IBS/IBD sufferers...

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've not taken the vaccine at all.

I had Covid in July as did 4/5 family members, luckily it was in-between infusions. I was the worst affected unsurprisingly and was in bed for a week. Although the other 2 were in bed but for a shorter time and 1 had hardly any symptoms. I would say it was the equivalent of having flu.....real flu, I had it when I was 18 actually on my 18th Birthday so the memories are etched!

Now the 1/5 straggler has tested positive this morning on a PCR and my infusion is next week. I'll have to postpone by a week as it will be within the 10 days. I'm not worried though as after 35ish infusions I'm in remission and my body can withstand a little alteration here and there.

My infusion centre let's me jiggle appointments as needs be on occasion, ie a week early or a week late if needs be for holiday etc they are really good 👍
Aren't you covered for 3 months if you've had covid?

I'm definitely getting my booster. I honestly think if I hadn't been double jabbed when I got covid it could of been a really bad outcome for me.

Reactions: 1
Aren't you covered for 3 months if you've had covid?

I'm definitely getting my booster. I honestly think if I hadn't been double jabbed when I got covid it could of been a really bad outcome for me.
As mentioned above. I’ve got Covid at the moment. I was double jabbed as of April and by July I had no detectable antibodies left (I’m part of a research study so get tested every 8 weeks).

they need to do more for immune suppressed people!

As mentioned above. I’ve got Covid at the moment. I was double jabbed as of April and by July I had no detectable antibodies left (I’m part of a research study so get tested every 8 weeks).

I'm immune suppressed aswell, can't wait to have my next jab.

Have any of you had your invite for a booster covid vaccine? Are you going to take it?
I gor a text this week and it mentioned the increased risk of complications but also said 'you are now due your booster as it is over six months since your second dose'. I've booked in for the start of October as it was the first appointment. Hope everyone has a good weekend x
I haven’t, but after the debacle trying to get my first I’m not holding my breath. I popped into the walk-in they are starting this week, so I worked out when my six months is up and will pop back

Update if anyone is interested. I’m out of isolation now, still getting bunged up head and coughing a little bit mostly ok.

UK Gov antibody test showed I had antibodies prior to this infection! So no idea what’s going on with antibodies!!

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Quick question does anyone with Crohn's have bladder issues where you feel your bladder is on fire, you can't empty your bladder and it feels full and you become incontinence?
I have this from time to time. Currently going through a bad episode and not sleeping or able to leave the house.
Just wondering if it has anything to do with IBD?

Back again. Not sure if I’m having flare up as such just that I’ve eaten something that has given me a sort tummy and made me bloat. I’m just grateful for my omeprazole because I reckon any discomfort would be worse without. Hoping that trying to get a good amount of sleep and drink lots of warm water flushes me out.

That will be coconut of any kind of the list now.

Also is there anyone else on here with diverticular disease? I always feel like I’m encroaching a bit because I don’t have IBD or IBS etc

Hey guys, new to this thread!
Only had my ibs diagnosed through stool samples and a colonoscopy in March 2021 but been suffering for about 8 years.

for those with ibs (probably unhelpful to those with IBD) I’d highly recommend peppermint capsules. They really settle my stomach/bowels and there’s recent scientific studies on them with great results.
And there’s reccent research on the use of priobiotics to increase the “right” bacteria in your gut! Currently trying some out but can’t really say if they’re helping yet.

also, my husband is an IBS/Coeliac/gastro dietitian so if you want me to pick his brains for anything then let me know.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I stay well stocked on peppermint tea and ginger tea. Ginger tea is very soothing for my stomach

Update if anyone is interested. I’m out of isolation now, still getting bunged up head and coughing a little bit mostly ok.

UK Gov antibody test showed I had antibodies prior to this infection! So no idea what’s going on with antibodies!!
Another update for anyone interested, I’m fine I myself now, but still got a chesty cough that rears it’s head every few hours.

Got to take another Antibody Test, and can finally get my booster jab this week too. Have an infusion in a couple of weeks, so hopefully this will be good timing for the Jab to be working the best it can while I’m the least suppressed with infliximab

For some idiot reason I’ve been eating milk and eggs all through October and then wondering why I’m having a flare up. What a bloody doughnut I am.

• Sad
After 12months remission, i had to stop my meds because of catching covid and an upper resp infection (on advice with the nurse at my gp) im now in a full blown flare. It started off with a bit of spotting but now theres blood and mucus and the feeling of needing to go and when i go, i just pass the blood. Iv been prescribed prednisone foam enema, im really nervous as iv only ever had oral pred and im shitting it (no pun intended)

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
After 12months remission, i had to stop my meds because of catching covid and an upper resp infection (on advice with the nurse at my gp) im now in a full blown flare. It started off with a bit of spotting but now theres blood and mucus and the feeling of needing to go and when i go, i just pass the blood. Iv been prescribed prednisone foam enema, im really nervous as iv only ever had oral pred and im shitting it (no pun intended)
Ive been on pred for over a year now (getting a stoma, hoping that helps things). And been off and on for nearly 10.

Set your alarm and take your meds at like 5.30am as it can really affect sleeping (i even got prescribed some sleeping tablets as it got so bad - dont be afraid to ask).

Warn your close family members that you may be abit off as it does effect your mood (im over emotional and get angry quickly)

I have a love hate relationship with that drug. It does wonders for my Crohns symptoms but the side effects from the drug can be challenging.

If you wanna talk about it just drop me a message.

Reactions: 2
Ive been on pred for over a year now (getting a stoma, hoping that helps things). And been off and on for nearly 10.

Set your alarm and take your meds at like 5.30am as it can really affect sleeping (i even got prescribed some sleeping tablets as it got so bad - dont be afraid to ask).

Warn your close family members that you may be abit off as it does effect your mood (im over emotional and get angry quickly)

I have a love hate relationship with that drug. It does wonders for my Crohns symptoms but the side effects from the drug can be challenging.

If you wanna talk about it just drop me a message.
Apolgies just realised you said you've only had pred via mouth.

• Heart
I am experiencing IBS-C right now. It feels awful. A run would help but I don’t feel comfortable going by myself in the city 😞

• Sad
Omg! thank god i found this thread i’ve wondering for ages whether i have IBS.
My father and cousin have Chrohns/IBD and have to inject.
My dad, grandad and uncle have all had their haemorrhoids removed too.
in 2016, i just randomly become constipated one day and i’m not even joking i was on there for about. an hour TMI**** the smallest thing came out of me and ever since that day i been constipated the gp gave me cream and lactulouse. lactulouse alone is really awful, dulcoease (not dulcax) i find works really well and also a combination of fybogel when things get REAL bad. however before i ever got constipated i was always known by everyone (my family) as suddenly getting the urge to go, it’s so bad i hate it. but if i don’t have constipation i get really stronge urges to go to the loo, i’ve had times i’ve literally had to run of the train before, out cars, feel like i’m going to pass out if i don’t make the toilet, never pains more discomforting, bleeding when wiping, and the sensation of not feeling completely empty sometimes i even feel full up, like i’ve had a whole meal that’s how unempty . i don’t want to inject like my cousin and my dad but i’m worried if i don’t tell the gp’s it’ll get worse. what do you think? does this sound like ibs? or anyone with likely symptoms also?

in 2016, i just randomly become constipated one day and i’m not even joking i was on there for about. an hour TMI**** the smallest thing came out of me and ever since that day i been constipated the gp gave me cream and lactulouse. lactulouse alone is really awful, dulcoease (not dulcax) i find works really well and also a combination of fybogel when things get REAL bad. however before i ever got constipated i was always known by everyone (my family) as suddenly getting the urge to go, it’s so bad i hate it. but if i don’t have constipation i get really stronge urges to go to the loo, i’ve had times i’ve literally had to run of the train before, out cars, feel like i’m going to pass out if i don’t make the toilet, never pains more discomforting, bleeding when wiping, and the sensation of not feeling completely empty sometimes i even feel full up, like i’ve had a whole meal that’s how unempty . i don’t want to inject like my cousin and my dad but i’m worried if i don’t tell the gp’s it’ll get worse. what do you think? does this sound like ibs? or anyone with likely symptoms also?
Not a doctor or a nurse. It sounds like it’s likely under the umbrella of irritable bowel. Definitely tell your GP that the opposite of constipation for you is interfering with your life. Feel better 🧡

I am in a state over here. I developed a plum allergy in my adult life. I never give it thought. It’s only natural I would forget that prune juice is a no go. I drank some earlier and now feel like I have a black and blue mark on my upper abdomen 😣

Im no Dr but I've had Crohn's for 15 years. Tbh it sounds like IBS, if it was crohns you would be heading up to hospital as the pain has been described as worse than childbirth. No harm in talking to the GP though.

Im no Dr but I've had Crohn's for 15 years. Tbh it sounds like IBS, if it was crohns you would be heading up to hospital as the pain has been described as worse than childbirth. No harm in talking to the GP though.
yes think it does sound like ibs thanks will defo speak to GP