IBS/IBD sufferers...

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anybody have flare ups that last over a week?

I’ve not had any issues for quite a while but suffering so badly with bloating for the past month. A week ago I was so bloated and I ended up vomiting after eating. Since then, my stomach has been in bits with cramping and griping pains. I look pregnant! I am so bloated. I’ve been taking buscopan and my GP has given me some Mebeverine now and requested stool sample to ensure nothing else going on. I just didn’t think a flare up would be so severe for this long and I feel awful.

Does anybody have flare ups that last over a week?

I’ve not had any issues for quite a while but suffering so badly with bloating for the past month. A week ago I was so bloated and I ended up vomiting after eating. Since then, my stomach has been in bits with cramping and griping pains. I look pregnant! I am so bloated. I’ve been taking buscopan and my GP has given me some Mebeverine now and requested stool sample to ensure nothing else going on. I just didn’t think a flare up would be so severe for this long and I feel awful.
I’m the same I’m suffering badly this past few weeks. Stool sample gone off (which traumatised me😂) and I’ve more bloods on Thursday - only got some in March but he wants them all done again and wouldn’t say why. There did come back an issue with my liver results the last time - hopefully it’s not that! But I’ve been so sick lately, way more than usual. So hopefully I get an answer at the end of it, and you too!

I’m the same I’m suffering badly this past few weeks. Stool sample gone off (which traumatised me😂) and I’ve more bloods on Thursday - only got some in March but he wants them all done again and wouldn’t say why. There did come back an issue with my liver results the last time - hopefully it’s not that! But I’ve been so sick lately, way more than usual. So hopefully I get an answer at the end of it, and you too!
Blood results can change in a day so makes sense he’d request them again to make sure your CRP and so on are all ok. March was 3 months ago!

Reactions: 2
And here is me sat pumped full of drugs and probably going to have an ileostomy soon. Knew I should of ate more apples n took more vitamins.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
Reading things like this really annoy me. I wish I could naturally heal my Crohn's :rolleyes:
Makes you wonder if she's actually got Dr's keeping an eye on her CRP levels for early warning of inflammation. Not keeping track of it is very risky. I couldn't do that to my family, it can be down to luck at the best of times if you have a flare that puts you in hospital or not, let alone if you're completely not tracking how your body is coping.

Recent research suggested that once diagnosed, the outlook is much better being put on something stronger (like infliximab) from the start, with less particpants requiring surgery.

Reactions: 4
Hello my troubled tummy friends. I have had the most ridiculously sick tum the last week, it literally pours out of me a few times a day. I have removed all fruit and veg from my diet and live on toast and porridge right now. Whist certain foods aggravate it, I am very confident in attributing its general existence to anxiety. I tried all elimination diets, blood and stool samples tested, gastroscope and colonoscopy. But it started last year after mum unexpectedly died, and reappears at times of heightened stress. For weeks at a time. Because I’m not already worried enough about the stressor, I must now fear not being within sight of the toilet at all times. There’s no cramping. Just violent diarrhoea. The fear though is something else .

Can anyone relate? Has anyone found anything that offers some reprieve?

• Heart
Hello my troubled tummy friends. I have had the most ridiculously sick tum the last week, it literally pours out of me a few times a day. I have removed all fruit and veg from my diet and live on toast and porridge right now. Whist certain foods aggravate it, I am very confident in attributing its general existence to anxiety. I tried all elimination diets, blood and stool samples tested, gastroscope and colonoscopy. But it started last year after mum unexpectedly died, and reappears at times of heightened stress. For weeks at a time. Because I’m not already worried enough about the stressor, I must now fear not being within sight of the toilet at all times. There’s no cramping. Just violent diarrhoea. The fear though is something else .

Can anyone relate? Has anyone found anything that offers some reprieve?
This helped me more than anything the dr prescribed

• Heart
Reactions: 1
This helped me more than anything the dr prescribed
Hallo 👋
This product looks amazing and I can't believe it has passed me by before now.
I was diagnosed with IBS about 25 years ago after awful food poisoning, it disappeared on the whole for about 10 years but is now back with a vengeance. Life changes, moving country, parents dying, and other stuff (also eating tit, well normally tbh, because I stupidly thought it had *gone*) have just made it resurface. I'd actually forgotten how hopeless, sad and generally unwell it makes me feel. I wake in the morning and there is a small window where I think 'hurray it's gone again' before the dull ache kicks back in.
It's vaguely under control through just eating boiled rice and steamed fish, and drinking kefir or peppermint tea. The cramping has subsided.
I'm going to get that silicol tomorrow.

• Heart
Hallo 👋
This product looks amazing and I can't believe it has passed me by before now.
I was diagnosed with IBS about 25 years ago after awful food poisoning, it disappeared on the whole for about 10 years but is now back with a vengeance. Life changes, moving country, parents dying, and other stuff (also eating tit, well normally tbh, because I stupidly thought it had *gone*) have just made it resurface. I'd actually forgotten how hopeless, sad and generally unwell it makes me feel. I wake in the morning and there is a small window where I think 'hurray it's gone again' before the dull ache kicks back in.
It's vaguely under control through just eating boiled rice and steamed fish, and drinking kefir or peppermint tea. The cramping has subsided.
I'm going to get that silicol tomorrow.
That’s how mine started, following a bout of food poisoning. Hope it works for you.

Reactions: 1
That’s how mine started, following a bout of food poisoning. Hope it works for you.
Thank you. I think the real problem started when I took Immodium after the food poisoning. Probably TMI but instead of all the 'poison' (diarrhoea) leaving my body it was sealed inside. Reabsorbing or whatever it does. Obviously not a scientific analysis but in my head this is what happened. My body was trying to expel the danger and I kept it in.

Reactions: 2