Imogenation #44 Old Miss Immy had a nerve, claiming she could teach.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My god she's actually such a weirdo. My kids a few months older than Ren n if anyone offers to take him off me for a bit I'm like cyaaa son, don't be back too soon šŸ‘‹šŸ¼ šŸ˜Œ

• Haha
Reactions: 31
IMOGENATION #45 ā€œ Immys got no whit, husbands a twit and baby princess lives off mums titā€

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I never intended to be more than a lurker on tattle and whenever I post I think this will probably be my last post nowā€¦ and then Imo does something that riles me up so much!!! Today itā€™s two things! Apologies in advance for a stupidly long post! Need to get it off my chest as my partner hates listening to me moan about people from the internet šŸ˜‚.

The breastfeeding post is just so damaging to women who, for whatever reason, canā€™t breastfeed or choose not to. I have inverted nipples and it has always been a huge pet peeve of mine seeing posts like that from women who act like their success at breastfeeding somehow makes them better mums who have closer bonds with their babies! It infuriates me!

Yes of course be proud of yourself for breastfeeding, it is an amazing thing but itā€™s just another way for Imo to try and get the validation from her huns that she so desperately requires. She needs people on insta to tell her what a good mum she is. Thereā€™s quite a bit more to being a good mum than whether or not your baby can successfully suck milk from your boobs Imo!

Like some others I had a horrendous birth,

Itā€™s a long story with multiple elements that I wonā€™t go into but long story short it ended in a huge haemorrhage in which I lost 75% of my blood. I missed the ā€˜golden hourā€™ when my daughter was first born because I was unconscious while they stopped the bleeding and administered blood transfusions. It wasnā€™t an easy recovery after and that mixed in with the inverted nipples and having large boobs meant that the only way I could feed her was with a nipple shield in the rugby ball position which was really hard to do when I was on my own due to my c section scar.

We quickly went to combi feeding with formula, on the breast and expressing milk for her. By 4 weeks, actually feeding her from the boob was just getting too difficult, I couldnā€™t feed her out and about because of the position I needed to use to do so. I was lucky that by 6 weeks my milk supply had increased a lot and I was able to switch to exclusive pumping which Iā€™m still doing 5 months down the line. Obviously Iā€™m not comparing but if Imo thinks sheā€™s faced challenges breast feeding, come have a chat with me about the challenges of pumping!

Not claiming breast feeding doesnā€™t have multiple challenges too of course (and even formula feeding) but would love to see her managing everything that goes along with exclusively pumping!

I hate pumping with a passion (I mean who would enjoy it) and it dictates my life at the moment. I feel like an actual dairy cow! Iā€™m continuing until 6 months and genuinely I feel like there is a huge part of my need to carry on pumping that is down to the guilt and sadness I feel that my boobs werenā€™t the right kind to be able to feed my baby directly because if I had been able to Iā€™d have liked to have given her breast milk until 1. My guilt and sadness in a big part comes from women like Imo who post tit like that!

Despite breast feeding not being a success, I did lots of skin to skin with my baby and donā€™t feel in any way, shape or form that I have less of a bond with my baby because of how I feed her!

Secondly the health visitor post!! God sheā€™s a hypocritical narcissist! She can talk tit about people online but no one is allowed to call her out for her crappy behaviour! Again I just feel like itā€™s bullshit! Maybe itā€™s just because Iā€™ve been super lucky with health visitors. But I just canā€™t imagine any professional saying the stuff that Imo is claiming! Better hope I never meet her HV if she did say that about percentiles as my baby is 91st percentile for height and 15th for weight, a total bean pole! My HV thinks itā€™s genetic as she drinks plenty and is meeting milestones well. I feel like maybe the HV did mention the amount that Ren was being fed as more than 20 feeds a day just seems so excessive at this age. Although I never exclusively breast fed I do know other mums who are and even they arenā€™t feeding their babies that many times a day at half Renā€™s age! Possibly said in correlation to Ren being on a higher weight percentile and in Imoā€™s mind, with her unhealthy relationship regarding her own weight has twisted it all in her head! I donā€™t know, but it just doesnā€™t sound realistic!

I donā€™t think Iā€™ve seen a nearly 1 year old that looks as grumpy all the time as Ren. I really hope sheā€™s smilier off camera. I really find it so sad that Imo doesnā€™t take her to any baby groups or swimming lessons or music groups! There are so many options! I used to nanny in Brighton years ago and we were spoilt for choice for things to do! Thereā€™s zero excuse, she has time to prat about in Primark and make god awful videos for other peopleā€™s kids!
What has the HV said? I really canā€™t bare to watch any of her videos. Also what was the 20 mins eating / leaving the baby with spenny all about?

Reactions: 2
i have no personal knowledge with this stuff so iā€™m not sure what age HV visits are meant to stop and how often theyā€™re meant to be had, but do we think she exaggerated the way the HV spoke to her to use it as an excuse for not having anymore visits? i feel like sheā€™ll come out and say that she knows sheā€™s an ā€˜amazing motherā€™ so she doesnā€™t want someone telling her what to do after that ā€˜negative experienceā€™, and then all her huns will validate her and say that she knows best

Reactions: 6
Im part of the inverted nipple crew too! Expressing is SUCH hard work I did the same for my daughter for 4 weeks you should be incredibly proud of yourself!
I also have inverted nipples and I wasnā€™t given any help or advice with BF and I was left gutted! But the bond me and my child has is unbreakable sheā€™s just a narcissist twit!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
i have no personal knowledge with this stuff so iā€™m not sure what age HV visits are meant to stop and how often theyā€™re meant to be had, but do we think she exaggerated the way the HV spoke to her to use it as an excuse for not having anymore visits? i feel like sheā€™ll come out and say that she knows sheā€™s an ā€˜amazing motherā€™ so she doesnā€™t want someone telling her what to do after that ā€˜negative experienceā€™, and then all her huns will validate her and say that she knows best
The normal checks are 10-14 days, 6-8 weeks, 9-12 months and then 2-2 and a half. I had the 9-12 month check at a health centre. You have to fill out a questionnaire of questions based on what your child is doing. Like standing up, picking things up / moving objects from one hand to another, crawling. Itā€™s like ā€œnot doing it yet, sometimes and all the timeā€. Then theyā€™re added up and based on the score it gives the HV an idea of if theyā€™re reaching milestones etc. also we discussed my son reducing his feeds as he was approaching 1, how I should start to offer snacks instead of milk etc. The one at 2-2 and a half is to do with language / speech and whether they can give you support to get them ready for starting school if there is an issue. No doubt by the time sheā€™s 2, Grimmo will be telling the HV how sheā€™s done a course for phonics and she knows what to do šŸ™„
Iā€™m assuming she went to a centre where it was just her and Ren because she doesnā€™t get Spencer to chime in ā€œdidnā€™t she Spence, she said that didnā€™t she?ā€ Because he wouldnā€™t have been there

Reactions: 12
Sorry if someoneā€™s already said this, I was half asleep when catching up lastnight but that dinner video from lastnight just highlights how much she still treats Ren like a newborn. I donā€™t miss that stage at all where you canā€™t have a hot cup of tea or meal because you constantly have to be holding or feeding the baby but at this age she should be able to put her down with her toys or a snack and go have something to eat knowing that Ren is perfectly fine without her. She has formed such an unhealthy attachment to that girl and it will massively hinder her independence later on in life. Like she literally said she knows sheā€™s happy playing with Spence but still wants to be with her instead of eating wtf? How will she ever send that girl to schoolšŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

Reactions: 27
She's deleted the meal video with the 'mum guilt' wonder why?! šŸ™„

• Wow
Reactions: 12
I think she wraps Ren up in bubble wrap because she has always spouted on that her parents did that to her.. she goes on like they were the most amazing parents ever but that doesnā€™t sound like amazing parents to me? Molecuddling your child so much they move out at 16, underage drink and have an illegal relationship because she was under 16 and he was over 20.. great parenting that is ;)

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Sorry if someoneā€™s already said this, I was half asleep when catching up lastnight but that dinner video from lastnight just highlights how much she still treats Ren like a newborn. I donā€™t miss that stage at all where you canā€™t have a hot cup of tea or meal because you constantly have to be holding or feeding the baby but at this age she should be able to put her down with her toys or a snack and go have something to eat knowing that Ren is perfectly fine without her. She has formed such an unhealthy attachment to that girl and it will massively hinder her independence later on in life. Like she literally said she knows sheā€™s happy playing with Spence but still wants to be with her instead of eating wtf? How will she ever send that girl to schoolšŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø
Yes that stage is tough!! I remember me and my partner taking it in turns to eat our dinner while the other held the baby! It felt like it would never end at the time but by 6-8 weeks it had. Then our little girl would happily sit in her bouncer and watch us eat dinner, she still does at 5 months.
That tiktok is a classic example of the hugely unhealthy behaviour she exhibits when it comes to being a mum. Ren is 11 months. It just isnā€™t normal to be sitting there feeling the way she says she is feeling. She genuinely needs some professional help at this point.

I genuinely feel for Spencer, my daughter is such a daddyā€™s girl and always has the biggest smiles and laughs for him. But that doesnā€™t make my relationship with her any less. It doesnā€™t make me feel like she needs me less, she still smiles at me and we often joke that heā€™s fun Daddy and Iā€™m her sleep person because she wonā€™t go down for naps with him as she thinks heā€™s there to play. I adore watching my baby beaming at her dad as he smiles at her! I am so grateful that if I need to get some jobs done that I can leave her with my partner and know that my girl is absolutely fine!

She really is treating Ren like a newborn and all that is going to do is hold her back! Her need for Ren to need her and only her is concerning. I used to see similar behaviour when I worked in nurseries, mumā€™s who would stand at the stair gate telling their babies over and over that they were going until the baby cried for them. Difference being that was down to genuine mum guilt about having to go to work and leave their babies. Imo is lucky enough to be with Ren all the time! If anything some time apart every now and again might actually be beneficial to Ren at this point!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
To post a ā€˜mum guiltā€™ tiktok when she is in the fortunate position of being able to be with her child all day is typically crass and insensitive, considering many parents have to leave their kids in childcare throughout the week so they can go out WORK!
And I mean actual workā€¦Messing about on tiktok and calling it work?? No chance.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
That latest tiktok shows how angry and aggressive she gets. You know she was having a strop trying to ā€œdo everythingā€ (meaning, make a poached egg!) and Spencer has probably made the excuse like ā€œIā€™ll take Renault Clio upstairs to play for a bitā€ and Imogen has got in a strop because sheā€™s on her own. Saying sheā€™s ā€œrushingā€ to eat (but stopping to make a tiktok while pushing some dry toast around a plate) then complaining that the egg is wet šŸ˜‚ I bet itā€™s a dig at Spencer because he didnā€™t cook it for her and she had to do something for herself. Its like someone writing a ranty facebook status when theyre pissed off but deleting it later, just she films it then leaves it for 1000s to see. Embarrassing

Reactions: 18
Also Iā€™m v confused.. she had eggs avocado toast last night for dinner.. but on her Instagram they went out for brunch where she had the exact same meal ???? Huh?!šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 8
I know this has been said time and time again but I just need to say it louder for the people in the backā€¦ā€¦ HOW CAN THIS WOMAN DENY SHE HAS HAD LIP FILLERS? Looking at photos of her from years ago compared to now? My god! You would have to be a grade A idiot to believe a magical ā€˜lip glossā€™ has plumped her lips that much! - does she honestly think her followers are that stupid?

Reactions: 23
What has the HV said? I really canā€™t bare to watch any of her videos. Also what was the 20 mins eating / leaving the baby with spenny all about?
In Imos world:
The health visitor was really nasty and bullied me and told me everything I was doing is wrong even though I am the perfect mummy!! She told me to stop breast feeding Ren 20 times a day but I think thatā€™s absolute bullshit and how else can I feel close to my sweet angel? She also DARED to try and tell me to lay her in a dark room to sleep when weā€™ve tried everything we are the victims here šŸ˜©ā€¦. (One month later)ā€¦ omg she also said my babies weight wasnā€™t on the right percentile and told me to restrict her food and put her on a diet HUNS imagine reeling someone to put their baby on a diet? I will never use those words around Ren!

In reality:
Sounds like the health visitor wasnā€™t playing into her narscissm and calling her the most wonder natural mother in the world so in Imos eyes sheā€™s a ā€œhaterā€ and a ā€bullyā€.
I honestly think Imo probably mentioned Ren not sleeping and because she didnā€™t say ā€œomg well some babies donā€™t sleep. Donā€™t worry hun youā€™re amazing and no one can do a better job than youā€ and opted for practical advice, again, sheā€™s this horrible evil woman.
I think she literally just said for her to cut down the amount of times she breast feeds a day is all and IMOā€™s turned that into a weird diet culture thing cus she knows that will get her attention.

other video:
Imo makes a tiktok eating some eggs on toast and is ā€œguiltyā€ because Spencer took Ren upstairs to play because she was getting a bit grizzlyā€¦ Imo now has to rush her meal to be by her babies side and doesnā€™t even want to eat.
She canā€™t leave her nearly 1 year old alone for 20 mins to just play with her dadā€¦ shes

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.