Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

no-no

VIP Member
When you open the app and see a post you want to read and it suddenly refreshes so you lose it and spend ages trying to find it 🤯 is there a way to stop that?

• Heart
Reactions: 16

AshMay

VIP Member
I do like instagram and stories. But all the ads, suggested posts, influencers, paid partnerships trying to be all platforms in one with igtv and vid calls and reels and the shop/marketplace has made it annoying. Would rather a simple app with no ads or algorithms which just has grid posts, stories and maybe vids.

Ofc reels and tiktok style formats are designed to keep people scrolling and turn trends over super fast but I feel like it's damaging in quite a few ways (e.g. even more consumerism if that was possible, micro fashion trends, even less organic music popularity etc etc)

Reactions: 10

mcfeez

VIP Member
Perhaps I'm following the wrong people or perhaps it just Christmas so the prime time for it but it feels like people are push push pushing ads non stop lately.

Reactions: 6

Pinkii

VIP Member
Hate the new scrolling down insta stories.

Why do they keep messing with things that people enjoyed!? If I wanted to view videos like tik tok then I would be on tik tok! Are they trying to lose their users?

I’m still not over them removing chronological posts 😩

Reactions: 5

HowlOwl

VIP Member
I have! But only for press-on nails haha.

The ads on insta are way too much now, I don't see posts from my actual friends anymore. I've stopped using it, only open it to look at pretty nails at this point.

I think a new photo-sharing app is needed, one that's more about people you know and not influencers you don't follow and shops you'd never buy from. Not that likes are important but mine have dropped by half which proves barely anyone is even seeing the things I post.
Have you looked at Vero? It has no ads or algorithms, is aimed at photo sharing mainly.

Reactions: 4

Pinkii

VIP Member
I hope it is true, im sick of boring cheesy reels. Most content creators dont want to do it but its the only they will get the interaction it seems so their hands have been forced.

I think they were worried about the kardashians leaving (rumours of starting their own platform for photos)

Reactions: 3

mochibean

VIP Member
Has anyone ever clicked on the shop tab :ROFLMAO:
I have! But only for press-on nails haha.

The ads on insta are way too much now, I don't see posts from my actual friends anymore. I've stopped using it, only open it to look at pretty nails at this point.

I think a new photo-sharing app is needed, one that's more about people you know and not influencers you don't follow and shops you'd never buy from. Not that likes are important but mine have dropped by half which proves barely anyone is even seeing the things I post.

Reactions: 3

soph30

VIP Member
There’s now sponsored ads in the middle of people’s profiles when you scroll down as well as on the feed? 🫤

Reactions: 2

mochibean

VIP Member
Is Insta on the way out/becoming obsolete because of TikTok?
For me insta shot itself in the foot. Reels are just tiktoks, I barely see posts from people I follow and there's so many ads.
Also I just seem to post less on social media the older I get.

eyeballs

VIP Member
Has anyone else’s account been suspended today?? Checking Twitter and it appears it’s global, but not for everyone ?

cococookie

Chatty Member
I wish they would take it back to basics, I miss how it used to be when the app first came about

I wish Instagram was as functional to use in a web brower on a PC as it is on the mobile app. Some of us just don't like using our phone for everything 24/7 or for whatever reason find things easier to do on a PC...why should we be treated second class for that?

soph30

VIP Member
It just makes me not want to like or comment on popular pages/videos as I reckon that’s how they find me? Or make my account private :( don’t know how else they find me, I have like 300 followers and don’t post that much

mochibean

VIP Member
Hate the new scrolling down insta stories.

Why do they keep messing with things that people enjoyed!? If I wanted to view videos like tik tok then I would be on tik tok! Are they trying to lose their users?

I’m still not over them removing chronological posts 😩
Same!! I also don't seem to see posts from half my friends which is annoying, they never seem to come up on my feed.

soph30

VIP Member
Young people are glued to their phones and would definitely miss SM if they could'nt pay a sub fee .
Maybe the younger generation more? The Instagram generation would miss it less than the TikTok generation

Yel

Chatty Member
Would rather a simple app with no ads or algorithms
The ads and algorithms are how Instagram makes all its money! They make 3 times more per user than Facebook user. That won't be going anywhere

Facebook did start off with a whole seperate app for the tiktok features they were copying (it was called lasso). But decided it would be better integrating it into Instagram rather that a competing app.