“Influencers” in Dubai - disobeying the rules

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He’s chosen to stay with the NHS rather than just embrace the influencer life though hasn’t he? In the early series a few of them had decent jobs, how many of them have turned their backs on them for Insta fame and freebies?
This is true. I am sure he also gets some freebies thrown his way. 🙂

His brother committed suicide last year as well. He might have come across as a bit of a tit on Love Island, but I think he's genuinely a decent bloke. He was doing regular interviews with Kay Burley on Sky's breakfast news show during the first lockdown.
Ahh really? I didn’t know this about this brother. That is very sad to hear. ☹

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I have a lot of time for Dr Alex and also Rachel Fenton from the first series. She’s caught Covid twice whilst she’s been working as a nurse throughout the pandemic. She could easily have jacked it in and become an influencer. she’s always said her greatest achievement was her degree so why would she give that up.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Article in daily mail on Sam faires going to the Maldives over Christmas
I read that and headed over to her instagram to see what people had written in the comments. One of the comments calls her out fordeleting the bad comments, there’s a couple of comments saying that ITV should discipline them for going. They won’t be on there long. She should be behaving better now she renting in Surrey.

Reactions: 10
Bit of a random "influencer" to mention but anyone follow salt bae? Lol
He's always swanning about his restaurant in Dubai with huge groups of customers crowded together and never a mask in sight
How they're not all riddled I don't know

Reactions: 5
You need to check out one of the most recent Katie Hayes threads - he’s even in the title!!
Bit of a random "influencer" to mention but anyone follow salt bae? Lol
He's always swanning about his restaurant in Dubai with huge groups of customers crowded together and never a mask in sight
How they're not all riddled I don't know

Reactions: 2
What I find most strange and I know the UK had a corridor deal with Dubai... most likely two corrupt governments throwing money to each other anyway

But the rest of the UAE is SO strict. My godmother lives in Abu Dhabi and has just gone back there as her Christmas Holiday has ended ready for her to return to work and she’s on a tag basically for 2 weeks
My husband in Qatar has to quarantine on arrival for 2 weeks and test weekly and also quarantine and test before going offshore
They’ve implemented an app system so to be allowed to supermarkets etc they have to prove they are “green” which is good health

I know for much of the uk they would say this is against their rights blah blah
But why are the Uk and Dubai any different especially when the rates are so high
Influencers jobs aren’t essential I certainly don’t need them to post their PLT haul on a beach to me in a pandemic to make me feel better 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 16
Although now that mainstream media is picking up on it and more and more people are finally clocking on to what most of the IG influencer girls are doing in Dubai to fund their lifestyles (just look at DM comment sections when they show reality stars in Dubai). I think the influencer shelf life is coming to its end soon. And many of these 'Influencers' are going to find themselves at a very dead end if they spent all their money showing off to us what an amazing life they have...

Reactions: 11
I honestly can’t believe they got paid to promote it and then jetted off on holiday. They’re selfish pricks. The LOT OF THEM!!!!!
This is a bleeping disgrace. Stupid Government we have, they’re as bad as the wankers they’re paying to promote this! 😡😡

• Angry
Reactions: 7
Megan Stevens has shared Dr Alex’s last post, however she’s still in Dubai? She still chose to go when there is a global pandemic happening?
These so called ‘influencers’ are really something else aren’t they! Silly silly people, I hope their sponsors see their Instagram and get rid!

Reactions: 14
Megan Stevens has shared Dr Alex’s last post, however she’s still in Dubai? She still chose to go when there is a global pandemic happening?
These so called ‘influencers’ are really something else aren’t they! Silly silly people, I hope their sponsors see their Instagram and get rid!
Megan Stevens has really got on my wick lately with all the Dubai stuff. She’s been grating on me for a while but I’ve unfollowed her after all her ‘staying a little bit longer’ guff.

Reactions: 4
Just seen on @naomijaneadams stories the police will question influencers when they come back home

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Just seen on @naomijaneadams stories the police will question influencers when they come back home
I love this.

Sooner or later this lot will have the hmrc knocking on their door asking for retrospective payments, they have so many haters it’s bound to happen.

Reactions: 1
When this whole ‘influencer’ thing ceases to be a thing I will be very glad and the world will be a better place.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
The way they have behaved in this crisis has made everything worse. They should be heavily taxed and have stricter guidelines like teachers do as they have young kids following them.

Reactions: 5
Amber Gill is a bleeping liar lmao. How she went from my all time favourite Love Islander to someone I detest so quickly is crazy.

She went on that Irish tv show as mentioned and said this:
1C3E81B9-307C-4F57-AEE1-EC7CC23216EB.png

Claimed she travelled before Tier 4 was a thing in London. Yes, you did. But you travelled about forty five minutes after it was announced.

03D1EA9A-F4D0-484E-8A80-EB35DB435D7D.png

This is from 19th December. Such a liar.

Also saw this on naomijaneadams account
3DD329B9-770B-48E6-9639-E7CBE33F2465.png

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
All this becoming relevant in the media is great and drawing attention to these idiots, but the problem is, I now think its not hitting the right people, the ‘its on insta so it must be ok’ ‘these are famous people so it can’t be wrong’ gang, who don’t always have knowledge of what is going off bar facebook and sodding this morning. The people who don’t realise thag celebrity status comes with acheivement, NOT an onlyfans account and Itv 2. Its quite sad really, but they will always tell these people they are right, and the echo chamber continues.
Oh, and I got blocked by Demi Sims for remarking on her trip being essential work. Thats todays bonus- can’t even engage to see what people think..... 🙄

God, I know that sounds judgy, but thats the world we are in now, where a love hearted comment and crap tv stops people ever questioning things

Reactions: 3
Tanya Bardsley and the new girl Lystra from Real Housewives of Cheshire now also in Dubai. Alongside a few other women. They've conveniently not posted anything in their own page however they’re on the #saltbae guys insta story. ITV clearly don’t care about the people they pay thousands to following government guidelines do they? Housewives, Sam Faiers, Ferne whatsherface. Half of towie. They’re all bleeping at it.

• Angry
Reactions: 12
Amber Gill is a bleeping liar lmao. How she went from my all time favourite Love Islander to someone I detest so quickly is crazy.

She went on that Irish tv show as mentioned and said this: View attachment 386846

Claimed she travelled before Tier 4 was a thing in London. Yes, you did. But you travelled about forty five minutes after it was announced.

View attachment 386849

This is from 19th December. Such a liar.

Also saw this on naomijaneadams accountView attachment 386858
she is really going for it on her stories! I also noticed that British vogue have done an article on influencers in Dubai and it’s less then kind

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.