Interior Design masters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why weren't the actual clients judging this week too? Surely, it matters more what they think as the people who own it.

Reactions: 17
Why weren't the actual clients judging this week too? Surely, it matters more what they think as the people who own it.
It's strange how they don't include them sometimes. Even if they didn't want to be on camera they could include their feedback.

Reactions: 14
They absolutely need to go back to using client feedback. Michelle is driving me a little nuts with her meh attitude to everything. Jacks storage was exactly what she was looking for so it wasn’t cliche but then she loved Tamee’s. I didn’t really like any of the designs this week

Reactions: 15
I liked Jack's and I agree with poster who said Michelle gives mixed messages.

Also L l Bowen complained that seats in one beach hut weren't facing the ses view and he never mentioned it again in all of the others who had seats not facing the sea view.

Reactions: 18
They absolutely need to go back to using client feedback. Michelle is driving me a little nuts with her meh attitude to everything. Jacks storage was exactly what she was looking for so it wasn’t cliche but then she loved Tamee’s. I didn’t really like any of the designs this week
I really didn’t like Monica’s. She was lucky it was a really bright day because get a more normal overcast one and it will be like midnight down a coal mine in there. I hope she put in good lighting.

(Also The Great Wardrobe Debate … when is a wardrobe not a wardrobe … they’ve got £1000 and 2 days, Tom needed a lot of storage space for large items, I would image that was his compromise)

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
True, but whether a wardrobe and just a massive cupboard. It was still a bad idea to have something so large and bulky in such a big space. It's the most basic of storage solutions and as was highlighted last night (and in previous series) there are cleverer ways to store big stuff

Reactions: 7
I didn't like any of the chalets. Last year, they did beach huts and all of the designs were better than these.

The finish on Jack's chalet was quite poor too, the royal blue paint was patchy and the panelling didn't marry well with the slats.

I know Michelle was saying she didn't want a cliché but I think most people with a beach hut/chalet like the seaside so want elements of that reflected in the designs. I liked Monica's design but not for this, hers met the brief the least, in my view.

The banquette, in Peter's, was too large and the storage underneath it wasn't clever either and added to it not suiting the chalet. The rest of his design was suited to the brief.

I think Monica should have gone rather than Peter

Michelle is a drip. And her clothes are awful, so I cannot imagine choosing her as a designer. Jack is the best for me, he seems to be the only one with real flair. His ceiling was beautiful and fitting. I don’t think Peter should have gone just because his seating stuck out a little, especially after he pushed the boat out with his mural. One question, why is Monika even in the competition, she is always on the verge of tears, and yes, we know you are a goth, but we don’t care. Final whine, bright orange paint 😂

Reactions: 10
Michelle got on my nerves last night. She was so contradictory in her judging. And I agree with the upthread comment that she needs winding up!

Reactions: 14
I have to say I love Tom. He has such a happy kind face and seems very gentle.
I think clients will really like his manner and reassuring approach.
Monika would be a nightmare 😂 Always on the point of tears.

Reactions: 9
Surely it’s a big no no for an interior designer to even put their own feelings on a project and do something poorly because you don’t like the property or location. At the end of the day you’re running a business that is client led. And who wants an interior designer who is always on the edge of tears. People who cry when something doesn’t go their way in the professional world really piss me off. And we’ve all worked with that kind of person

Reactions: 12
Surely it’s a big no no for an interior designer to even put their own feelings on a project and do something poorly because you don’t like the property or location. At the end of the day you’re running a business that is client led. And who wants an interior designer who is always on the edge of tears. People who cry when something doesn’t go their way in the professional world really piss me off. And we’ve all worked with that kind of person
One getting to the tail end of a contract and realising they’d missed half the brief wouldn’t go down well either.

In a way, she benefited from that because she could just concentrate her budget on the inside until she had to move the table out side in a panic.

Last edited:
I have to say I love Tom. He has such a happy kind face and seems very gentle.
I think clients will really like his manner and reassuring approach.
Monika would be a nightmare 😂 Always on the point of tears.
Joining in to say think Tom will win based on his experience pre show
Jack will do well winner or not he’s had a great opportunity to showcase his skills

Reactions: 2
Tom and Jack seem to be slowly switching trajectories. Jack needs to get back on track if he wants to win

Reactions: 2
I don't understand how Monika got to nearly the end of day 2 without realising she had to design the outdoor space as well. She really reminds me of someone I used to work with - lovely person, but just so chaotic and negative with everything

I thought Jack did ok, but there was something a bit off, and the main shade of blue he used was just a bit much for a small space. She probably had the easiest brief, but Temi's just worked so well

Wasn't keen on Peter's colours and mural, and the finish wasn't great on the sink and upholstery

I don't mind Michelle but loads of her compliments sound so backhanded 😆 -

'Peter had a really great run' (translation: Peter was really lucky to get as far as he did)

Lemmi has grown on me. She’s prepared to say don’t like that when working in a team. And she said the brief she got this week wasn’t for her but nailed it.
---
It did make me laugh that LLB went into every chalet and just sat down took up all the seating leaving Michelle standing around like a spare part.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Lemmi has grown on me. She’s prepared to say don’t like that when working in a team. And she said the brief she got this week wasn’t for her but nailed it.
Me too. Even though she might have come across as a bit annoying last week, I thought her not having any qualms about saying what she thought meant they worked better as a team, in a weird way. Like, they didn't agree, but her and Tom communicated well so it helped the finished design (or I might be talking complete bollocks but that's how it came across to me ha)

I hope she does well again next week

Reactions: 5
I wasn’t that keen on any of the chalets apart from Jack but he overdid it with the panelling and orange bits on the shelves.

Really thought Monica was going she didn’t fulfil the brief again and her scheme had nothing to do with the surroundings.

I think it must be difficult to be original when doing a beach chalet, the blue and white colour schemes, rope handles have been sound to death. Can I see a shell doorknob?

Alan is so good as presented he’s funny loved his line he thought some fabric outside made the place look like a murder scene!

• Haha
This isn’t actually tea but just thought I’d just say I’m related to Alan Carr. In real life 🤣🤣 it’s very distant and he doesn’t know I even exist but 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.