Icovetthee - Alix Coburn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That, or it’s people who forgot that they followed her, and when she suddenly appeared in their feed decided that they were not interested in her anymore.
I think it’s more than this, as she has been posting here and there since January, she hasn’t been totally silent so she has been appearing in people’s feeds. She was losing 20-50 a day before so I’d say she has to have pissed people off somehow to have lost over 500 today.

Reactions: 7
Here you go!
thanks! After seeing this I completely agree with you about it not being fair to say she barely uses it. Apart from the last week she’s been doing approx. 3 sessions a week (if im reading it right!) - not exactly nothing! If someone told me they go to the gym three times a week I’d think that’s a good effort

Reactions: 11
You can see her profile and she barely uses it
Maybe she’s on the Snoozie diet - missing meals, eating disorder, stress, coffee, no exercise

I’m probably just jealous because I did a ride everyday in February (+strength sessions most days) and have lost 0 noticeable weight 😂

Last edited:
  • Wow
she has such a soothing voice.
don't like the crazy cartoon eyebrows, but a box dye and a DIY haircut, makes me wonder if she needs to bother going to a hairdresser again, her hair looked pretty decent!

Reactions: 4
Hallo, i am new here.

I agree - she is so inconsistent, and when she is back or chooses to come back, discuss her MH, and lack of motivation, uploads for a while, then disappear again.
each time she reappears, she goes thru a stylish phase/ makeover.

I am guessing she felt lousy after the lockdown news back in Dec - then she decided to MIA, perhaps lost some weight, gain more confidence - so decided to reappear.
I dun get how the lockdown makes a differences to her lifestyle - she is always home anyway, doing HOME DIY, working from home, choosing to be home..... she isnt one of those influencers who goes on trips or attend countless events. The most she did was to bring her dog out, or go for the somtimes run or her spin classes.

Her voice is soothing so i like to play her videos in the background... but i often have my wtf moments with her logic and dubious unflattering choice of clothing (that beige white phases of awkward crop sweater, jogger pants, omgosh....... she is a total basic b fashion victim and squeezing herself into clothes that dun fit her... )

Reactions: 9
Hallo, i am new here.

I agree - she is so inconsistent, and when she is back or chooses to come back, discuss her MH, and lack of motivation, uploads for a while, then disappear again.
each time she reappears, she goes thru a stylish phase/ makeover.

I am guessing she felt lousy after the lockdown news back in Dec - then she decided to MIA, perhaps lost some weight, gain more confidence - so decided to reappear.
I dun get how the lockdown makes a differences to her lifestyle - she is always home anyway, doing HOME DIY, working from home, choosing to be home..... she isnt one of those influencers who goes on trips or attend countless events. The most she did was to bring her dog out, or go for the somtimes run or her spin classes.

Her voice is soothing so i like to play her videos in the background... but i often have my wtf moments with her logic and dubious unflattering choice of clothing (that beige white phases of awkward crop sweater, jogger pants, omgosh....... she is a total basic b fashion victim and squeezing herself into clothes that dun fit her... )
That’s why she’ll have gone awol Jan/Feb she needed to lose weight I feel her shopping style had still been influenced by the time a year ago when she lost enough weight to be an easy 12 she didn’t adjust her style as the weight went back on she just began to look at bit crap. These last months she’ll have lost a few lbs and bought a couple of more flattering outfits to feel more confident for her “comeback”

Reactions: 6
08CD5F34-F667-484A-AC5D-C9FED47A5390.jpeg
This has been posted on someone else’s thread - I wonder if Alix has received a similar email and this is the real reason she’s back....?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
The Youtube partner programme is the most likely reason why she's suddenly back "updating" us on how basic and bland she really is🤭🤭🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Honestly, I used to love her until a moment last year during #BLM when she got called out for posting a "favorites" video during peak #BLM. I am a woman of color, and it was hurtful because she has no problem being gone for months when her own "mental health" is jeopardized but when an entire community is hurting, she was ethically fine with posting content in the name of "having bills to pay". The way she handled her criticism (basically letting her mostly white fans defend her for doing the bare minimum and responding with "my mental health doesn't need to be brought into this") was so unscrupulous. She even archived the post so I don't have screenshots anymore.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Honestly, I used to love her until a moment last year during #BLM when she got called out for posting a "favorites" video during peak #BLM. I am a woman of color, and it was hurtful because she has no problem being gone for months when her own "mental health" is jeopardized but when an entire community is hurting, she was ethically fine with posting content in the name of "having bills to pay". The way she handled her criticism (basically letting her mostly white fans defend her for doing the bare minimum and responding with "my mental health doesn't need to be brought into this") was so unscrupulous. She even archived the post so I don't have screenshots anymore.
Because the world doesn't stop because of a socio-political movement happening in the US, just like presumably you haven't stopped going to work when there are women imprisoned in Iran for standing up to misogynist policies, or are being sterilised in China due to their religion, or are going hungry in the UK due to austerity policies? Would you have been satisfied with her posting a black box on instagram or repeating something cliche and insincere on a youtube video? Bills do still need to be paid, you can question the ethics of being involved in an industry that preaches consumerism, but calling her out for basically not being "performative" when so many UK influencers who posted their "thoughts and prayers" were criticised is a bit much. And yes, the different countries of the UK have their own issues with policing and discrimination, not just based on race, do you care, do you think seeing a wealthy youtuber miles away saying something trite actually makes a difference?

Reactions: 29
Here you go!
Kind of ticks me off a bit - all these influencers with their pelaton bandwagon. All of them have already stopped using it or are quickly dropping off in their usage, showing how much of a trend it was for them to get it. I would LOVE to have enough money to be able to get something like this, or even just a decent treadmill.

Reactions: 6
she has such a soothing voice.
don't like the crazy cartoon eyebrows, but a box dye and a DIY haircut, makes me wonder if she needs to bother going to a hairdresser again, her hair looked pretty decent!
On this note, you would have thought this time period would have taught influencers that they don't *need* to have someone else do their eyebrows, nails, hair every month and pick up these skills themselves. It's not like most of these big youtubers started out wealthy or getting gifted everything so they must have done it at one point. Yet AnnaEdit is always going on about not touching her eyebrows and waiting until she can see her brow lady etc. Emma Hill did a video on gel nails at home a while back, and whilst it's questionable in terms of health and sustainability, it's at least showing a new skill and that you don't need to spend a fortune. I also wonder how skincare treatments, hair etc businesses will they just go back to giving influencers everything for free, despite everything that has happened with their businesses having to shut? Her hair looks nice, she could have created content from showing how to do a chop & colour at home, just like Lily could do content about getting her curls back through the "curly girl" method at home... instead of whatever that private consultation was!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Because the world doesn't stop because of a socio-political movement happening in the US, just like presumably you haven't stopped going to work when there are women imprisoned in Iran for standing up to misogynist policies, or are being sterilised in China due to their religion, or are going hungry in the UK due to austerity policies? Would you have been satisfied with her posting a black box on instagram or repeating something cliche and insincere on a youtube video? Bills do still need to be paid, you can question the ethics of being involved in an industry that preaches consumerism, but calling her out for basically not being "performative" when so many UK influencers who posted their "thoughts and prayers" were criticised is a bit much. And yes, the different countries of the UK have their own issues with policing and discrimination, not just based on race, do you care, do you think seeing a wealthy youtuber miles away saying something trite actually makes a difference?
I just wanted to add here that imho she was being performative when she bought a body oil and a candle from black owned brand Liha... never mentioned it again, never posted about the products in depth, silence. Also at the peak of BLM she reviewed two books written by black authors and then again complete silence on the whole subject. It just felt like hopping on the bandwagon of being supportive and abandoning it after the whole thing "blew over" for a lack of a better word. To me she never came across as someone with a genuine support or empathy🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 10
Kind of ticks me off a bit - all these influencers with their pelaton bandwagon. All of them have already stopped using it or are quickly dropping off in their usage, showing how much of a trend it was for them to get it. I would LOVE to have enough money to be able to get something like this, or even just a decent treadmill.
Lol yep I’m bitter because I use the cheaper peleton app most days on my crappy old £150 bike and then I see these influencers profiles (some of whom have the bike AND the tread like fleur) and they barely use it at all. What’s the point of getting something SO expensive for it just to sit there!!!

Reactions: 4
Lol yep I’m bitter because I use the cheaper peleton app most days on my crappy old £150 bike and then I see these influencers profiles (some of whom have the bike AND the tread like fleur) and they barely use it at all. What’s the point of getting something SO expensive for it just to sit there!!!
Agreed! I also use a crappy bike with the app and though I use it near enough everyday now I still don't think I would need to / want to spend £2k on a peloton. You can do the same classes on a crap bike if you don't want to commit which I think half of these influencers should have done. I was never a spin person before, but am now fully converted - high intensity cardio while sitting at home in the warmth. The rides are as fun as excercise can be. All you have to do is get on the bike. So why has Alex bought one, only to do one class a week? That's mad.

Reactions: 5
I just wanted to add here that imho she was being performative when she bought a body oil and a candle from black owned brand Liha... never mentioned it again, never posted about the products in depth, silence. Also at the peak of BLM she reviewed two books written by black authors and then again complete silence on the whole subject. It just felt like hopping on the bandwagon of being supportive and abandoning it after the whole thing "blew over" for a lack of a better word. To me she never came across as someone with a genuine support or empathy🤷‍♀️
If influencers don't mention it, they get dragged. If they do, they get dragged for being perfomative. As much as I dislike most of them, I can see why influencers don't bother talking about social issues because some people criticise them no matter what they do. I'd rather people did things offline where it actuallymatters than post black squares and write a few soppy captions. How many of you here are donating regularly to BLM? talking about it online is just as perfomative as influencers posting once and never mentioning it again.

Reactions: 17
If influencers don't mention it, they get dragged. If they do, they get dragged for being perfomative. As much as I dislike most of them, I can see why influencers don't bother talking about social issues because some people criticise them no matter what they do. I'd rather people did things offline where it actuallymatters than post black squares and write a few soppy captions. How many of you here are donating regularly to BLM? talking about it online is just as perfomative as influencers posting once and never mentioning it again.
They are being performative with anything they post online to some extend. And whether someone is donating to blm, amnesty or whatever else is their own personal choice, no need to post about it. I think posting once and not mentioning again is just as bad as black squares and soppy captions🤔 also not bothering to put out an opinion on a serious subject, because they're afraid of criticism is just silly. There will always be criticism so what🤷‍♀️ if it's valid, learn from it, if it's sh*t - ignore and move on.

I think it’s more than this, as she has been posting here and there since January, she hasn’t been totally silent so she has been appearing in people’s feeds. She was losing 20-50 a day before so I’d say she has to have pissed people off somehow to have lost over 500 today.
I think its more the fact when influencer go off line for so long and then suddenly reappear, people question if they really missed them during the break. And if not they unsubscribe.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.