IBS/IBD sufferers...

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think I brought it on myself with the milk in my rice pudding? It’s the only thing I can think of.

Would a plant milk be ok for me? Does anyone have a preferred one?

I think I brought it on myself with the milk in my rice pudding? It’s the only thing I can think of.

Would a plant milk be ok for me? Does anyone have a preferred one?
Are you usually intolerant to lactose though? Although gastro issues can provoke a temporary lactose sensitivity. I tried lactose free milk when I was testing my tolerance and it’s fab. Tastes like normal milk. The plant based ones are all very processed and don’t offer much in terms of nutrition.

Reactions: 1
Are you usually intolerant to lactose though? Although gastro issues can provoke a temporary lactose sensitivity. I tried lactose free milk when I was testing my tolerance and it’s fab. Tastes like normal milk. The plant based ones are all very processed and don’t offer much in terms of nutrition.
No, I’m very lucky not to have any intolerances or allergies usually. Maybe I’ll switch to lactose free for a while, granted I just want to be able to have custard and rice pudding and stuff which has little nutritional value but maximum comfort food levels!

No, I’m very lucky not to have any intolerances or allergies usually. Maybe I’ll switch to lactose free for a while, granted I just want to be able to have custard and rice pudding and stuff which has little nutritional value but maximum comfort food levels!
Ah but if you’re using milk then at least you’ll get the protein and calcium, rice has carbs and b vitamins, so its comforting and still providing nutrients. Are you feeling any better?

Ah but if you’re using milk then at least you’ll get the protein and calcium, rice has carbs and b vitamins, so its comforting and still providing nutrients. Are you feeling any better?
I’m feeling exhausted, but I had about 3 hours sleep last night! I didn’t eat all day and then Mr DragName made us a nice, bland (in a good way) chicken noodle soup. I’ve had one or two stomach cramps but nothing like last night. Toilet trips are still not nice for either of us, though (me less nice than him). Whatever we did/ate on holiday that caused this, we really did a number on ourselves!

I’m feeling exhausted, but I had about 3 hours sleep last night! I didn’t eat all day and then Mr DragName made us a nice, bland (in a good way) chicken noodle soup. I’ve had one or two stomach cramps but nothing like last night. Toilet trips are still not nice for either of us, though (me less nice than him). Whatever we did/ate on holiday that caused this, we really did a number on ourselves!
You really did! You have to be exhausted, running on so little sleep and so little food. You have no source of energy replenishment. Here’s hoping for a better night tonight. If you’re still upside down tomorrow then please call doc. You’ll need blood and maybe stool testing.

• Heart
I really think you should go and see a doctor. Having unexplained stomach cramps this long can be dangerous. It's probably nothing but better safe than sorry. It sounds like it could be C-diff.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Have got a telephone appt with the GP for today. I absolutely live in fear of giving a stool sample. I know that’s really pathetic. I’m so squeamish and prone to dry-heaving when I have to do anything unpleasant. (Also, Mother DragName’s bowel cancer diagnosis always lingers in my mind when I think of a stool sample, too). I’m hoping for a miracle where the Doc can accurately diagnose me through the phone and I’ll get a prescription for a miracle cure sent to the pharmacy. Hahaha, dream on, right?!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Has anyone ever had what seems like a build up of pain in their stomach, leading to major swelling of their belly, no cramps, doesn’t feel like constipation or diareeah, and a random pain in their shoulder??!
I am prone to what seems like IBS but I don’t know what the triggers are.

Has anyone ever had what seems like a build up of pain in their stomach, leading to major swelling of their belly, no cramps, doesn’t feel like constipation or diareeah, and a random pain in their shoulder??!
I am prone to what seems like IBS but I don’t know what the triggers are.
Oh yea that’s exactly how I sometimes present! The pain can rise up my back too. Some gentle yoga poses can help. And tummy massage. Keep a diary of food, toilet, and symptoms and you’ll maybe see what’s triggering.

Aw thank you! It went well, it wasn't anywhere near as bad as I'd imagined. They took some biopsies so I'll find out the results of those in about 6 weeks.
I’m really glad! Most people say the prep is the worst bit! Haven’t had one myself but supported a few people with the process before.

Hi all,
Have got a telephone appt with the GP for today. I absolutely live in fear of giving a stool sample. I know that’s really pathetic. I’m so squeamish and prone to dry-heaving when I have to do anything unpleasant. (Also, Mother DragName’s bowel cancer diagnosis always lingers in my mind when I think of a stool sample, too). I’m hoping for a miracle where the Doc can accurately diagnose me through the phone and I’ll get a prescription for a miracle cure sent to the pharmacy. Hahaha, dream on, right?!
I gave one, Just had to put a tub under me on the toilet it's that loose. Mine showed high calprotectin which led to needing the colonoscopy I never had after a reaction to moviprep. They wanted another sample when I recovered but I didn't bother because There was no way I was taking that prep again. I've just been put on antibiotics for something else (I had them once before years back) They are already setting my bowels off even worse. Non stop going to the toilet. Bloody horrible thing to have to live with. I feel for you all.
---
I’m really glad! Most people say the prep is the worst bit! Haven’t had one myself but supported a few people with the process before.
Taking it was easy for me but the after bit was hell. Seizures non stop the next day but I think it just drained me too much. I didn't find the clearing out part bad as I'm always on the toilet so it wasn't much different for me.

Hi all,

I gave one, Just had to put a tub under me on the toilet it's that loose. Mine showed high calprotectin which led to needing the colonoscopy I never had after a reaction to moviprep. They wanted another sample when I recovered but I didn't bother because There was no way I was taking that prep again. I've just been put on antibiotics for something else (I had them once before years back) They are already setting my bowels off even worse. Non stop going to the toilet. Bloody horrible thing to have to live with. I feel for you all.
---

Taking it was easy for me but the after bit was hell. Seizures non stop the next day but I think it just drained me too much. I didn't find the clearing out part bad as I'm always on the toilet so it wasn't much different for me.
Gosh, the prep sounded like hell for you! Mother DragName had to take prep with a permanent stoma for a colonoscopy and that was…. like something out of a horror movie for the poor woman. No seizures or anything, prep was fine for her before she got her stoma fashioned. Just, errr… an uncontrollable fountain of tit that she could do precisely nothing about. She’s refused any more colonoscopies on that basis alone. She’s my ultimate warrior.

I have indeed been given a stool sample bottle by the GP, as has Mr DragName so we have the ultimate couples activity to look forward to! The dread has already set in…

• Haha
The prep is definitely the worst part! It tastes absolutely vile. Like salty fruit. 🤣

• Sick
Reactions: 2
Gosh, the prep sounded like hell for you! Mother DragName had to take prep with a permanent stoma for a colonoscopy and that was…. like something out of a horror movie for the poor woman. No seizures or anything, prep was fine for her before she got her stoma fashioned. Just, errr… an uncontrollable fountain of tit that she could do precisely nothing about. She’s refused any more colonoscopies on that basis alone. She’s my ultimate warrior.

I have indeed been given a stool sample bottle by the GP, as has Mr DragName so we have the ultimate couples activity to look forward to! The dread has already set in…
I don't blame your mother not wanting anymore after that. I think I had seizures because it drained me so much. I woke up hooked up to a banana bag.

I don't blame your mother not wanting anymore after that. I think I had seizures because it drained me so much. I woke up hooked up to a banana bag.
Me either. It’s a bit scary because it’s a really good way to check her cancer hasn’t returned but the colonoscopy she did make it to was clear and they do blood test her for a cancer marker annually (I think) so can only cross fingers and toes that is sufficient!
Yikes, that must have been really scary to wake up like that!