Influencers being shady with their AD

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
More from Jo Good. This time she actually says in the YouTube description box that one part of her vlog is an ad, but neglects toput #AD in the YT title, as required by the ASA.

The vlog contains other undeclared ads but she again uses the classic sneaky influencer technique saying "under no obligation to film". But, Jo, you got a freebie facial and you did film and did broadcast it SO IT IS AN AD!!
20211114_154738.jpg

• Angry
Reactions: 3
I don't know her, but why would anybody want her promoting their products? Good grief.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
She’s a fright isn’t she. I can’t understand how she’s got any sort of following on social media let alone her own radio show - beggars belief 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Yet another example of Jo Good aka MiddleAgedMinx advertising a high street brand, giving aff links but not transparently identifying this IG post as the #AD that it is.

Remember too that Jo Good often uses her BBC radio show to mention her social media channels telling listeners they will find cute pics of her dog and her outfits etc. She is hoping they will also see her advertising that is not disclosed as such.
20211117_182710.jpg

Reactions: 1
Yet another example of Jo Good aka MiddleAgedMinx advertising a high street brand, giving aff links but not transparently identifying this IG post as the #AD that it is.

Remember too that Jo Good often uses her BBC radio show to mention her social media channels telling listeners they will find cute pics of her dog and her outfits etc. She is hoping they will also see her advertising that is not disclosed as such.
View attachment 872016
Yuck. She looks like a trolley Dooley.. 😏

• Haha
Meal prep king has a thing with grenade bars. But never declares an ad. He’s super fishy about it too

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Lorna Luxe promotes her In the Style collection and never declares it as an ad . Had her wrists slapped by ASA but still does it . She also misses out AD on a lot of other stuff .

• Angry
Reactions: 5
Slimy Jo Good aka @middleagedminx is AGAIN using a common YouTuber dodgy trick, she might not have received an actual fee from the brand for that video but she will receive a referral commission from the link she gives. I think she knows her mainly elderly, unsavvy followers wouldn't know this; she should be ashamed of exploiting their ignorance.
20211205_112534.jpg

20211205_112612.jpg

20211205_113331.jpg

She should be aware that the ASA still consider these types of promotion as advertising. Just because you aren't paid a fee does not mean it's not an ad. If there was nothing in it for her why would she bother?

Reactions: 4
The meal prep king clearly advertising his own stuff, never puts an ad, skinny foods/grenade bars. He blocks you as soon as you say something.

Reactions: 4
Well, blow me down but serial non-declarer-of-ads Jo Good aka @middleagedminx has actually marked an IG post with #ad !!

Thanks for the smoking gun Jo! The handy screenshot below should be sufficient proof for the BBC to realise that when Jo Good mentions her social media accounts (or indeed gives listeners her actual handle) on her BBC Radio London show she is directing them straight to her advertising channels. In addition to her fee from the beauty club, here she is showing all the free stuff she receives.

(Still not as low as her using the vlog in which she announced the death of her 13yo dog, to plug another beauty brand - she actually said the dog "would understand").
20211220_175552.jpg

Again Jo Good brazenly uses her platform as a BBC Radio London presenter to tell listeners to go to her YouTube vlog (which is her personal advertising channel).

On her show on Tuesday 20th December (listen again on BBC Sounds @ 1:52:25)

She reads out an email from an unamed listener: "Jo, having watched your vlog have you yet spilled the beans?"
Jo replies "NO! you need to watch next week's to find out more!".
She then gives a repulsive smug chuckle and continues "Loads of people are asking about my YouTube, you're gonna have to watch next weeks".

So Jo, what brand will you be advertising on YouTube next week? Hoping to up your viewer numbers with those sent to your vlog flog via your constant mentions on the BBC, courtesy of licence payers?

jo good bbc radio london you tube middleagedminx.jpg

Last edited:
Again Jo Good brazenly uses her platform as a BBC Radio London presenter to tell listeners to go to her YouTube vlog (which is her personal advertising channel).

On her show on Tuesday 20th December (listen again on BBC Sounds @ 1:52:25)

She reads out an email from an unamed listener: "Jo, having watched your vlog have you yet spilled the beans?"
Jo replies "NO! you need to watch next week's to find out more!".
She then gives a repulsive smug chuckle and continues "Loads of people are asking about my YouTube, you're gonna have to watch next weeks".

So Jo, what brand will you be advertising on YouTube next week? Hoping to up your viewer numbers with those sent to your vlog flog via your constant mentions on the BBC, courtesy of licence payers?

View attachment 938729
It was Monday the 20th December, not Tuesday.

They need to wise up
This story made the 630 ITV news.

Last edited:
I did a search for influencer threads and this is probably the thread to put this in rather than make a new one......

They are going to get a bad name, lose fans and disappear in to obscurity with a bit of luck.

A first appearance here for regular offender Anna Webb, a dog nutritionist and behaviour expert who regularly appears in the media, including weekly on BBC Radio London on the Barking at the Moon dog hour, along with Jo Good.

She advertises many different dog products and services on her socials (other than her own services), including raw dog food brands, leads, a dog cafe and daycare venue etc. She sometimes marks the ad as # gifted, but usually at the end of a post, but never transparently discloses it as an # AD at the start of a post, as the ASA requires.

20220106_164754.jpg

20220106_164836.jpg

Last edited:
I think the #gifted is a very, very new occurrence. That orange leash she’s always showing, is I believe, designed by her.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads-up @Mustard on other threads about Vanessa Feltz @vanessafeltzofficial now joining Insta. She was always a self-confessed luddite, only ever using a mobile phone to text but now has joined IG, with lots of #gifted dresses already featured, but no sign of transparency of them being an #AD. Tattlers are wondering who is running her account, perhaps her daugher or her partner, both of whom are active on social media.

She, like Jo Good, is also using her BBC radio shows (Radio 2 and BBC Radio London) to direct listeners to her advertising platform.