If you had confirmed case of Covid, what were your symptoms?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Quoting myself to show what I’d posted yesterday. My sister’s test has come back negative.

But since Wed I’ve had bad headaches, then Thu and Fri lack of energy and so tired. Friday morning started with a nagging feeling in my throat, then this morning I’ve eaten and can taste fine but it feels like cold at the back of my throat.

Would you get a test based on this? Wait it out a bit longer? I’m sick of second guessing and not knowing if I’m doing the right thing!
I personally wouldn't as all those things are a normal cold for me. But if it's not normal for you then get one!!

Huge outbreak in the home I work at. EVERYONE has been wearing PPE but I feel like I will get it because almost every staff has caught it :( just wondering what was your symptoms and was it quite severe? A lot of staff have been saying they've got a very bad headache which seems like that's a common one. None of them have fever, cough or loss of smell/taste. They really need to reevaluate the NHS symptoms list!
I work in a care home, and I caught it back in April when it was rife in our unit (tested positive). Main symptoms initially were severe headache, muscle aches and fatigue. Symptoms like loss of smell, breathlessness and cough came later. Never had a high temperature.

Noooo but in Jan I had a terrible cough that lasted for 7 weeks. I am convinced that was it!
I had a horrid virus in Feb; hurt to breathe, no energy, sore all over, and a hacking dry cough that I had for nearly 3 months. Ended up with bruised ribs and then a slipped rib from all the coughing 🤮

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I had a horrid virus in Feb; hurt to breathe, no energy, sore all over, and a hacking dry cough that I had for nearly 3 months. Ended up with bruised ribs and then a slipped rib from all the coughing 🤮
loads of people are saying that, me and my husband included, hope you fully better now. x

loads of people are saying that, me and my husband included, hope you fully better now. x
I remember standing at the school gates, trying not to cough! I got through 2 courses of antibiotics but the cough took an age to shake off. I'm fine now! 🙂 x

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I remember standing at the school gates, trying not to cough! I got through 2 courses of antibiotics but the cough took an age to shake off. I'm fine now! 🙂 x
yes my husband had 3 lots of his usual chest antibiotics, (he has copd) and they didnt work. it went naturally in the end. Glad you are all better now x

• Heart
I had it in march, i started off with hot flushes, a really bad head ache which stayed for about a week, then aches and pains, i felt sick all the time, i also had the shits for the whole time i was ill. towards the end i started to get a tight chest and struggled to take a deep breath. i never got tested but i did have the antibody test weeks later which came back positive.

• Sad
Interesting how many of you mention feeling dreadful back in January because I did too, for a good 8 weeks! It was dreadful, I felt so woozy and faint and couldn't stop coughing my lungs up. But as this was pre-corona is was put down as a nasty chest infection. Now I've had the official "positive" result for corona on Sunday, my symptoms were a mild sore throat which has developed into a bit of a tickly cough. Nowhere near as bad as the chest infection at the start of the year where I was essentially bed-ridden. However, I have been feeling more tired than usual and have less of an appetite, but I put these two things down to starting my period on the same day as getting corona.

Reactions: 2
Interesting how many of you mention feeling dreadful back in January because I did too, for a good 8 weeks! It was dreadful, I felt so woozy and faint and couldn't stop coughing my lungs up. But as this was pre-corona is was put down as a nasty chest infection. Now I've had the official "positive" result for corona on Sunday, my symptoms were a mild sore throat which has developed into a bit of a tickly cough. Nowhere near as bad as the chest infection at the start of the year where I was essentially bed-ridden. However, I have been feeling more tired than usual and have less of an appetite, but I put these two things down to starting my period on the same day as getting corona.
do you think you could have possibly had it twice? or was the original ilness deffo chest infection x

do you think you could have possibly had it twice? or was the original ilness deffo chest infection x
I'm not sure tbh, but my GP deffo seemed to think it was a chest infection and the infection did clear up quickly when I was finally put on antibiotics for the chest infection in early March!

I've had headache for days now, sore eyes (if you know what I mean), sore when swallowing but only on right side of throat. Back is killing me. and absolutely shattered. I'm also on immunosuppressant's for my eczema but was told I wouldn't need to shield as it's a low dose. Not sure if it's just a cold! I work in the hospital :(

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I've had headache for days now, sore eyes (if you know what I mean), sore when swallowing but only on right side of throat. Back is killing me. and absolutely shattered. I'm also on immunosuppressant's for my eczema but was told I wouldn't need to shield as it's a low dose. Not sure if it's just a cold! I work in the hospital :(
That sounds very similar to me, im waiting on my results.

Friday - mild headache and a bit squiffy. Knackered.
Saturday - belting headache and temp of 38.3
Sunday - same as Saturday, felt like i had an insect in my ear 🤢
Monday - still headaches and temp over 38. Wont break even with paracetamol. Painful earache, also moved to tonsil on that side (left for me). Horrible achey leg and back.
Today - headaches, temp dropped a bit (but still high 37s). Ear and throat incredibly painful. Leg and backache gone but very squiffy now. Dull ache between my eyes. Dizzy. Forgetful.

It sounds like a virus of some sort, just will have to see if its Covid.

• Sad
My brother was really poorly in December last year. Like many others on this thread he wont seek medical attention unless necessary. He was admitted to hospital and diagnosed with an upper respiratory infection and given steroids and anti biotics. 2 months ago his partner tested positive for the virus, and he got tested and was tested negative she was quite poorly but managed at home.

I've wandered onto this thread as my 5 year old niece tested positive on Saturday so I'm isolating as had contact with her just before ❤

• Sad
This is a weird question did any of you have anxiety as a symptom?
Yes!!!! I suffer with bad anxiety anyway and was only just under 2 months post partum so quite hormonal but I was an actual mess - felt so anxious the whole time I was unwell and cried a lot and just wanted to shut myself away. I’ve definitely been more ill so wasn’t anxious about the actual virus but it was so odd. Even my partner mentioned it.

• Sad
I’ve got a new sore throat which is tickly can feel it’s going to turn into a cough!! Oh buggery

• Sad
That sounds very similar to me, im waiting on my results.

Friday - mild headache and a bit squiffy. Knackered.
Saturday - belting headache and temp of 38.3
Sunday - same as Saturday, felt like i had an insect in my ear 🤢
Monday - still headaches and temp over 38. Wont break even with paracetamol. Painful earache, also moved to tonsil on that side (left for me). Horrible achey leg and back.
Today - headaches, temp dropped a bit (but still high 37s). Ear and throat incredibly painful. Leg and backache gone but very squiffy now. Dull ache between my eyes. Dizzy. Forgetful.

It sounds like a virus of some sort, just will have to see if its Covid.
Sore ear and tonsil gone today, temperature now almost normal, but having dizzy spells just sat down. Wtf. If this isn’t Covid, I wonder what the heck it is 🧐

Sore ear and tonsil gone today, temperature now almost normal, but having dizzy spells just sat down. Wtf. If this isn’t Covid, I wonder what the heck it is 🧐
it sounds like Covid, Both me and my partner had it, and she had dizzy spells for weeks after

• Sad
I had similar symptoms a few months back. Temp was just under 38c, awful throat pain, mild cough, flushed, ear ache, fatigue and dizziness and my head felt like it was being squashed. Covid test came back negative but I am still convinced I had it. Last time I had a fever and felt unwell was in 2018 when I had adenovirus. I hope you feel better soon. Are you going to have a covid test done

Last edited: