Inside No 9

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
zomgggggg! fantastic! really layered, just got each final twist just before it happened, which is incredibly satisfying to me

also, I've been watching a lot of tales of the unexpected on sky arts recently and there were a lot of nods to that in there. the parrot, the red wine, the dismemberment, the black magic. ..

was awesome

Reactions: 3
I always find the first ep a let down, I wanted that to be darker then it was. Also where was the money 😬

Reactions: 2
I don't know if it's just because I'm currently dying with the covid, but I wasn't feeling that as much as I thought I would. It had all the ingredients for a perfect episode for me and yet it somehow just didn't quite land. 🤔

I don't know if it's just because I'm currently dying with the covid, but I wasn't feeling that as much as I thought I would. It had all the ingredients for a perfect episode for me and yet it somehow just didn't quite land. 🤔
Yer It felt like it was missing something. If the parrot was meant to be the mum's spirit then she really must have felt something for the guy that got killed or she couldn't have come back. Unless the foot really did work?

The guys were great as always though.

Yer It felt like it was missing something. If the parrot was meant to be the mum's spirit then she really must have felt something for the guy that got killed or she couldn't have come back. Unless the foot really did work?

The guys were great as always though.

that's how I parsed it. when anita dobson killed phil daniels, the fact that she loved him got the spirit of the mother to come back via the parrot

there's a sentence I never thought I'd write!

I still loved it. scary and gory and funny and well-acted and well-shot. it's not gonna be in my top 5, but it was great

• Haha
Reactions: 5
To be fair though, the worst episode of IN9 is still better than pretty much anything else on TV.

Reactions: 6

Same here - it was “IN9 by numbers”. The ‘twist’ was obvious the second AD killed PD.
---
To be fair though, the worst episode of IN9 is still better than pretty much anything else on TV.
True 😎

But did it actually work? The parrot just repeated 'what do you want?' Which is the same thing it says when Ed first gets it out of the cage to kill it - I noticed this on my rewatch today. So did the mum actually possess the parrot or not?

But did it actually work? The parrot just repeated 'what do you want?' Which is the same thing it says when Ed first gets it out of the cage to kill it - I noticed this on my rewatch today. So did the mum actually possess the parrot or not?
It's left open-ended, so that's up to you to decide 😅

Reactions: 4
This is why I wish they were still doing the podcast, we may not have got the answer but it might have helped 🤣

Wasn't too sure about the first episode but sometimes you have to watch an episode again to really appreciate it. They have confirmed now that the show will be rested after Series 9 but I've just been reading that a stage show is in development which would be fantastic!

Reactions: 4
Wasn't too sure about the first episode but sometimes you have to watch an episode again to really appreciate it. They have confirmed now that the show will be rested after Series 9 but I've just been reading that a stage show is in development which would be fantastic!

I'm so up for watching a stage show version.

Reactions: 1
This is why I wish they were still doing the podcast, we may not have got the answer but it might have helped 🤣
Ah, I was wondering if there was going to be an Inside Inside Number 9 this time and was missing it - have they actually said they're not doing them any more? If so, shame. I loved listening to them.

The BBC have tried various other "Inside ..." podcast series since but they've all been crap. Mainly because the programmes they've been about (e.g. that dreadful Outlaws thing) have all been crap too.

Ah, I was wondering if there was going to be an Inside Inside Number 9 this time and was missing it - have they actually said they're not doing them any more? If so, shame. I loved listening to them.

The BBC have tried various other "Inside ..." podcast series since but they've all been crap. Mainly because the programmes they've been about (e.g. that dreadful Outlaws thing) have all been crap too.
Apparently yes. Huge shame they couldn't have carried it in, even on thier own without the BBC.

I tried to listen to the podcast that went alongside Ghosts but it was dreadful. The host was terrible and they spent too long mucking about and not long enough discussing the actual show!

That was such a good episode. Other then the dark ones I like these kind as well, I also really liked the house!

Reactions: 2