Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

NoseyNewbie

sorry do you mean you can’t find them on your following list? If so they may have removed you from
Following them but they are still following you

its not like fb where if you remove a friendy you disappear from each others friends list
So I can see Person A on my followers list (their @ and picture) But when I type their @ to search my followers (pic 2) they do not appear

Reactions: 1

Ennui

VIP Member
Apparently there was a 'bug' that meant Instagram could watch you through your phone camera. Not sure if it's legit or paranoia but I wouldn't put it past them!

Facebook Accused of Watching Instagram Users Through Cameras
By Robert Burnson
September 18, 2020, 1:16 AM UTC Updated on September 18, 2020, 1:21 AM UTC
User of photo-sharing app files privacy suit in San Francisco
Company blamed bug, which it fixed, for false notifications

Facebook Inc. is again being sued for allegedly spying on Instagram users, this time through the unauthorized use of their mobile phone cameras.

The lawsuit springs from media reports in July that the photo-sharing app appeared to be accessing iPhone cameras even when they weren’t actively being used.

Facebook denied the reports and blamed a bug, which it said it was correcting, for triggering what it described as false notifications that Instagram was accessing iPhone cameras.
In the complaint filed Thursday in federal court in San Francisco, New Jersey Instagram user Brittany Conditi contends the app’s use of the camera is intentional and done for the purpose of collecting “lucrative and valuable data on its users that it would not otherwise have access to.”
By “obtaining extremely private and intimate personal data on their users, including in the privacy of their own homes,” Instagram and Facebook are able to collect “valuable insights and market research,” according to the complaint.
Facebook declined to comment.

In a suit filed last month, Facebook was accused of using facial-recognition technology to illegally harvest the biometric data of its more than 100 million Instagram users. Facebook denied the claim and said that Instagram doesn’t use face recognition technology.
The case is Conditi v. Instagram, LLC, 20-cv-06534, U.S. District Court, Northern District of California (San Francisco).
(Updates with Facebook declining to comment.)
Have a confidential tip for our reporters?
GET IN TOUCH

• Wow

cococookie

Chatty Member
Not sure how true it is seeing as it’s on the PLT Facebook page lol but I really hope it happens. All I ever see are TikTok’s, people I don’t follow and Ads 🤯

5D05D9B1-E021-47C3-9563-72257C78DF21.jpeg

Snippysnips

VIP Member
I only use it to follow some friends an post my art/craft stuff, but not sure I like all this recommended showing up, if I wanted to see all those people then I'd follow them, usually if I do a search as well I'll look at recents, would much rather like the smaller accounts than all these influencers

Snippysnips

VIP Member
Mines is OK, I keep getting spammed constantly from some account called meow_offical an when I click on it though it just tells me the account doesn't exist so I can't block it

monga

VIP Member
If you don't have the latest updates installed, check PlayMarket if you have android and update Instagram to the latest version. In older versions, there are no stories. It is more useful to download all suggested updates so as not to guess, not to look for a specific one. The problem may also be in the network connection. You may also encounter problems publishing your own stories. But this is an easily solvable issue, and such situations are less common lately. So you can think about the quality of the stories you want to publish. This site https://1394ta.org/blog/instagram-story-ideas/ can help you with that. Keep an eye on app updates to avoid a large number of problems.
Thanks ! I think maybe she did a purge and blocked me from seeing her stories .I still get notifications when she posts on her grid, it’ll keep her guessing 😅. I still see everyone else’s stories 👍🏻

I'm not interested in gaining followers btw I don't accept any requests .I don't post anything on there I only use it to view influencers I don't want to be one lol.

Last edited:

monga

VIP Member
Do teens use Insta ? I thought that was old fashioned now mine are always on Snapchat .TikTok or Discord .

monga

VIP Member
I don’t think I know my password, I’ve heard horror stories of Instagram not sending you any communications even automated ones like password reset to your email and not being able to talk to a person, so being locked out :)
I never use my Insta account for anything other than keeping up with influencers, I don’t post on it ,so I knew I didn’t do anything to warrant a suspension 😂, it was fine when I logged in again.You'd probably just have to set up another account in that instance.

Looks like they’ve added a new feature I haven’t noticed this before
718A1B96-DB9A-4CA1-928E-D5DA2402D0E4.png

Last edited:

Jadejones9596

Does anyone know why I have a profile on my insta stories that shows up twice on the list of viewers? It's happened over my last few stories