IBS/IBD sufferers...

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Me either. It’s a bit scary because it’s a really good way to check her cancer hasn’t returned but the colonoscopy she did make it to was clear and they do blood test her for a cancer marker annually (I think) so can only cross fingers and toes that is sufficient!
Yikes, that must have been really scary to wake up like that!
Yeah they do do a blood test for cancer, a family friend had once recently before her scans to check she's still all clear. It would be better to follow up with the colonoscopy but it sounds like she had such a bad time with that prep. It's put her right off it bless her. I don't even think I was cleared right out, I was shitting for England when I woke up in hospital. I had a commode but went so much they marked the toilet door that it was for my rooms use only! I was that bad.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Gosh, the prep sounded like hell for you! Mother DragName had to take prep with a permanent stoma for a colonoscopy and that was…. like something out of a horror movie for the poor woman. No seizures or anything, prep was fine for her before she got her stoma fashioned. Just, errr… an uncontrollable fountain of tit that she could do precisely nothing about. She’s refused any more colonoscopies on that basis alone. She’s my ultimate warrior.

I have indeed been given a stool sample bottle by the GP, as has Mr DragName so we have the ultimate couples activity to look forward to! The dread has already set in…
How romantic 😉

• Haha
Our results came back and we have E. coli. Yay for us, haha! We’re over the worst of it but not better. The doc said if we still have symptoms in a week they’d test us again and maybe decide to treat it with something but until then, we carry on eating like two people on I’m A Celeb in the years where they always failed all the challenges and drinking a lot of water. Such fun!

• Sad
Our results came back and we have E. coli. Yay for us, haha! We’re over the worst of it but not better. The doc said if we still have symptoms in a week they’d test us again and maybe decide to treat it with something but until then, we carry on eating like two people on I’m A Celeb in the years where they always failed all the challenges and drinking a lot of water. Such fun!
Ah I’m glad you got a definitive result! There must be a relief in that ❤

• Heart
Ah I’m glad you got a definitive result! There must be a relief in that ❤
Yeah definitely! Now we just need to start being able to eat a few real foods so the hanger subsides! Mr DragName has never looked more miserable. And he’s quite a miserable chap at the best of times!

Yeah definitely! Now we just need to start being able to eat a few real foods so the hanger subsides! Mr DragName has never looked more miserable. And he’s quite a miserable chap at the best of times!
I can entirely relate! I know we discussed going dairy free already, it can be a huge irritant for such gastro issues. I don’t know if you’re vegetarian but I find plain grilled/poached chicken satiating and easy to eat. If quite dull! Really it’s about whatever you can stomach though. And I’m so sorry for you that you have to not only put up with a sick tummy but a sick hubby too…I’ve yet to meet a man who can handle being unwell with any dignity or self respect 😂

I can entirely relate! I know we discussed going dairy free already, it can be a huge irritant for such gastro issues. I don’t know if you’re vegetarian but I find plain grilled/poached chicken satiating and easy to eat. If quite dull! Really it’s about whatever you can stomach though. And I’m so sorry for you that you have to not only put up with a sick tummy but a sick hubby too…I’ve yet to meet a man who can handle being unwell with any dignity or self respect 😂
He hasn’t learned the art of only telling me as much as I need to know, haha! I suppose at least we are miserable gits eating toast together! I’ve cut down on dairy massively after the rice pudding saga of last week. We can successfully eat chicken noodle soup so chicken breast is ok for us as well, maybe we’ll get fancy and have chicken and rice!

• Heart
I thought I was finally over the E. coli (as did Mr DragName) and so we had pasta in a tomato sauce with a wee bit of cheddar cheese on top for dinner. The first ‘proper’ dinner in 2 weeks. My stomach cramps started almost immediately, clearly a huge mistake! I really hope I’m not lactose intolerant forever, I properly love cheese, haha!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
I had a colonoscopy a while back and my gi dr suspects I might have ulcerative colitis so back to low fodmap I go. More bloodwork and tests. I'm so sick all the time that I'd rather just not eat. It's probably not a good idea but
I've been severely limiting the amount of food I eat, even though it's low fodmap food.
I was already on humira for another autoimmune issue now they've increased the amount of doses I take. Hopefully it improves soon. I'm just soo tired of being sick.

I had a colonoscopy a while back and my gi dr suspects I might have ulcerative colitis so back to low fodmap I go. More bloodwork and tests. I'm so sick all the time that I'd rather just not eat. It's probably not a good idea but
I've been severely limiting the amount of food I eat, even though it's low fodmap food.
I was already on humira for another autoimmune issue now they've increased the amount of doses I take. Hopefully it improves soon. I'm just soo tired of being sick.
Do you have a dietician supporting you on low fodmap? It’s really not recommended to do it alone.

Yes I already have a dietician but my insurance doesn't cover it so I can't see her as often as I should.

Is anyone else on biologics for ulcerative colitis?
I've just had my three loading doses and I'm back on the steroids😩.

Is anyone else on biologics for ulcerative colitis?
I've just had my three loading doses and I'm back on the steroids😩.
I haven't been diagnosed with it just yet but I take the humira pen every week. I have to get my husband to inject me lol. My rheumatologist and GI dr want me to try prednisone again but I've told them I refuse unless I wind up in a life or death situation because I have serious reactions to steroids. 😓

Yes I already have a dietician but my insurance doesn't cover it so I can't see her as often as I should.
I see a dietician for low fodmap. I have her email address and we communicate quite frequently. If you have any issues or questions I could ask her on your behalf and let you know the outcome via here 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 3
My doctor has given me buscopan but tests ruled out chrons and IBD. I am lactose intolerant as well so obviously dairy out the window. I find I can't eat red meat or alot of things without being bloated and gassy for DAYS. Sometimes I'll have night sweats as well. Apparently everything is all normal but when I'm living on a diet of porridge, fruit, coconut milk and rice cakes clearly something is amiss. ☹

• Heart
Reactions: 3
My doctor has given me buscopan but tests ruled out chrons and IBD. I am lactose intolerant as well so obviously dairy out the window. I find I can't eat red meat or alot of things without being bloated and gassy for DAYS. Sometimes I'll have night sweats as well. Apparently everything is all normal but when I'm living on a diet of porridge, fruit, coconut milk and rice cakes clearly something is amiss. ☹
Ah i am so sorry. I know how frustrating that is. Can you get a dietician referral maybe?

Ah i am so sorry. I know how frustrating that is. Can you get a dietician referral maybe?
Good thinking. Gonna ask docs to refer me. My son was at dietician other week and I kept telling myself I'd ask her while we were there and of course completely forgot. Even things like lentils are an absolute no go. Only good thing is I have a nice figure to show for my suffering lol.