If you had confirmed case of Covid, what were your symptoms?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Quoting myself to show what I’d posted yesterday. My sister’s test has come back negative.

But since Wed I’ve had bad headaches, then Thu and Fri lack of energy and so tired. Friday morning started with a nagging feeling in my throat, then this morning I’ve eaten and can taste fine but it feels like cold at the back of my throat.

Would you get a test based on this? Wait it out a bit longer? I’m sick of second guessing and not knowing if I’m doing the right thing!
If having a test would ease your mind and you are able to, you should. If your sisters flatmate is positive and you have been around them ,surely that is a good enough grounds for you to require one. Hopefully it will be negative if your sisters is, but you sound like you need to put your mind at rest, worrying can make any symptoms you do have worse. x

Reactions: 1
I was unwell in January and had a cough, a strange dry throat and a scabby nose that bled but didn't run . I found these symptoms unusual.

In this case ,and in the past when I've come down with flu and other cold virus I go from being fine to Bam I'm ill with a fever and there's no mistaking I'm unwell with something.

None of that answers the original question does it? My point is probably when I've caught a virus, there is no doubt I'm suffering from something

My husband had a confirmed case beginning of April. Splitting headache, worst he has ever known, ached everywhere, diarrhoea, exhaustion. No cough and no temperature (although paracetamol he was taking for headache may have masked his temperature). He was very ill for about a month, two weeks of which he only got out of bed to go to the loo, but has slowly recovered and is pretty much back to normal now.

Reactions: 2
Quoting myself to show what I’d posted yesterday. My sister’s test has come back negative.

But since Wed I’ve had bad headaches, then Thu and Fri lack of energy and so tired. Friday morning started with a nagging feeling in my throat, then this morning I’ve eaten and can taste fine but it feels like cold at the back of my throat.

Would you get a test based on this? Wait it out a bit longer? I’m sick of second guessing and not knowing if I’m doing the right thing!
Unless you have a temperature, continuous cough or loss of taste and smell they won't even approve you for a test.
I have two apps, both said get a test, applied but didn't meet the criteria. NHS tracing app has me on isolation mode which I cant change but couldnt get a test.
Have since been diagnosed sinus infection, inflamed tonsils. Basically, it's a cold. I do now have a bit of a cough and loss of taste but that's due to a blocked nose and irritated throat so I'm not going to reapply.

I’ve ordered a test today. Had a high temperature all day that won’t break even with paracetamol. Last reading was 38.2. Banging headache. Slept for a good hour this afternoon. We will see 😖

I think I had it in February when there were only a handful of confirmed cases in the UK. I had the most awful sore throat but not like a normal sore throat, it was like the muscles in my neck and mouth were so sore it hurt to eat, talk and swallow. Headache, tiredness and a horrible cough. I lost my sense of taste for a few days. I was still able to function but definitely got tired more quickly. I actually went to the doctors as this was before it was all a big thing. I thought I had tonsillitis but I was told it was a virus...

I had a banging headache and just felt generally crappy! Over the next few days I developed a cough and sore throat! The cough was so annoying;!lasted for 5 weeks and felt as if it would never go away 🙄 no fever or change to my taste/smell tho

I thought I had tonsillitis but I was told it was a virus...
Tonsillitis is usually caused by a virus so you could still be right

I think loads of us have had it without it being confirmed but I know people who are so convinced they’ve had it they’re being reckless (not saying anyone here is) and think that’s really worrying.
One couple has done some dodgy online antibody test and thinks they’re untouchable 😖
I actually wish they’d put out info saying Unless it’s been confirmed you have to be vigilant & stay safe and you can still get it twice because people seem to think you can’t.

I had a positive test last month. I had no symptoms at the time of testing positive (tested at work, where we have weekly tests).
I had a few days of feeling tired with a headache. I had a day we’re I had slept for about 11 hours, but still felt groggy.

I had little appetite for around 10 days, but I can’t say that I felt ill. More tired than anything.

Reactions: 3
Be careful with the Otrivine. You shouldn't use it for more than a few days or so as it actually causes rebound congestion.
I was just about to write this!!! I ended up with a blocked nose for 4 years because of that stuff. Ended up having an op on my nose & im still not right now. Have steroid spray every night to help

I hope those who are having symptoms feel better soon and can't believe how many are suspected to have had it last year and early this year!

I haven't got any symptoms so far but at work I am wearing a face shield, surgical mask, apron and gloves as well as regularly sanitising my hands. I hope that will be enough to stop me getting it :(

Reactions: 4
I had it in March. Mine began with shortness of breath. I went to the doctor who referred me for a blood test to check my iron levels to see if that was cause, iron levels came back fine (this was pre-lockdown). Continued to struggle with shortness of breath, then a week or so later felt suddenly unbelievably tired and developed banging headache. The worst headache I’ve ever had. No pain worked. I couldn’t sleep it was so painful. Spent several days in bed unable to get up. Had a mild fever but not too bad. No cough at all. Very sore throat. As I began to feel better I then lost my sense of taste and smell completely for around 10 days. Still have chest pains now six months later. I wasn’t tested at the time as this was at the point when you couldn’t get a test unless you had been in direct contact with someone else who had tested positive. I have however had two antibody tests since and both were positive so it was definitely Covid.

Reactions: 4
I swear to god I had it in November last year, I have never been so so ill I had a bad throat, nose, no taste or smell, awful chest (sounded like a zip), no amount of sleep was enough, choking up clear slime, raging temp. It lasted a month with me and just after Christmas I remember my teeth smashing together in bed because my temp was sky high I was shaking cold but boiling - I pulled all my chest and neck through choking and I had to ring 111 several times. They told me to go to hospital but I have severe health anxiety so I didn’t. My family all had the same and actually two family members had to have chest x rays we were all so ill. - what makes me think it was that is because I’ve never fully recovered. I still have a very bad chest now, short of breath, use to bottle of otrivine a week because I’m still so congested. Always tired.. etc so if I didn’t have it and do catch it I will most probably cop it. Stay safe xx
Jesus Christ that sounds awful :( may I ask how old you are? Sorry if that’s nosy xx

Jesus Christ that sounds awful :( may I ask how old you are? Sorry if that’s nosy xx
So awful,honestly! I’m 31 😫. My mum had all the same and she’s 57 but she coped better than me
and my brother (hes 24 had a month off work in total) she was bad but not as bad as us.

It’s very scary atm because were in tier 3 and my brother is convinced he is immune now (after last year) he’s gone where he likes, done what he likes etc the whole way through all of this. Mask wearers annoy him he’s had big parties and stuff and he’s trying to encourage my mum to break the lockdown rules and go to his house this week because baby is coming home from hospital and if I say that’s not allowed they call me controlling and I’m trying to destroy their relationship 🥺. He’s literally got a list of people going but it’s “ok because only 2 people a day” I don’t know what to do because if I haven’t had it and get it I dread to think what will happen because I’m not even better from last year respiratory wise and I worry so much about the baby also 💔😑. I feel like locking myself in my bedroom with a kettle, my work stuff and the dogs and they can get on with it

• Sad
Reactions: 6
So awful,honestly! I’m 31 😫. My mum had all the same and she’s 57 but she coped better than me
and my brother (hes 24 had a month off work in total) she was bad but not as bad as us.

It’s very scary atm because were in tier 3 and my brother is convinced he is immune now (after last year) he’s gone where he likes, done what he likes etc the whole way through all of this. Mask wearers annoy him he’s had big parties and stuff and he’s trying to encourage my mum to break the lockdown rules and go to his house this week because baby is coming home from hospital and if I say that’s not allowed they call me controlling and I’m trying to destroy their relationship 🥺. He’s literally got a list of people going but it’s “ok because only 2 people a day” I don’t know what to do because if I haven’t had it and get it I dread to think what will happen because I’m not even better from last year respiratory wise and I worry so much about the baby also 💔😑. I feel like locking myself in my bedroom with a kettle, my work stuff and the dogs and they can get on with it
This is heartbreaking. :(
I've had covid twice. I know there have been many reports of others who've also had it twice. This virus bleeping wrecked me both times I got it.
So, your brother is wrong to think he's immune now when many of us have had reinfections, and you are in no way controlling or unreasonable in your view that the lockdown rules should not be broken.

I'm actually surprised he is against mask wearers and is having parties when he's experienced it himself! Sorry if that's harsh, it is shocking to me that anyone who has suffered from it would not want people to protect themselves to avoid them experiencing the same.

Some unsolicited advice: Please speak to your mum away from your brother and explain the risks to her calmly. Let her know many people are catching it more than once, and the second attack tends to be more severe than the first. It's not safe for anyone, especially since you have respiratory issues.

Best of luck!

Reactions: 5
I think I possibly had it back in March. Very mild, headache, sore throat, niggly annoying cough, slight wheeze but I also had diarrhoea that lasted for 2 weeks.

I tested positive last week. Ive has a persistent (albeit not too bad) cough, headache and I’ve completely lost my appetite.

My husband, on the other had, had it earlier in the year and ended up in hospital as he was struggling to breathe. He has a really high temperature and I’ve 2 weeks lost over 20lbs in weight. Luckily he didn’t need ICU and has made a full recovery.

Reactions: 3

I’d get a test if I were you! 🙏

Me - High Temperature, continuous cough, chest pains, very slight shortness of breath, headache that lasted days, change in taste, diarrhoea.

Fella - Headache, felt feverish, couldn’t stay awake, loss of taste and smell. He got better about two weeks ago and still can’t smell much and his taste is up the wall some things he can taste quite strongly, some he can’t taste at all.