IBS/IBD sufferers...

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ah great! I hope you still managed to have a lovely holiday?

Bowels are annoying.
I second this motion! But am also incredibly grateful that what I have is even somewhat operational! It was touch and go for a while. We really do take so much for granted don’t we.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Ah great! I hope you still managed to have a lovely holiday?

Bowels are annoying.
They are THE WORST, haha! Yes, we powered on through as much as we could and had a lovely time! Bit miserable being back in typical British weather now, though!
---
I second this motion! But am also incredibly grateful that what I have is even somewhat operational! It was touch and go for a while. We really do take so much for granted don’t we.
Mother DragName is a bowel cancer survivor, who went from basically nothing being wrong with her general bowel function in the slightest and it never giving her any particular bother to a big old chunk of it being removed and a permanent stoma fitted all within a few weeks of seeing blood in the toilet one day, so I hear you on that front! Amazing how much we take this tit (pun marginally intended) for granted. However, all things considered, she was one lucky lady and is in tip top condition now.

• Heart
They are THE WORST, haha! Yes, we powered on through as much as we could and had a lovely time! Bit miserable being back in typical British weather now, though!
---

Mother DragName is a bowel cancer survivor, who went from basically nothing being wrong with her general bowel function in the slightest and it never giving her any particular bother to a big old chunk of it being removed and a permanent stoma fitted all within a few weeks of seeing blood in the toilet one day, so I hear you on that front! Amazing how much we take this tit (pun marginally intended) for granted. However, all things considered, she was one lucky lady and is in tip top condition now.
How are you doing now??

• Heart
Reactions: 1
How are you doing now??
I’m definitely better, stomach cramps have gone, phew. Trips to the toilet are still not exactly a riot but it never is for me, haha! We haven’t eaten anything more adventurous than a homemade, v bland egg fried rice last night for dinner since we got home, but hoping we might be able to move towards proper food again soon! Thanks so much for checking in, you’re a real gem ❤

I’m definitely better, stomach cramps have gone, phew. Trips to the toilet are still not exactly a riot but it never is for me, haha! We haven’t eaten anything more adventurous than a homemade, v bland egg fried rice last night for dinner since we got home, but hoping we might be able to move towards proper food again soon! Thanks so much for checking in, you’re a real gem ❤
Ah fabulous. You’d been in my thoughts! Delighted there’s been some improvement. Sounds like ye got a bad dose

on the ongoing tummy issues, you say it’s self diagnosed IBS - have you had everything else ruled out by a doctor? there are some gut issues that can be provoked by anxiety but that’s not necessarily their underlying cause.

If docs haven’t been any help, have you looked into gut-directed hypnotherapy? I’ve never tried it but it’s on my list if all these tests come back clear! I hate to think you have to just accept this as your life.

• Heart
Ah fabulous. You’d been in my thoughts! Delighted there’s been some improvement. Sounds like ye got a bad dose

on the ongoing tummy issues, you say it’s self diagnosed IBS - have you had everything else ruled out by a doctor? there are some gut issues that can be provoked by anxiety but that’s not necessarily their underlying cause.

If docs haven’t been any help, have you looked into gut-directed hypnotherapy? I’ve never tried it but it’s on my list if all these tests come back clear! I hate to think you have to just accept this as your life.
I’ve mentioned it to the doc when discussing my anxiety but never specifically talked to them about it. I’m a bit Dr-phobic, they tend to just diagnose me as fat. Which, I mean, is correct. I am fat, but I’m not convinced it’s the single cause of everything that’s ever been wrong with me in my life! I should relocate my testicles (figuratively speaking) and talk to the Dr about it for sure, especially as I’m about to come off anti-depressants entirely so it could feasibly get a bit worse for me.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’ve mentioned it to the doc when discussing my anxiety but never specifically talked to them about it. I’m a bit Dr-phobic, they tend to just diagnose me as fat. Which, I mean, is correct. I am fat, but I’m not convinced it’s the single cause of everything that’s ever been wrong with me in my life! I should relocate my testicles (figuratively speaking) and talk to the Dr about it for sure, especially as I’m about to come off anti-depressants entirely so it could feasibly get a bit worse for me.
Oh I’m so sorry you’ve encountered such bias. It must be so disheartening. I’ve had very frustrating and upsetting encounters with the medical community too, but recent experiences have been far more positive. Hopefully you’ll have better luck in the future than you have in the past, but if not then just know that you have to advocate for you. You deserve a better quality of life than what you’re enduring! ❤

• Heart
I've got my colonoscopy tomorrow and I am terrified. Fasting starts now. Prep at 5pm and 9pm. Wish me luck. 😩

• Heart
I've got my colonoscopy tomorrow and I am terrified. Fasting starts now. Prep at 5pm and 9pm. Wish me luck. 😩
Keep your water up, try and get a good nights sleep. In my experience the team that will do it will be really friendly and put you at ease, they'll talk to you throughout often about things other than the procedure.

• Heart
Keep your water up, try and get a good nights sleep. In my experience the team that will do it will be really friendly and put you at ease, they'll talk to you throughout often about things other than the procedure.
Thank you! I'm not sure if I'll be getting much sleep with the second laxative being at 9pm? The procedure itself doesn't scare me but the sedation does. I don't think I'd be able to cope without it though.

• Heart
Thank you! I'm not sure if I'll be getting much sleep with the second laxative being at 9pm? The procedure itself doesn't scare me but the sedation does. I don't think I'd be able to cope without it though.
They don't put you to sleep. They just give you a drug that makes you feel high and relaxes you.

You'll be exhausted after the last prep so hopefully you'll sleep well!

The sedation is strange, you don't get put out, you know what's happening, but kind of feel a bit drunk and out of it.

They don't put you to sleep. They just give you a drug that makes you feel high and relaxes you.
You'll be exhausted after the last prep so hopefully you'll sleep well!

The sedation is strange, you don't get put out, you know what's happening, but kind of feel a bit drunk and out of it.
I'm just worried cos I have a heart condition but the GP said I'll be fine, I'm gonna mention it to the consultant anyway. All I've had today is toast so hopefully the prep doesn't have me up all night. 😅

• Heart
I'm just worried cos I have a heart condition but the GP said I'll be fine, I'm gonna mention it to the consultant anyway. All I've had today is toast so hopefully the prep doesn't have me up all night. 😅
Going to keep my fingers and toes crossed for you, I hope you feel ok and are out at ease about things as quickly as possible ❤

• Heart
Oh dear, I had a really bad night. Mr DragName and I still aren’t right after eating a dodgy burger a week and a half ago, so decided to keep dinner simple, some rice cooked in chicken stock. Monday had been the first day we’d eaten ‘normally’ and it had upset our stomachs a bit. So, our Tuesday dinner was rice in chicken stock. Feeling the need for some comfort food, I also made us rice pudding, just a basic recipe made with semi skimmed milk. This was potentially a huge mistake. Woke up at about half midnight by my own stomach cramps which went on for over 3 hours and were totally horrendous. Mr DragName was ‘fine’ (although I woke him up crying out so he was stuck awake with me till I went back off to sleep). I feel exhausted today 😳 and terrified of eating. I’ve got a big day at work so I just need to keep my head down and hope I don’t get ill in the office and see how my day goes, otherwise I think it might be time to ring the GP.

• Sad
  • Heart
I got 4 hours sleep. That bowel prep is no joke. Without a doubt the worst thing I've ever tasted!

• Heart
Oh dear, I had a really bad night. Mr DragName and I still aren’t right after eating a dodgy burger a week and a half ago, so decided to keep dinner simple, some rice cooked in chicken stock. Monday had been the first day we’d eaten ‘normally’ and it had upset our stomachs a bit. So, our Tuesday dinner was rice in chicken stock. Feeling the need for some comfort food, I also made us rice pudding, just a basic recipe made with semi skimmed milk. This was potentially a huge mistake. Woke up at about half midnight by my own stomach cramps which went on for over 3 hours and were totally horrendous. Mr DragName was ‘fine’ (although I woke him up crying out so he was stuck awake with me till I went back off to sleep). I feel exhausted today 😳 and terrified of eating. I’ve got a big day at work so I just need to keep my head down and hope I don’t get ill in the office and see how my day goes, otherwise I think it might be time to ring the GP.
Oh you poor thing. Defo time to call in the doctor!
---
I got 4 hours sleep. That bowel prep is no joke. Without a doubt the worst thing I've ever tasted!
Congrats on getting through it. The hardest part is over. Now you relax and let the professionals take over!

• Heart
Oh you poor thing. Defo time to call in the doctor!
---

Congrats on getting through it. The hardest part is over. Now you relax and let the professionals take over!
Just got to get out of bed and into work, then get home and collapse in a heap first!