Interior Design masters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But Roisin has literally done almost the exact same thing for every challenge imo.
Michelle wanging on about 'Roisin has kept her sense of self' but complaining about others 'they won't take advice and be adaptable' šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
I don't disagree with you, but when have these shows, especially in the final, ever made decisions on an evolutionary portfolio? When Matt explained his design, talked about the columns, baroque, grand ... - i honestly thought that sounded more like Ben than Matt.
You could even see it in Anthony's face (esp. after he had a peek at Roisin's) that he thought Matt picked the wrong approach.

I know this was filmed last year, but Roisin's Bridgerton drag design is actually pretty on trend. There is a whole range of collabs out for the new series of Bridgerton and they sell.

All in all, it just wasn't a very exciting final Shame we didn't get to see Anthony's take on the lodge, or - sorry unpopular opinion but I liked his design style before he went nuclear, Domnall's.

Reactions: 7
But in fairness to matt they literally said about considering the surroundings so it felt like you were in blenheim and you couldn't just be anywhere. Roisins cabin could have been her dressing room, or her bedroom in week one etc. If Ben had designed it it would have been way OTT, Matt had hints (admittedly more so than normal) but it was still stylish rather than film set.

To me it seems Matt does listen to the brief in multiple weeks, but the brief and what the judges are looking for don't always match up. Like others have said, they really need to bring back a client and a proper brief.

Reactions: 25
To me it seems Matt does listen to the brief in multiple weeks, but the brief and what the judges are looking for don't always match up. Like others have said, they really need to bring back a client and a proper brief.
This is the crux of it, so an already subjective decision becomes baffling. Perhaps Michelle interprets the brief to suit who she wants to put through šŸ¤”

Reactions: 17
But in fairness to matt they literally said about considering the surroundings so it felt like you were in blenheim and you couldn't just be anywhere. Roisins cabin could have been her dressing room, or her bedroom in week one etc. If Ben had designed it it would have been way OTT, Matt had hints (admittedly more so than normal) but it was still stylish rather than film set.

They need to bring back client based challenges next series

Reactions: 20
Matt is still the winner for me, I do like some of Roisin's work but too much full on pattern, some is OK but not that much! Matt has definitely got a career ahead & I think he could do any style the client wanted, doubtful Roisin could do the same.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I agree, it feels like this series has somewhat lost its way and success each week is up to the vagaries of Michelle and her very inconsistent approach. The final felt very flat to me and somehow lacking in energy or enthusiasm.
In other news Domnal has explained why he wasn't there šŸ¤£
Blimey, Iā€™d sort of given him the benefit of the doubt with some of the posts people had shared in here, but he needs to rein it in now, this bitching and whining are making him seem very entitled. Heā€™s not the first person to be sent home from a competition early and he wonā€™t be the last. The people who accept it with good grace are the ones who will likely get more work offers if someone saw their work and liked it. If someone saw his designs and thought to look him up on IG theyā€™d see his weeks long tirade, snide comments and childish cartoons and run a mile!

The former contestants turned up to support the people who made it to the final. They donā€™t get lots of air time on the final episode so how are they there for ā€˜fameā€™?

I agree, it feels like this series has somewhat lost its way and success each week is up to the vagaries of Michelle and her very inconsistent approach. The final felt very flat to me and somehow lacking in energy or enthusiasm.
ā€œSmart swag designā€ is he 12 years old

Reactions: 3

Floralsā€¦

she seems like a nice girl and more suited for the prize than the others which Iā€™m sure played to her advantage

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I wonder if la redoute had a say in the result?
Surely they must do, itā€™s like the winners of Americas next top model were always picked by the modelling agency they were about to sign with - not Tyra Banks.
Her collection is very pretty! But nothing we havenā€™t seen before

Reactions: 13
Wow he really needs to shut up šŸ˜³ On most reality shows itā€™s a fairly standard part of the format to bring back all the contestants for the final. Itā€™s nothing to with them being ā€˜desperate for fameā€™. Surely you fall into that group as you clearly desperately still wanted to be in the show Domnall?

Reactions: 13
Maybe he wasn't asked back šŸ¤­
That might have added to his bitterness in these past few weeks.

I wonder what Matt who have done for La Redoute as he doesn't really have a signature style. Bronzey wallpaper? On the basis of the prize I can see Michelle feeling Roisin was most suitable.

Reactions: 14
I wonder if la redoute had a say in the result?
I thought this. Matt is the winner for me but the prize seemed totally suited to Roisin, particularly with current trends. I really couldn't picture what Matt would do with a product line but these trendy floral products which Roisin is done, could be seen a mile off and seem what the retailer would want

Reactions: 12
I thought this. Matt is the winner for me but the prize seemed totally suited to Roisin, particularly with current trends. I really couldn't picture what Matt would do with a product line but these trendy floral products which Roisin is done, could be seen a mile off and seem what the retailer would want
Just in time for summer too. Tbh, it's a weird prize.

Reactions: 7
From Matts insta it looks like they all watched the final together (well apart from 1 person) including Alan Carr, I love that. And went to the races together. They do seem to have some proper friendships which is nice

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Ah I love that theyā€™re all bonded. Makes Domnal look even more of a twit.
He's so silly. Cutting himself off from potential contacts, including Alan and Michelle.
I mean just look at how Anthony got that help from Mary Portas, presumably not just from his work but his whole attitude.

• Heart
As an imaginative idea......its OK, but, I would hate to spend too much time in an apartment like this.....it would be too easy to add something discordant and clashing by wearing the wrong outfit in the room! I wouldnt find it remotely relaxing!!

Rosin was sweet, but I preferred Matts design!

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.