Interior Design masters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe he wasn't asked back 🤭
That might have added to his bitterness in these past few weeks.

I wonder what Matt who have done for La Redoute as he doesn't really have a signature style. Bronzey wallpaper? On the basis of the prize I can see Michelle feeling Roisin was most suitable.
I could see Matt doing something kinda like H&M home and Zara home style.

Just watched the final and #MichelleOut wrong winner 2 years in a row. I’m sick of her not having an holistic view of the show and taking it week by week, you can basically be the second worst every week and make it to the final but have one bad week and you’re out.

Reactions: 13
I could see Matt doing something kinda like H&M home and Zara home style.

Just watched the final and #MichelleOut wrong winner 2 years in a row. I’m sick of her not having an holistic view of the show and taking it week by week, you can basically be the second worst every week and make it to the final but have one bad week and you’re out.
Is it Michelle that really chooses though or is it the producers?

Reactions: 4
Just caught up. Roisin’s designs would give me a migraine, however her answer about bringing some positivity through design was such a good answer. Matt is sophisticated and has a long career ahead of him, Roisin will have her wallpaper and that’s nice.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
I love Alan Carr on this show 😂🤓
He’s great on the Italian show with Amanda Holden as well. They buy €1 flats and do them up. It’s feel good TV and surprisingly both of them are better interior designers than most on this show😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
He’s great on the Italian show with Amanda Holden as well. They buy €1 flats and do them up. It’s feel good TV and surprisingly both of them are better interior designers than most on this show😂😂
My kid is obsessed with this show, watched it so many times 😂

Reactions: 1
Just caught up…well…not shocked at the winner given the prize. They’ve literally just put her name to floral crap. Matt was the better designer in my options and I would hire him if I had money

Reactions: 10
Well I enjoyed the series. I hope they change up the format next time though. I would like to see a follow up series on previous contestants and winners and see if they are all interior designers now.

Reactions: 13
The final should be judged by three people so no chance of a tie - the client, two designers. Each know nothing about the designers, nothing, not even their names. They get a vote each. That's it.

Reactions: 11
Well I enjoyed the series. I hope they change up the format next time though. I would like to see a follow up series on previous contestants and winners and see if they are all interior designers now.
Yeh it was a good series we got some cracking designs (both the good and bad!!) and a wee bit of drama lol

Reactions: 8
Blimey, I’d sort of given him the benefit of the doubt with some of the posts people had shared in here, but he needs to rein it in now, this bitching and whining are making him seem very entitled. He’s not the first person to be sent home from a competition early and he won’t be the last. The people who accept it with good grace are the ones who will likely get more work offers if someone saw their work and liked it. If someone saw his designs and thought to look him up on IG they’d see his weeks long tirade, snide comments and childish cartoons and run a mile!

The former contestants turned up to support the people who made it to the final. They don’t get lots of air time on the final episode so how are they there for ‘fame’?

I know Domnall in real life. This very much tracks. Lovely fellah when it's all going his way. The absolute nicest, funniest guy.

If things don't go his way he's very much a throw the toys from the pram type. The youngest in his family, he was spoiled rotten.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
just catching up on the final and the thread. i liked roisin's design, but the living room was the weakest section. if she'd have gone for an india yellow or something more ochre it would've toned it down a lot more while still being vibrant and joyous. i think the issue with matt's design/s is that there's not much visual quality to engage you, so you pay more attention to the physical aspects and on their budget that's very hard to pull off. the filled panelling and wonky headboard panels probably wouldn't be as noticable if there was a pattern or colour to absorb the viewer's immediate attention. roisin does the opposite, there's layers of flat in your face visuals which satisfies the need for detail as it's in the pattern itself. (hoping all that makes sense lol)

I’m surprised they pick absolute newbies for these sorts of shows tbh. I guess it’s nice to give them a bit of a portfolio but they still have a lot of room to improve and this doesn’t really feel like the show for that
there's actually a limit on how much paid professional experience you can have, max 2 years. a more even playing field maybe but matt would likely have not been able to apply if he was any further on in his career.

Reactions: 14
I know Domnall in real life. This very much tracks. Lovely fellah when it's all going his way. The absolute nicest, funniest guy.

If things don't go his way he's very much a throw the toys from the pram type. The youngest in his family, he was spoiled rotten.
Whenever there's some sort of competition on TV and someone has to lose, my kids always shout 'don't do a Robot Wars!' harking back to the guy who took it badly when beaten by kids.

• Haha
Reactions: 9

This is great tea!

Reactions: 10
I thought it was interesting how little they showed of the yellow they kept focusing on the kitchen cos even the producers knew the yellow wasn't a winner narrative.

Reactions: 6
Oh dear god, he really needs to get over himself! People who liked what he did on IDM could overlook his sour grapes exit as heat of the moment disappointment/a bad edit, but if I was a potential client and saw these bitter posts on his socials there is no way I would be hiring him. He needs to grow up.

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.