Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lillypot221

my husband and i had that in november, and some of our neighbours. Husband went to the drs and they said it was a virus, but they didnt know what . He has a repeat prescription for chest infections and the antibiotics didnt clear it. Ours also lasted for a month. Luckily we both recovered well, and my husband has copd, so who knows ? we have always found it odd as they say it wasnt around then ?
My dad was bad last November, he had a bit of a cough and cold and was going to the canary Islands for a well earned week away. While over there he ended up going to the doctors there (my dad is a typical man only goes the doctor if really bad) said chest infection gave him anti biotics. In the few days that followed my dad couldn't even get out of bed. High temperature, constant cough, no energy. He couldn't even walk to the bar over the road (and my dad would never miss going the bar especially on holiday!) anyway back home the doctors gave him 3 lots of anti biotics before it mostly cleared up. He had a covid test through work in June negative. He had a antibody test in about August. Positive for anti body's. He hasn't been poorly since November.
I've also heard from a few friends who work in hospitals. Over November December last year there was a exceptionally high number of "pneumonia deaths" my nan and partners nan included. Makes you wonder.
I honestly think it's been around and in the country alot longer than has been officially reported!!

Reactions: 19

ItsEmmie

I swear to god I had it in November last year, I have never been so so ill I had a bad throat, nose, no taste or smell, awful chest (sounded like a zip), no amount of sleep was enough, choking up clear slime, raging temp. It lasted a month with me and just after Christmas I remember my teeth smashing together in bed because my temp was sky high I was shaking cold but boiling - I pulled all my chest and neck through choking and I had to ring 111 several times. They told me to go to hospital but I have severe health anxiety so I didn’t. My family all had the same and actually two family members had to have chest x rays we were all so ill. - what makes me think it was that is because I’ve never fully recovered. I still have a very bad chest now, short of breath, use to bottle of otrivine a week because I’m still so congested. Always tired.. etc so if I didn’t have it and do catch it I will most probably cop it. Stay safe xx

• Sad
Reactions: 15

Affiliatedlink

Chatty Member
Let’s face it ... any symptoms of any illness and its now Covid! It’s weird how it seems Flu no longer exists..it’s Covid, colds no longer exists, a runny nose and a few sneezes..it’s Covid. You’ve got the shits..it’s not that super spicy curry where the chicken tasted a bit funny... you’ve got Covid!

Reactions: 10

iloveanimals

Chatty Member
I swear to god I had it in November last year, I have never been so so ill I had a bad throat, nose, no taste or smell, awful chest (sounded like a zip), no amount of sleep was enough, choking up clear slime, raging temp. It lasted a month with me and just after Christmas I remember my teeth smashing together in bed because my temp was sky high I was shaking cold but boiling - I pulled all my chest and neck through choking and I had to ring 111 several times. They told me to go to hospital but I have severe health anxiety so I didn’t. My family all had the same and actually two family members had to have chest x rays we were all so ill. - what makes me think it was that is because I’ve never fully recovered. I still have a very bad chest now, short of breath, use to bottle of otrivine a week because I’m still so congested. Always tired.. etc so if I didn’t have it and do catch it I will most probably cop it. Stay safe xx
my husband and i had that in november, and some of our neighbours. Husband went to the drs and they said it was a virus, but they didnt know what . He has a repeat prescription for chest infections and the antibiotics didnt clear it. Ours also lasted for a month. Luckily we both recovered well, and my husband has copd, so who knows ? we have always found it odd as they say it wasnt around then ?

Reactions: 9

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Be careful with the Otrivine. You shouldn't use it for more than a few days or so as it actually causes rebound congestion.

Reactions: 7

iloveanimals

Chatty Member
I swear I had in in Jan with the loss of smell and taste, fever, relentless cough, absolutely aching muscles but of course at that time we didn’t know about it and I went work and had to go have coughing fits in the toilets but so did all my colleagues. It lingered on for weeks but I just powered through it but that’s the thing, you were expected to get on with things pre-COVID. Whether that was ‘rona or not or some other virus, who knows. Luckily I’ve been able to work from home for the last 7 months so hopefully my exposure will be minimal. One thing I have noticed from working from home is that i haven’t had my annual October cold that i would usually get from working in an office. You could guarantee getting it as soon as the weather changed and heating came on etc. Best wishes to all currently suffering with it ❤
If we had those symptoms again now, we would be terrified ,where before we just got on with it. There was no frightening media coverage. I believe if we knew then what we know now, it could have hampered our recovery.

Reactions: 7

ChampagneBox

VIP Member
I personally do believe it’s been around a lot longer than we think, there an interesting bit in the article below about how if you already have a virus, you can’t get another virus at the same time, something like pathogen competition, might explain how it was here last year but cases weren’t so high we knew there was a problem before January?

Reactions: 6

ItsEmmie

Jesus Christ that sounds awful :( may I ask how old you are? Sorry if that’s nosy xx
So awful,honestly! I’m 31 😫. My mum had all the same and she’s 57 but she coped better than me
and my brother (hes 24 had a month off work in total) she was bad but not as bad as us.

It’s very scary atm because were in tier 3 and my brother is convinced he is immune now (after last year) he’s gone where he likes, done what he likes etc the whole way through all of this. Mask wearers annoy him he’s had big parties and stuff and he’s trying to encourage my mum to break the lockdown rules and go to his house this week because baby is coming home from hospital and if I say that’s not allowed they call me controlling and I’m trying to destroy their relationship 🥺. He’s literally got a list of people going but it’s “ok because only 2 people a day” I don’t know what to do because if I haven’t had it and get it I dread to think what will happen because I’m not even better from last year respiratory wise and I worry so much about the baby also 💔😑. I feel like locking myself in my bedroom with a kettle, my work stuff and the dogs and they can get on with it

• Sad

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
Let’s face it ... any symptoms of any illness and its now Covid! It’s weird how it seems Flu no longer exists..it’s Covid, colds no longer exists, a runny nose and a few sneezes..it’s Covid. You’ve got the shits..it’s not that super spicy curry where the chicken tasted a bit funny... you’ve got Covid!
This literally isn’t true though. If you have the shits from a curry and get tested for Covid you probably don’t have Covid. Because of my job I have to get tested every time I feel under the weather and guess what - it’s never Covid. Flu and colds have decreased because no one is going anywhere or mixing with others. Everything is sanitised all the damn time. 🤦‍♀️

emmer_moans

VIP Member
I swear I had in in Jan with the loss of smell and taste, fever, relentless cough, absolutely aching muscles but of course at that time we didn’t know about it and I went work and had to go have coughing fits in the toilets but so did all my colleagues. It lingered on for weeks but I just powered through it but that’s the thing, you were expected to get on with things pre-COVID. Whether that was ‘rona or not or some other virus, who knows. Luckily I’ve been able to work from home for the last 7 months so hopefully my exposure will be minimal. One thing I have noticed from working from home is that i haven’t had my annual October cold that i would usually get from working in an office. You could guarantee getting it as soon as the weather changed and heating came on etc. Best wishes to all currently suffering with it ❤

• Heart

nbt

VIP Member
Just had my negative result come through. Some other kind of virus then! I’m surprised actually as so many symptoms have matched what others have said here.

• Heart
Reactions: 5

lime

Week 1 (2 days after positive test):
Felt like a mild cold, sniffles, a slight cough

Week 2:
Full blown flu-like symptoms. Stayed on the sofa for a week eating soup and drinking Lemsip. Sense of smell and taste completely gone.

Week 3:
No longer able to sit and watch TV. Bed bound, nausea, chills, fatigued, can't sit up, can't get up to get a drink, skin feel sore/sensitive, eyes are dryer than a desert, constant sneezing and I mean CONSTANT. Wheezing, but able to breathe. This part lasted about 3-4 days.

4 months later:
Sense of smell and taste is still not right. Certain things don't smell how they are supposed to, and some things are heightened and smell horrible. Constantly taking painkillers for headaches. Feel like it's had a massive affect on my nervous system. Sneezing that many times a day alone probably completely fucks you up.

• Wow
  • Sad

2xblended

VIP Member
So awful,honestly! I’m 31 😫. My mum had all the same and she’s 57 but she coped better than me
and my brother (hes 24 had a month off work in total) she was bad but not as bad as us.

It’s very scary atm because were in tier 3 and my brother is convinced he is immune now (after last year) he’s gone where he likes, done what he likes etc the whole way through all of this. Mask wearers annoy him he’s had big parties and stuff and he’s trying to encourage my mum to break the lockdown rules and go to his house this week because baby is coming home from hospital and if I say that’s not allowed they call me controlling and I’m trying to destroy their relationship 🥺. He’s literally got a list of people going but it’s “ok because only 2 people a day” I don’t know what to do because if I haven’t had it and get it I dread to think what will happen because I’m not even better from last year respiratory wise and I worry so much about the baby also 💔😑. I feel like locking myself in my bedroom with a kettle, my work stuff and the dogs and they can get on with it
This is heartbreaking. :(
I've had covid twice. I know there have been many reports of others who've also had it twice. This virus fucking wrecked me both times I got it.
So, your brother is wrong to think he's immune now when many of us have had reinfections, and you are in no way controlling or unreasonable in your view that the lockdown rules should not be broken.

I'm actually surprised he is against mask wearers and is having parties when he's experienced it himself! Sorry if that's harsh, it is shocking to me that anyone who has suffered from it would not want people to protect themselves to avoid them experiencing the same.

Some unsolicited advice: Please speak to your mum away from your brother and explain the risks to her calmly. Let her know many people are catching it more than once, and the second attack tends to be more severe than the first. It's not safe for anyone, especially since you have respiratory issues.

Best of luck!

Felt like I had a “fireball” in my chest when I inhaled not even deeply, when I coughed I couldn’t get this fireball up which was horrid, so so soooo tired, flu-like groggy feeling, loss of taste and smell (still not come back and this was in bloody April !) and high temp. My boyfriend had no symptoms other than the shivers one evening and felt like shit, my toddler came out in a standard toddler-like virus with a high temp, rash etc and my newborn had no symptoms whatsoever other than perhaps being a bit off colour. We all had it as my Uncle was hospitalised and tested positive and we’d seen him for my grandads funeral and surrounding days just before lockdown.

Last edited:
  • Heart

justhavinganosie

Chatty Member
I hope those who are having symptoms feel better soon and can't believe how many are suspected to have had it last year and early this year!

I haven't got any symptoms so far but at work I am wearing a face shield, surgical mask, apron and gloves as well as regularly sanitising my hands. I hope that will be enough to stop me getting it :(

Reactions: 4

Babybee1

I had it in March. Mine began with shortness of breath. I went to the doctor who referred me for a blood test to check my iron levels to see if that was cause, iron levels came back fine (this was pre-lockdown). Continued to struggle with shortness of breath, then a week or so later felt suddenly unbelievably tired and developed banging headache. The worst headache I’ve ever had. No painkillers worked. I couldn’t sleep it was so painful. Spent several days in bed unable to get up. Had a mild fever but not too bad. No cough at all. Very sore throat. As I began to feel better I then lost my sense of taste and smell completely for around 10 days. Still have chest pains now six months later. I wasn’t tested at the time as this was at the point when you couldn’t get a test unless you had been in direct contact with someone else who had tested positive. I have however had two antibody tests since and both were positive so it was definitely Covid.

GlennCoco

VIP Member
My husband caught it through his job in June. He started with a really bad headache that no amount of painkillers/drinking of water would shift. He also became really restless and couldn't settle in bed. He then started with a very annoying tickly cough and fever.

Then he lost his sense of taste and smell for a few days but then they came back but almost like super strong and he couldn't eat because everything smelt/tasted too over powering.

He had it quite mild compared with others who have ended up in hospital but he was the most ill I have ever seen him in 12 years of us being together.

He had no energy and would go dizzy even just standing up to go to the bathroom. It took him over 2 weeks to go through all of that and then he needed another 2 weeks off work just to build his energy up again to do normal tasks!

But then he said other people in his job caught it and had maybe one or two symptoms but after isolating for 2 weeks they were absolutely fine 🤷🏻‍♀️ seems to affect everyone differently

aimzalicious

VIP Member
This is a weird question did any of you have anxiety as a symptom?
A few days ago I would've said no, but now I'm super paranoid and worried I've upset one of my best friends by getting Covid and now they've tested positive today and I feel dreadful in case I was the one who has given it to them. My anxious mind has convinced itself that they blame me and I'm not going to get invited to anything ever again. Ridiculous I know! I'm going to finally speak to her about it tomorrow because I miss talking to her every day.

Has anyone else's friends gone a bit cold towards them after testing positive?

Last edited:
  • Sad