IBS/IBD sufferers...

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My consultant said to put lime cordial in it and honestly it didn’t help the taste at all and now I can’t even smell lime without it turning my stomach 😂😡🤢
Eurgh I made that mistake. Put my favourite squash with it and now even the thought of that delightful peach cordial makes me heave.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I thought I was finally over the E. coli (as did Mr DragName) and so we had pasta in a tomato sauce with a wee bit of cheddar cheese on top for dinner. The first ‘proper’ dinner in 2 weeks. My stomach cramps started almost immediately, clearly a huge mistake! I really hope I’m not lactose intolerant forever, I properly love cheese, haha!
How are you doing???
---
Eurgh I made that mistake. Put my favourite squash with it and now even the thought of that delightful peach cordial makes me heave.
I don’t understand how modern medicine can be so advanced and we still gotta drink gallons of powdery citrus sweat.

How are you doing???
---

I don’t understand how modern medicine can be so advanced and we still gotta drink gallons of powdery citrus sweat.
Hey! You’re so lovely to remember me and my dodgy guts and check in. I believe I am fully back to ‘normal’. My normal was never properly normal but no more stomach cramps and I can eat cheese again! I am still a bit hesitant around food and not quite ready for a slap up meal out yet. Never want to go through that ever again, haha! How are you?

Hey! You’re so lovely to remember me and my dodgy guts and check in. I believe I am fully back to ‘normal’. My normal was never properly normal but no more stomach cramps and I can eat cheese again! I am still a bit hesitant around food and not quite ready for a slap up meal out yet. Never want to go through that ever again, haha! How are you?
Ah I’m glad! You did stick in my mind and I wasn’t sure if it would be weird or intrusive looking for an update but figured having someone invested in our wellbeing can’t ever be seen as bad right?!

can you tell I’m an over thinker 😂

I had a colonoscopy and gastroscopy last week and biopsies taken so awaiting results now. There was nothing of immediate concern anyway. My tum has been entirely manageable the last week but I’m increasing my SSRI dosage next week so hoping that doesn’t rock the boat.

I never trust the calm seas ! Thanks for asking 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Ah I’m glad! You did stick in my mind and I wasn’t sure if it would be weird or intrusive looking for an update but figured having someone invested in our wellbeing can’t ever be seen as bad right?!

can you tell I’m an over thinker 😂

I had a colonoscopy and gastroscopy last week and biopsies taken so awaiting results now. There was nothing of immediate concern anyway. My tum has been entirely manageable the last week but I’m increasing my SSRI dosage next week so hoping that doesn’t rock the boat.

I never trust the calm seas ! Thanks for asking 🥰
Not weird or intrusive at all, a really lovely gesture! (Im a total overthinker too, so I hear ya!) I’m glad there was nothing of concern, and I hope the biopsy results are clear as well!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Hi,

I have been having sulphur burps, heartburn excessive wind on/off soft stools or diarrhoea n now back pain ( may not be related) does anyone else have these my gp kinda just ignored me

• Sad
Hi,

I have been having sulphur burps, heartburn excessive wind on/off soft stools or diarrhoea n now back pain ( may not be related) does anyone else have these my gp kinda just ignored me
I had really similar when I was diagnosed with Diverticular disease. Depending on how old you are it can be quite common and/or unheard of. I tend to have a lot of excessive trapped wind (mainly more so burping which makes me have chest pain and/or just general discomfort. Where is your back pain? Upper back or lower? (which I’m currently having quite a lot and then panicking thinking I’m having a heart attack)

Pain for diverticular is usually bottom left hand side. I usually have niggles in my lower left back too.

Hope you get it sorted x

I had really similar when I was diagnosed with Diverticular disease. Depending on how old you are it can be quite common and/or unheard of. I tend to have a lot of excessive trapped wind (mainly more so burping which makes me have chest pain and/or just general discomfort. Where is your back pain? Upper back or lower? (which I’m currently having quite a lot and then panicking thinking I’m having a heart attack)

Pain for diverticular is usually bottom left hand side. I usually have niggles in my lower left back too.

Hope you get it sorted x
Mines is middle upper back I’m going to call the gp again 2mo.. I’m sick of being given omemprazole fs

• Heart
New Reader Here... I've just been sent home from work this afternoon, as I have had sickness and diarrhoea - whilst this is happening I'm sweating profously and feel like as if I'm going to pass out... i have excruciating pain in my stomach just below my ribs... once the sickness and diarrhoea has stopped I need to lay on a cold floor to calm down... after a few hours I feel pretty normal - this has happened 4/5 times now - and Drs always put it down to Gastroenteritis!? Helppp!!! 😪
This was my original post... since then I have been tested for Coeliac, Crohns and something else... however nothing came back to confirm any of these... the above happened again today. I am becoming so frustrated that I have no clue what is causing this or what I can do to stop this happening... I am just about to start training for the Police, but feel this is going to affect my career if this is something that continues to happen ever 6mths or so... 😭 Is it likely IBS? Or could it be something else... I'm just at a loss as to what to do! Sorry to be a moany myrtle!

• Heart
This was my original post... since then I have been tested for Coeliac, Crohns and something else... however nothing came back to confirm any of these... the above happened again today. I am becoming so frustrated that I have no clue what is causing this or what I can do to stop this happening... I am just about to start training for the Police, but feel this is going to affect my career if this is something that continues to happen ever 6mths or so... 😭 Is it likely IBS? Or could it be something else... I'm just at a loss as to what to do! Sorry to be a moany myrtle!
Did they test you for gallstones

Don’t apologise about moaning. I had similar pain in my upper left side by my ribs. I couldn’t really keep anything down including liquid. I was told it could be my stomach acid and I was then diagnosed with diverticular disease in both my ascending and descending colon, this often gives me discomfort in my right rib and left rib.

Depending on how old you are, they don’t usually test for anything diverticular related especially if you are younger as it’s not really seen in people who are under 50 (I believe. I was 29 when diagnosed). However I have since been told that lots of people have it but they don’t realise they have. Mine was diagnosed by CT.

I was also in and out with stomach acid issues so it could also be this. Maybe gastritis if your stomach is irritated. There are simple spit tests for this, I believe. However, I had mine found by endoscopy. Really hope you get it sorted. 💖

p.s. Also, just to add sorry I keep popping and talking about my diagnosis. I think I do so because it’s something that doesn’t seem to be spoken about a lot but a fair few of you are having the same symptoms I had when I had my first flare up.

• Heart
I've got a Dr's Appointment next week, so am going to speak with her about it and hope she investigates! I wonder if it could be a food allergy, as my symptoms are almost like my body is going into some sort of shock!? I'm keeping a food diary also for her to view, although I'm aware she will probably want more than a weeks worth of foods...

Has anyone chose to go Gluten and Lactose Free without Drs/Dietician? I'm seriously debating it... I just hate to self diagnose/do things without guidance! 🤣

I've got a Dr's Appointment next week, so am going to speak with her about it and hope she investigates! I wonder if it could be a food allergy, as my symptoms are almost like my body is going into some sort of shock!? I'm keeping a food diary also for her to view, although I'm aware she will probably want more than a weeks worth of foods...

Has anyone chose to go Gluten and Lactose Free without Drs/Dietician? I'm seriously debating it... I just hate to self diagnose/do things without guidance! 🤣
Whatever you do, don’t go gluten free before being tested for coeliac. It can skew results. You need months of consistent gluten consumption in advance of the test in order to detect the antibodies in the event of coeliac.

Whatever you do, don’t go gluten free before being tested for coeliac. It can skew results. You need months of consistent gluten consumption in advance of the test in order to detect the antibodies in the event of coeliac.
Thankyou! I was tested for Coeliac back in December/January and nothing came back confirming! 👍🏽

Thankyou! I was tested for Coeliac back in December/January and nothing came back confirming! 👍🏽
Ah very good. If you could get a dietician to support you through an elimination diet it really is preferable. It’s so easy to develop food fears when the tummy is misbehaving. I’ve had such paranoia around nearly everything…dairy, gluten, sweeteners, fruit, fat…dropping one thing after the next hoping that I’ll find the one villain! And of course sometimes the anxiety around eating can itself prompt an attack.

ANYWAY, in short, don’t be me, get professional support!

Got the results of the biopsies that were taken during my colonoscopy and they're all normal. I'm relieved obviously, but now I'm none the wiser as to why I get woken up in the middle of the night by excruciating stomach pain. No idea what to do now, hoping to hear from the consultant who referred me for the colonoscopy.

Glad I found this post x I've got a large sliding hiatus hernia, diverticular disease and suffer with bloating, cramps and diaorhea. Anxiety can set it off. Certain foods. I'm type 2 diabetic and tried metformin and ozempic. Never pooed so much in all my life 🫣😅 serious though, I was housebound. The nurse kept saying persevere. Altogether, I had about 6 months of staying near the toilet.
Now, I'm on co codamol for pain so alternate between being bunged up or running to the loo. It takes over your life!

• Heart