IBS/IBD sufferers...

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Good thinking. Gonna ask docs to refer me. My son was at dietician other week and I kept telling myself I'd ask her while we were there and of course completely forgot. Even things like lentils are an absolute no go. Only good thing is I have a nice figure to show for my suffering lol.
It’s little consolation when you’re terrified of eating anything!

Whilst it’s annoying not to have any answers, don’t forget to be relieved that doctor isn’t concerned re any chronic conditions . Hopefully the dietician will be able to provide some support. ❤

Reactions: 1
It’s little consolation when you’re terrified of eating anything!

Whilst it’s annoying not to have any answers, don’t forget to be relieved that doctor isn’t concerned re any chronic conditions . Hopefully the dietician will be able to provide some support. ❤
Anything fried is out the question. I will be ill for days. Its hard work when my fella wants to take me out for food have to make sure it's somewhere that can cater for me. Really miss spaghetti bolegnese and pasta and meatballs, cheesecake, toffee Danish. I do find buscopan helps ease my bloating when I'm having an episode. I'm 5ft as well so it's very noticeable. Some days it's like I have a massive balloon in my belly that needs to be popped.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Anything fried is out the question. I will be ill for days. Its hard work when my fella wants to take me out for food have to make sure it's somewhere that can cater for me. Really miss spaghetti bolegnese and pasta and meatballs, cheesecake, toffee Danish. I do find buscopan helps ease my bloating when I'm having an episode. I'm 5ft as well so it's very noticeable. Some days it's like I have a massive balloon in my belly that needs to be popped.
Did they do biopsies for microscopic colitis?

Did they do biopsies for microscopic colitis?
I dont know. I had to give them bloods and samples of my eh hem 'bowel deposits'. Everything came back normal but doc prescribed me buscopan anyways. I do find it helps tbf. I've always had a funny digestive system it's got worse as I've gotten older. Tomato based things and pastry gives me terrible heartburn as well. Very limited on what I can eat I've dropped a stone and a half in the past year or so purely out of food I've had to cut out. I have the odd day I just eat what I want and duck me I suffer for it for days after.

Can I ask does anyone find they can eat a mouthful of something and suddenly the stomach pain starts and they have to run to the toilet? I can go several times during a meal but I don't get why it happens so quickly like that.

Reactions: 3
Can I ask does anyone find they can eat a mouthful of something and suddenly the stomach pain starts and they have to run to the toilet? I can go several times during a meal but I don't get why it happens so quickly like that.
Yeah that can happen for me during a flare. In remission right now but that can happen after drinking tea or finishing a meal with fibre in

Reactions: 4
Yeah that can happen for me during a flare. In remission right now but that can happen after drinking tea or finishing a meal with fibre in
Thanks, it's just weird how a mouthful can do that in an instant. I hate it, I couldn't eat out like this.

Anyone else have kidney issues alongside digestive issues? Also lactose intolerance?

There is a program on bbc called click about technology, this weeks episode includes a piece about a breath testing gadget for ibs, Lactose intolerance etc, on the website and iplayer

• Wow
I’ve had IBS since a teenager ( now late 20s). Since having my son 7weeks ago I’ve had non stop flare for the last 2weeks. But the difference is there been some blood in it (red) & it’s been so mucus filled. I’m absolutely dreading if it is just IBS or something more 🙁 Saying that I think it’s lack of sleep/dehydration/I ate a spicy dinner with tomatoes in last night & just in general not eating well.
My IBS disappeared in pregnancy! Anyone find the same?

• Sad
  • Heart
I’ve had IBS since a teenager ( now late 20s). Since having my son 7weeks ago I’ve had non stop flare for the last 2weeks. But the difference is there been some blood in it (red) & it’s been so mucus filled. I’m absolutely dreading if it is just IBS or something more 🙁 Saying that I think it’s lack of sleep/dehydration/I ate a spicy dinner with tomatoes in last night & just in general not eating well.
My IBS disappeared in pregnancy! Anyone find the same?
Mine disappeared when I was pregnant too! The blood could be a tear, you're best contacting the GP x

Mine disappeared when I was pregnant too! The blood could be a tear, you're best contacting the GP x
The benefit of pregnancy!
I knew it would come back and I guess paired with sleep deprivation it’s not going to get better anytime soon 😩
Just sent off a form to the gp 🙏

Reactions: 1
Oh I've found my people ❤ ulcerative colitis here. Been on Azathioprine for years but I've been in a flare up for a few months and keep having 💩 accidents 🫠 Got a colonoscopy tomorrow and have drank the first litre of moviprep which was disgusting as usual 🤮

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Oh I've found my people ❤ ulcerative colitis here. Been on Azathioprine for years but I've been in a flare up for a few months and keep having 💩 accidents 🫠 Got a colonoscopy tomorrow and have drank the first litre of moviprep which was disgusting as usual 🤮
The prep is terrible! Definitely the worst thing about the whole process. Hope it all goes well for you.

• Heart
I actually found drinking the prep even worse than the results of the prep! The procedure itself is a dream. The toast after ambrosia.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
The prep is the devil's juice 🤮 I've gotta set my alarm for 6am on a Sunday bloody morning and drink another litre 😭 pray for me 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 5
The prep is the devil's juice 🤮 I've gotta set my alarm for 6am on a Sunday bloody morning and drink another litre 😭 pray for me 🤣
My consultant said to put lime cordial in it and honestly it didn’t help the taste at all and now I can’t even smell lime without it turning my stomach 😂😡🤢

• Sick
Reactions: 6
My consultant said to put lime cordial in it and honestly it didn’t help the taste at all and now I can’t even smell lime without it turning my stomach 😂😡🤢
I put it in a gin glass to try trick myself into thinking it was a G&t but it didn't work 🤮🤣

• Haha