever.
The cafe looked very beige to me - really uninspiring and god knows why Domnall added in a picture of Carmen Miranda 🫤

I think Francesca is obsessed with pink - she won’t get far if that is all she can offer .

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.