Interior Design masters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Shocked Jack has cystic fibrosis looks so well, lovely lad.

I want the owners to say what they think after makeover

The Caribbean scheme from Tom, was it, I thought was all over the place with clashing colours and he ruined that lovely cladding. Sometimes natural is better.

A question I wonder if the workmen do normal non TV work, it’s hard to find decent carpenters, decorators etc.

Reactions: 6
I have thought the same re the decorators, joiners etc. 😄 they all seem really nice. Sort my house out please!

• Haha
Shocked Jack has cystic fibrosis looks so well, lovely lad.

I want the owners to say what they think after makeover

The Caribbean scheme from Tom, was it, I thought was all over the place with clashing colours and he ruined that lovely cladding. Sometimes natural is better.

A question I wonder if the workmen do normal non TV work, it’s hard to find decent carpenters, decorators etc.
A friend of mine knew one of the decorators in the last 2 series, she did normal clients

One of my old colleagues was on a couple series ago but think she went in week 3.

I’m not loving Monica and I thought they all did poorly this week, Temi was definitely the best

Reactions: 8
This series is by far the worst that there has been including the first season presented by Fearne (who wasn’t as good as Alan). I think the general standard of designers is lower this year, no one comes close to Banjo. Was really disappointed in Jack’s design this week, I actually thought it was poor - only good bit was the ceiling. They should definitely let us know what the clients think, I’d be intrigued what Monica’s clients thought as they did ask for a gin club and to be honest I think she did meet that brief. I used to like Michelle and her outfits but she’s off this series as well as others have mentioned.

I’m hoping it’s just a blip and the next series (assuming there is one) will be much better 🤞

Reactions: 12
This series is by far the worst that there has been including the first season presented by Fearne (who wasn’t as good as Alan). I think the general standard of designers is lower this year, no one comes close to Banjo. Was really disappointed in Jack’s design this week, I actually thought it was poor - only good bit was the ceiling. They should definitely let us know what the clients think, I’d be intrigued what Monica’s clients thought as they did ask for a gin club and to be honest I think she did meet that brief. I used to like Michelle and her outfits but she’s off this series as well as others have mentioned.

I’m hoping it’s just a blip and the next series (assuming there is one) will be much better 🤞
There’s just not the drama. Nobody can persuade me that even though on paper a design might not be exactly to my taste but when it is actually in place and finished I’d like it. As you say like Banjo I believed he knew what he was doing.

Reactions: 3

I loved Banjo, he was amazing!

I agree about Jack, previous weeks I’ve been like wow he’s how old, don’t know what he was thinking, he wasn’t designing a swimming pool, the blue was too much in a tiny space!

You’re right Monica did meet the brief I also like the fact that despite her own choices of gothic and black she resists the urge to go with her tastes, unlike Mr Ibiza who’s name I never remember 😂

Love Alan he’s a dream

Reactions: 3
I’m astounded the owners of the beach chalet that Monika was making over allowed her to rip out the original sink, surely that devalues it?

Genuinely didn’t like any of the designs this week aside from the mural on Jack’s ceiling. No sadness at Peter leaving, I think he should have gone last week but I’m surprised Monika got away with zero design at the front of her chalet!

Reactions: 5
I actually liked the beach chalets. For me they’re supposed to be a bit of fun and just somewhere to get out of the sun (or rain) for a while. So I found the comments overly harsh. I agree the wardrobe in the Caribbean inspired chalet was a bit bulky, but I don’t think it was enough for Michelle to basically say ‘it was almost you to go’. My least favourite was the chalet for the NHS staff followed by the gin bar.

Just watched: how hot did LLB look in his suit?!!! 🥵😂 He had a proper bead on bless him 😅

I liked Jacks but agree the orange on the shelves was a bit much. I also liked Monika’s but She works in such a chaotic way - how could she have not know the brief included the outside space?! Thought Tom and Peters were both a bit meh and Temmi’s was cute but I hated the net thing.

None of them are in Banjo’s league!

Reactions: 2
I’m astounded the owners of the beach chalet that Monika was making over allowed her to rip out the original sink, surely that devalues it?

Genuinely didn’t like any of the designs this week aside from the mural on Jack’s ceiling. No sadness at Peter leaving, I think he should have gone last week but I’m surprised Monika got away with zero design at the front of her chalet!
I did wonder if there would be some sort of grade listing for the chalets or if the council put any caveats in place.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I can’t get past Banjo’s voice. Find it grating, although he is a great designer.

Reactions: 1
Yeah I don't quite get the Banjo love tbh, but his new programme does sound quite interesting

It is lacking drama this series. Usually, they all fall out and throw each other under the bus. Lack of that this year

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.