If you had confirmed case of Covid, what were your symptoms?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Huge outbreak in the home I work at. EVERYONE has been wearing PPE but I feel like I will get it because almost every staff has caught it :( just wondering what was your symptoms and was it quite severe? A lot of staff have been saying they've got a very bad headache which seems like that's a common one. None of them have fever, cough or loss of smell/taste. They really need to reevaluate the NHS symptoms list!

Reactions: 1
Feeling generally run down
“Tickle” in the back of my throat which won’t go away when I clear it
Needing to sleep more (10 hours last night plus a nap during the day)

No fever, cough of loss of taste/smell

Reactions: 3
I swear to god I had it in November last year, I have never been so so ill I had a bad throat, nose, no taste or smell, awful chest (sounded like a zip), no amount of sleep was enough, choking up clear slime, raging temp. It lasted a month with me and just after Christmas I remember my teeth smashing together in bed because my temp was sky high I was shaking cold but boiling - I pulled all my chest and neck through choking and I had to ring 111 several times. They told me to go to hospital but I have severe health anxiety so I didn’t. My family all had the same and actually two family members had to have chest x rays we were all so ill. - what makes me think it was that is because I’ve never fully recovered. I still have a very bad chest now, short of breath, use to bottle of otrivine a week because I’m still so congested. Always tired.. etc so if I didn’t have it and do catch it I will most probably cop it. Stay safe xx

• Sad
Reactions: 15
I swear to god I had it in November last year, I have never been so so ill I had a bad throat, nose, no taste or smell, awful chest (sounded like a zip), no amount of sleep was enough, choking up clear slime, raging temp. It lasted a month with me and just after Christmas I remember my teeth smashing together in bed because my temp was sky high I was shaking cold but boiling - I pulled all my chest and neck through choking and I had to ring 111 several times. They told me to go to hospital but I have severe health anxiety so I didn’t. My family all had the same and actually two family members had to have chest x rays we were all so ill. - what makes me think it was that is because I’ve never fully recovered. I still have a very bad chest now, short of breath, use to bottle of otrivine a week because I’m still so congested. Always tired.. etc so if I didn’t have it and do catch it I will most probably cop it. Stay safe xx
Be careful with the Otrivine. You shouldn't use it for more than a few days or so as it actually causes rebound congestion.

Reactions: 7
My husband caught it through his job in June. He started with a really bad headache that no amount of pain/drinking of water would shift. He also became really restless and couldn't settle in bed. He then started with a very annoying tickly cough and fever.

Then he lost his sense of taste and smell for a few days but then they came back but almost like super strong and he couldn't eat because everything smelt/tasted too over powering.

He had it quite mild compared with others who have ended up in hospital but he was the most ill I have ever seen him in 12 years of us being together.

He had no energy and would go dizzy even just standing up to go to the bathroom. It took him over 2 weeks to go through all of that and then he needed another 2 weeks off work just to build his energy up again to do normal tasks!

But then he said other people in his job caught it and had maybe one or two symptoms but after isolating for 2 weeks they were absolutely fine 🤷🏻‍♀️ seems to affect everyone differently

Reactions: 4
my husband and i had that in november, and some of our neighbours. Husband went to the drs and they said it was a virus, but they didnt know what . He has a repeat prescription for chest infections and the antibiotics didnt clear it. Ours also lasted for a month. Luckily we both recovered well, and my husband has copd, so who knows ? we have always found it odd as they say it wasnt around then ?

Reactions: 9
my husband and i had that in november, and some of our neighbours. Husband went to the drs and they said it was a virus, but they didnt know what . He has a repeat prescription for chest infections and the antibiotics didnt clear it. Ours also lasted for a month. Luckily we both recovered well, and my husband has copd, so who knows ? we have always found it odd as they say it wasnt around then ?
Yes that’s exactly like we were like, I think the first confirmed case ended up being confirmed at the very beginning of January (I’d read feb at first)...so who knows 😫. My mum & brothers doctors said it was crazy the amount of ill people and our neighbours had the same also. My mum and bother has several rounds of prescriptions and my brother also had steroids too, nothing worked! Crazy isn’t it! I didn’t have anything because I won’t go to the doctors (I know I need to work on that ASAP) .

I must admit I am so scared for November incase I get whatever that was covid or not, again. It was the most horrendous time.I honestly used to go to sleep thinking I wouldn’t wake up

So happy to read you all got through it, whatever it was was scary times indeed

Be careful with the Otrivine. You shouldn't use it for more than a few days or so as it actually causes rebound congestion.
Thank you, 1 a week is good for me I used to use several a week, but I tend to use it in the night when I physically can’t breathe in, if I don’t I’ll have a panic attack so it’s like which do I prefer, I know it’s bad 😫. I’ve tried the other stuff like saline sprays but didn’t budge

• Heart
Yes that’s exactly like we were like, I think the first confirmed case ended up being confirmed at the very beginning of January (I’d read feb at first)...so who knows 😫. My mum & brothers doctors said it was crazy the amount of ill people and our neighbours had the same also. My mum and bother has several rounds of prescriptions and my brother also had steroids too, nothing worked! Crazy isn’t it! I didn’t have anything because I won’t go to the doctors (I know I need to work on that ASAP) .

I must admit I am so scared for November incase I get whatever that was covid or not, again. It was the most horrendous time.I honestly used to go to sleep thinking I wouldn’t wake up

Thank you, 1 a week is good for me I used to use several all day but I tend to use it in the night when I physically get inhale, if I don’t I’ll have a panic attack so it’s like which do I prefer, I know it’s bad 😫. I’ve tried the other stuff like saline sprays but didn’t budge

Thank you, 1 a week is good for me I used to use several a week, but I tend to use it in the night when I physically can’t breathe in, if I don’t I’ll have a panic attack so it’s like which do I prefer, I know it’s bad 😫. I’ve tried the other stuff like saline sprays but didn’t budge
I was feeling breathless of a bedtime, but because i hadnt heard of covid then, i was telling myself it was just an chest infection and i would get better. I remember i was trying to walk to the shops 3 weeks later for my husbands birthday and i couldnt make it and had to just get a card from the corner shop, which i thought was strange. we have had loads of chest infections, but at the time we kept saying , there was something strange about this one, it just felt different somehow. Then obviously we heard about covid and thought straight away , could it have been that, even though we are officially told no. At the time all you could hear around here was the neighbours coughing, and an older couple in their seventies had the same symptoms all through christmas, they also think it could have been covid. They also made a complete recovery with no medical help. Also around the same time my husbands workmate suddenly developed pneumonia out of the blue, he also recovered at home, but needed 3 rounds of antibiotics. I dont know if you have heard of derek acorah, he was a medium from most haunted, he suddenly died last christmas from a flu type illness, his wife now thinks that was covid, although officially they said sepsis. Im sorry you are still feeling side effects, we havent had anything lingering although we were tired for a month. Try not to worry about getting it again, because back then we hadnt heard of it, and we werent taking any precautions. I think my husband probably picked it up from his darts at the local pub. Just be careful which im sure you are, and hopefully you will be safe this time, and there is still no definite evidence on antibodies yet. My husband has had a pneumonia and flu jab, so at least we will know the difference. Take care i hope you feel fully better soon, try not to be too scared, i know its hard x just to add to try and reassure you , like i said my husband has copd and he is fine now x

This thread has come at a good time for me so thank you!

This week I have felt so tired with headaches every day. Then today I’ve had the start of a horrible feeling in my throat, like when your glands swell up but quite mild so far. Just a nagging thing really.

What’s been everyone’s timescales between the lethargic feeling/headaches to getting the actual “symptoms” (if any) like a cough/loss of taste or smell? At what point did people get a test - at the start of those actual symptoms?

This thread has come at a good time for me so thank you!

This week I have felt so tired with headaches every day. Then today I’ve had the start of a horrible feeling in my throat, like when your glands swell up but quite mild so far. Just a nagging thing really.

What’s been everyone’s timescales between the lethargic feeling/headaches to getting the actual “symptoms” (if any) like a cough/loss of taste or smell? At what point did people get a test - at the start of those actual symptoms?
My husband reckons he caught it on a Tuesday, got the headache and restlessness on the Saturday and Sunday night/Monday morning came down with the fever and no smell and taste. Got a test Monday morning, positive results on the Tuesday. Hope this helps x

My husband reckons he caught it on a Tuesday, got the headache and restlessness on the Saturday and Sunday night/Monday morning came down with the fever and no smell and taste. Got a test Monday morning, positive results on the Tuesday. Hope this helps x
Thank you.

I saw my sister at the weekend and she’s since found out that her flat mate has tested positive so of course we are both paranoid 😂

She has already taken a test after being instructed to do so, so chances are if it comes back negative it’ll be the same with me. Of course I’ll get a test if anything more develops. It’s tricky though because you don’t want to take a test for no reason but at the same time there comes a time when you really should do!

I’ll wait to see what happens with her.

Reactions: 2
I had it in March. I had chills, then woke up in the night with a high temp. I had horrendous headaches, sore painful eyes. Fatigue. Loss of taste, smell, appetite. I was living on paracetamol and ibrupofen. Then there was all the scaremongering that ibrupofen made COVID worse?!
It lingered for 2 weeks total. The headaches/ fever lifted but I would feel dizzy and I fainted too.

I didn’t have a cough or shortness of breath

My boyfriend is positive at the minute. He was achey all over a week back. Lost his sense of smell. And had really bad night sweats which meant he had a temperature. He’s got asthma and having to use his inhaler a lot more but doesn’t really have a cough. X

One of my friends and her husband both tested positive a few weeks ago but didn’t have any of the 3 common symptoms. Just felt achey, had a headache and felt really tired

I had a temperature of 40 for 6 days, barely left my bed, just felt awful. No cough or chest issues. My partner however had really bad chest pain, trouble breathing most of the time and an awful cough. He’s months on from it now and still can’t smell and taste and is exhausted most days

My dad was bad last November, he had a bit of a cough and cold and was going to the canary Islands for a well earned week away. While over there he ended up going to the doctors there (my dad is a typical man only goes the doctor if really bad) said chest infection gave him anti biotics. In the few days that followed my dad couldn't even get out of bed. High temperature, constant cough, no energy. He couldn't even walk to the bar over the road (and my dad would never miss going the bar especially on holiday!) anyway back home the doctors gave him 3 lots of anti biotics before it mostly cleared up. He had a covid test through work in June negative. He had a antibody test in about August. Positive for anti body's. He hasn't been poorly since November.
I've also heard from a few friends who work in hospitals. Over November December last year there was a exceptionally high number of "pneumonia deaths" my nan and partners nan included. Makes you wonder.
I honestly think it's been around and in the country alot longer than has been officially reported!!

Reactions: 19
My dad was bad last November, he had a bit of a cough and cold and was going to the canary Islands for a well earned week away. While over there he ended up going to the doctors there (my dad is a typical man only goes the doctor if really bad) said chest infection gave him anti biotics. In the few days that followed my dad couldn't even get out of bed. High temperature, constant cough, no energy. He couldn't even walk to the bar over the road (and my dad would never miss going the bar especially on holiday!) anyway back home the doctors gave him 3 lots of anti biotics before it mostly cleared up. He had a covid test through work in June negative. He had a antibody test in about August. Positive for anti body's. He hasn't been poorly since November.
I've also heard from a few friends who work in hospitals. Over November December last year there was a exceptionally high number of "pneumonia deaths" my nan and partners nan included. Makes you wonder.
I honestly think it's been around and in the country alot longer than has been officially reported!!
wow, its looking more and more likely that we had it in november, i mean your dad couldnt have antibodies otherwise could he? Thats really interesting because its proof not just thinking that we had it. Im glad hes all better now. Whats peculiar though is because the dr didnt know what it was, my husband was told he was ok to work and he didnt pass it on, also i had my dad round a lot and didnt pass it on. Its all so weird isnt it ? thanks for replying though , thats most interesting. also your dads antibodies have lasted quite a long time havent they, i keep hearing different reports about that. sorry about you and your partners nan x

• Heart
I swear I had in in Jan with the loss of smell and taste, fever, relentless cough, absolutely aching muscles but of course at that time we didn’t know about it and I went work and had to go have coughing fits in the toilets but so did all my colleagues. It lingered on for weeks but I just powered through it but that’s the thing, you were expected to get on with things pre-COVID. Whether that was ‘rona or not or some other virus, who knows. Luckily I’ve been able to work from home for the last 7 months so hopefully my exposure will be minimal. One thing I have noticed from working from home is that i haven’t had my annual October cold that i would usually get from working in an office. You could guarantee getting it as soon as the weather changed and heating came on etc. Best wishes to all currently suffering with it ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Thank you.

I saw my sister at the weekend and she’s since found out that her flat mate has tested positive so of course we are both paranoid 😂

She has already taken a test after being instructed to do so, so chances are if it comes back negative it’ll be the same with me. Of course I’ll get a test if anything more develops. It’s tricky though because you don’t want to take a test for no reason but at the same time there comes a time when you really should do!

I’ll wait to see what happens with her.
Quoting myself to show what I’d posted yesterday. My sister’s test has come back negative.

But since Wed I’ve had bad headaches, then Thu and Fri lack of energy and so tired. Friday morning started with a nagging feeling in my throat, then this morning I’ve eaten and can taste fine but it feels like cold at the back of my throat.

Would you get a test based on this? Wait it out a bit longer? I’m sick of second guessing and not knowing if I’m doing the right thing!

I swear I had in in Jan with the loss of smell and taste, fever, relentless cough, absolutely aching muscles but of course at that time we didn’t know about it and I went work and had to go have coughing fits in the toilets but so did all my colleagues. It lingered on for weeks but I just powered through it but that’s the thing, you were expected to get on with things pre-COVID. Whether that was ‘rona or not or some other virus, who knows. Luckily I’ve been able to work from home for the last 7 months so hopefully my exposure will be minimal. One thing I have noticed from working from home is that i haven’t had my annual October cold that i would usually get from working in an office. You could guarantee getting it as soon as the weather changed and heating came on etc. Best wishes to all currently suffering with it ❤
If we had those symptoms again now, we would be terrified ,where before we just got on with it. There was no frightening media coverage. I believe if we knew then what we know now, it could have hampered our recovery.

Reactions: 7