I'm a Celebrity get Me out of Here 2023 #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just catching up as I was out so caught up later. Tony is a legend! Loved the task and how he dealt with it.
Sam is lovely but as someone with autistic traits I'm on the quiet side and very noise sensitive. I couldn't be around him for any length of time bless him.
From memory of his programme he tried the meds but didn't like how they made him feel.....quite flat and not himself which is why he stopped them. Fair play.

@user5748 thank you for your post re the 6 weeks thing, you've really made me think as I have a pattern too ♥

Reactions: 7
I'm just not sure about him. He wasn't the same on Made in Chelsea, or Love Island After hours. Happy - yes, but not this shouting Tigger bouncing around attaching himself so excitedly to older men.
I know he has autism and ADHD but it must still be OK to find him annoying right now 😬
I only know him from Made In Chelsea, scripted or not I see two different characters, maybe he's on medication now he's been diagnosed, that could maybe explain his change of personality 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: 2
I'm just not sure about him. He wasn't the same on Made in Chelsea, or Love Island After hours. Happy - yes, but not this shouting Tigger bouncing around attaching himself so excitedly to older men.
I know he has autism and ADHD but it must still be OK to find him annoying right now 😬
Tigger? I am here!

But seriously I'm waiting on a diagnosis for my oldest. I am hoping she gets one as I can't explain her behaviour any other way.

Reactions: 3
He mentioned on an interview that he has been masking for most his life. And actuslly it made him miserable,almost glum on mic. They told him how to act and what role to play. And in life, he never felt OK so just masked it all and it got him really depressed,exhausted and to the point he didn't want to do it anymore. I think having his diagnosis let him just be a bit. Having people in his life like zara understanding what made him tick etc.
I think he might still have a bit to go of finding that balance. So right now he's just letting it go. I applaud him for that. I've seen those with ND be close to suicide after having to cover it for so long.
Especially others have spoken up about how in the "circles" he's from and that class it would be incredibly hard and not acceptable to be ND into that world often.
And he's NOT like this all the time.
Remember they often show him sitting quietly around camp chatting but focus in on him only on the puppy bits. And he's often just sitting at home on stories.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
He mentioned on an interview that he has been masking for most his life. And actuslly it made him miserable,almost glum on mic. They told him how to act and what role to play. And in life, he never felt OK so just masked it all and it got him really depressed,exhausted and to the point he didn't want to do it anymore. I think having his diagnosis let him just be a bit. Having people in his life like zara understanding what made him tick etc.
I think he might still have a bit to go of finding that balance. So right now he's just letting it go. I applaud him for that. I've seen those with ND be close to suicide after having to cover it for so long.
Especially others have spoken up about how in the "circles" he's from and that class it would be incredibly hard and not acceptable to be ND into that world often.
And he's NOT like this all the time.
Remember they often show him sitting quietly around camp chatting but focus in on him only on the puppy bits. And he's often just sitting at home on stories.
You’ve said just what I was thinking- that before his diagnosis he probably tried to hide a bit of who he was and now he’s been diagnosed he can feel more free to be himself

Reactions: 12
I was really looking forward to Danielle going in, but it’s felt a bit flat. I feel like she hardly talks about herself. She just asked other people questions I thought she had more personality if I’m being honest and Josie definitely doesn’t wanna be there
awwww Sam is so cute the way he was all excited to meet Tony, but NGL don’t think I could cope with him 24/7
Also , why was everyone warning Sam about how to be around Tony I think he will be sound with him
What makes you think Josie definitely doesn’t want to be there? If anybody is giving off ‘definitely doesn’t want to be there’ vibes it’s Grace

Reactions: 12
I love Tony Bellew, before this I thought he was a bit of a prick but the Scouse banter is the best 🤣 He’s the only Scouser that’s been on telly that hasn’t exaggerated our accent and made me cringe

• Heart
Reactions: 14
She does sit with her head in her hands a lot. She really does not seem to be enjoying it in the slightest.
I don't dislike her. She seems genuinely quite unhappy a lot of the time.
I didn't catch the Sam comment mind you.
This is a shame. I really like Grace; she seems lately to have overhauled her life a bit; giving up drinking, getting into the gym, and changing her look.
She’s been coming across as being happy in her own skin. Maybe being in the camp is affecting her mentally - she’s lost both parents in recent years, and her Dad had dementia.
I really can’t tune in while Nella is still there, but I’m gutted I’m missing Tony B - he’s so funny when he’s in ALOTO.
I read a comment yesterday on the DM website about a charity he runs, helping to keep young people out of trouble. The poster was saying how Tony really gets involved with it, and how nice he is.
I’d be happy to see him win.
---
I love Tony Bellew, before this I thought he was a bit of a prick but the Scouse banter is the best 🤣 He’s the only Scouser that’s been on telly that hasn’t exaggerated our accent and made me cringe
I don’t know why Scousers get so much stick. I’ve met some truly lovely ones, and the humour is just the best 😆 ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 9
To add to those with ASD/ADHD here, I used to mask until I was diagnosed as I tried to hard to fit it with others. Now I understand more about myself, I don’t mask at all - and I was actually very bad at masking, looking back - and I wonder if Sam’s the same.
I would also think he’s over-stimulated in there with so many people and the unpredictability of the days and tasks. Which can make his behaviour seem more extreme and tiggerish. I melt down when overstimulated, but my cousin with the same diagnoses would react just like Sam. Whichever your reaction, it’s not put on. Wish that we could control or have a game plan for our behaviours, but there’s no way either due to poor impulse control. For example, Sam was a lot less hyper when talking to JLS 1-1 than he is in the group.
It’s also fine for him to choose not to be medicated.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
My daughter is 13 and is obsessed with Nella. She does have a big fan base it seems!
My daughters 18 and can’t stand her.
---
What do we reckon will happen with Fromage? Kept in by the public so he can’t collect his fee and run, or voted off for less exposure? :)
Makes little difference. He collects his rumoured £1.5 million regardless. He will sail through the trials if voted. Those who like him will still like him, those that don’t still won’t. It’s what, three weeks work? £500,000k per week, plus a nice stay at a hotel if voted out early.

Only thing that will ultimately change is his bank account……

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Sam's reason for not taking meds is the same as my son, it made him feel numb and zombie like. I can't blame him, my boy was close to suicidal on his meds, and much better off them, as exhausting as he can be to be around at times.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
My daughters 18 and can’t stand her.
---

Makes little difference. He collects his rumoured £1.5 million regardless. He will sail through the trials if voted. Those who like him will still like him, those that don’t still won’t. It’s what, three weeks work? £500,000k per week, plus a nice stay at a hotel if voted out early.

Only thing that will ultimately change is his bank account……
I wonder if he’s still with Coutts 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Because its more known about now.
Yes definitely more awareness now I was diagnosed when I was 4 but the amount of adults etc walking round either undiagnosed or going through the assessments is nuts

Yes definitely more awareness now I was diagnosed when I was 4 but the amount of adults etc walking round either undiagnosed or going through the assessments is nuts
It just wasn't really 'a thing' at school. In my opinion. I was just disruptive or 'slow'

Reactions: 1
It just wasn't really 'a thing' at school. In my opinion. I was just disruptive or 'slow'
Yes was horrificly bullied for 'being different' unfortunately I don't think we're any further forward with anything but that's my take and I don't want to clog the thread to much 😂

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.