Icovetthee - Alix Coburn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
HaaahaaahaaađŸ€ŁđŸ€ŁđŸ€Ł one day passed, ONE DAY and she's already posting affiliate links😅 she is soooooo predictable it hurts (from laughing)đŸ€Ș

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
Because the world doesn't stop because of a socio-political movement happening in the US, just like presumably you haven't stopped going to work when there are women imprisoned in Iran for standing up to misogynist policies, or are being sterilised in China due to their religion, or are going hungry in the UK due to austerity policies? Would you have been satisfied with her posting a black box on instagram or repeating something cliche and insincere on a youtube video? Bills do still need to be paid, you can question the ethics of being involved in an industry that preaches consumerism, but calling her out for basically not being "performative" when so many UK influencers who posted their "thoughts and prayers" were criticised is a bit much. And yes, the different countries of the UK have their own issues with policing and discrimination, not just based on race, do you care, do you think seeing a wealthy youtuber miles away saying something trite actually makes a difference?
Because the entire discussion about her is centered around her convenient absence, and I’m juxtaposing it to convenience based presence. I think some of the speculations about her pregnancy and dogs death are downright horrible. Yeah it sucks that she is sporadic with her presence and doesn’t take her job that seriously even though it’s not that hard. That said, empty performative activism should be called out. That doesn’t mean she’s cancelled just that she should be held accountable.

Reactions: 5
HaaahaaahaaađŸ€ŁđŸ€ŁđŸ€Ł one day passed, ONE DAY and she's already posting affiliate links😅 she is soooooo predictable it hurts (from laughing)đŸ€Ș
Surprise, surprise. I’m a bit embarrassed for her....
Was doing these AL a key task for her ‘first day back at work’?

Also, why does she even need a suit? I get it’s a trend, but she doesn’t work outside the home and doesn’t go anywhere.
Also, why does she even need a suit? I get it’s a trend, but she doesn’t work outside the home and doesn’t go anywhere.

Reactions: 6
They are being performative with anything they post online to some extend. And whether someone is donating to blm, amnesty or whatever else is their own personal choice, no need to post about it. I think posting once and not mentioning again is just as bad as black squares and soppy captionsđŸ€” also not bothering to put out an opinion on a serious subject, because they're afraid of criticism is just silly. There will always be criticism so whatđŸ€·â€â™€ïž if it's valid, learn from it, if it's sh*t - ignore and move on.
So what are they supposed to do? You've listed every response there is and said it's not good enough!

Reactions: 5
So what are they supposed to do? You've listed every response there is and said it's not good enough!
They can do whatever they want and be ready that other people will have opinions about what they do and what they post. Personally I think her support when the whole BLM blew up was fake and calculated for views and sympathy. And why do I think that? Because majority of what she does seems to be only a trend to her. Great example - sustainable fashion, she jumped on a bandwagon for a hot minute and went right back to consuming tones of crap quality items... but then again - it's just an opinionđŸ€Ș

Reactions: 4
They can do whatever they want and be ready that other people will have opinions about what they do and what they post. Personally I think her support when the whole BLM blew up was fake and calculated for views and sympathy. And why do I think that? Because majority of what she does seems to be only a trend to her. Great example - sustainable fashion, she jumped on a bandwagon for a hot minute and went right back to consuming tones of crap quality items... but then again - it's just an opinionđŸ€Ș
I don't think there I a day when influencers aren't consuming tbh! they are salea people, as try as they might to be content creators if the only content being created is advertising then they are just living ads.

I'd like it to have seen a solid months review of the pelaton how easy it was, how to stay motivated (well I dropped two grand, couldn'twork out how to include it in my expenses so I HAD to use it a lot!) , finish times at the beginning of the month versus the end, blood pressure readings, resting heart rate, sleep pattern, mood, what I ate and how that changed for instance more tofu / beans for energy etc. that could have been a cool video, she could even aff link the bike, app, and all the other stuff like the tofu, her duvet cover, leggings and on and on.

Reactions: 2
Not to forget, wide-legged pants (that look horrible on her) and cApSuLe WaRdRoBeS lol

Reactions: 3
Surprise, surprise. I’m a bit embarrassed for her....
Was doing these AL a key task for her ‘first day back at work’?

I'm self employed and have been working from home for about two years... I have to say, I always tend to be more productive when I dress "up" (i.e. actually wear proper clothes rather than lounge wear) so it could be what she's trying to achieve... except her being "back at work" probably just means ordering clothes on Asos for her next sustainable beige spring capsule wardrobe and talking about how many books she hasn't read because she needed a break... Can you tell I'm a bit bitter about actually having to work hard to make money? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I had a look at her Instagram yesterday, its weird how she doesn't engage in the comments AT ALL. Not one like or comment back and its not like she gets that many comments. Tons of swipe ups though đŸ€·â€â™€ïž

• Angry
Reactions: 17
I'm self employed and have been working from home for about two years... I have to say, I always tend to be more productive when I dress "up" (i.e. actually wear proper clothes rather than lounge wear) so it could be what she's trying to achieve... except her being "back at work" probably just means ordering clothes on Asos for her next sustainable beige spring capsule wardrobe and talking about how many books she hasn't read because she needed a break... Can you tell I'm a bit bitter about actually having to work hard to make money? :ROFLMAO:
Totally - I WFH for 18 months (regardless of pandemic) and started out wearing office clothes, swore I’d never wear jeans and ended up in leggings and a nice top everyday 😂😂

• Haha
Update video:
She had a “breakdown” when Christmas was cancelled, she said she found it hard as she has happy memories around Christmas for her and her small family, was getting upset in the video
She tested positive for covid 2 days before Christmas. (Doing a series of tests before they were going to her family for Christmas, didn’t say if this was privately paid for) she felt scared and overwhelmed, she was very upset she got covid from sticking to the rules, mentioned people on Instagram that people on their closed friends lists they were having parties
She acts surprised like supermarkets weren’t the most common place to get covid.....
The second week - so Christmas she got progressively worse, lost her taste and smell. A month for it to come back
Would explain why she hasn’t been that frequently on the peloton (because she’ll still be recovering)
Her tree was up untill feb as she didn’t have the effort, she keeps saying me and mine
Waiting for her to say joe has left her because otherwise why couldn’t he have done it?
Says she struggled with YouTube; didn’t know who she was and lost her confidence, got guarded as she was “in the worst part of her life”
Now given herself a routine - so is time blocking
New year new me = starting a fresh and why she dyed her hair

• Wow
Reactions: 22
Update video:
She had a “breakdown” when Christmas was cancelled, she said she found it hard as she has happy memories around Christmas for her and her small family, was getting upset in the video
She tested positive for covid 2 days before Christmas. (Doing a series of tests before they were going to her family for Christmas, didn’t say if this was privately paid for) she felt scared and overwhelmed, she was very upset she got covid from sticking to the rules, mentioned people on Instagram that people on their closed friends lists they were having parties
She acts surprised like supermarkets weren’t the most common place to get covid.....
The second week - so Christmas she got progressively worse, lost her taste and smell. A month for it to come back
Would explain why she hasn’t been that frequently on the peloton (because she’ll still be recovering)
Her tree was up untill feb as she didn’t have the effort, she keeps saying me and mine
Waiting for her to say joe has left her because otherwise why couldn’t he have done it?
Says she struggled with YouTube; didn’t know who she was and lost her confidence, got guarded as she was “in the worst part of her life”

I was just going to ask if theyd broken up as why could he not take the tree down!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I kind of hope she would take a part time job. I think it would do wonders for her mentally, meeting new people, having projects to work on and the structure that she seems to be craving.

Reactions: 12
Imagine just deciding January and February are “cancelled” and not starting the new year (and returning to work) till March. It’s pretty embarrassing she’s even saying that out loud in my opinion.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Update video:
The Peleton thing is interesting because she categorically states that she couldn’t even get up, or barely go for a walk ... hmmm

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.