IBS/IBD sufferers...

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Topical abx are not the same as oral. Applying it to your skin would have no effect on your crohns. The reason we avoid oral abx is because they are very aggravating on the gut which obviously causes issues with an already delicate gut.
I had to Google this before sharing it with my sibling who suffers from Crohn’s. The directions for Duac say not use it with certain bowel conditions.

Reactions: 1
Topical abx are not the same as oral. Applying it to your skin would have no effect on your crohns. The reason we avoid oral abx is because they are very aggravating on the gut which obviously causes issues with an already delicate gut.
Topical antibiotics are absorbed into the bloodstream.

I’ve majorly flared up this morning 😞 I’ve not eaten anything out the ordinary so I don’t know what could have caused it. ☹

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Just sharing what my dermatology consultant told me when I queried if I could use the topical antibiotic she had prescribed. My gastro team told me to avoid oral but not topical. Antibiotics absorbed in the gut will aggregate the gut more than those absorbed into the bloodstream via the skin.

Just sharing what my dermatology consultant told me when I queried if I could use the topical antibiotic she had prescribed. My gastro team told me to avoid oral but not topical. Antibiotics absorbed in the gut will aggregate the gut more than those absorbed into the bloodstream via the skin.
Thanks so much for sharing that. That’s really reassuring, just what I wanted to hear 🥰

• Heart
Hi, new on this thread. Ove suffered from IBS for as long as I can remember, usually constipation. I've learnt over time what triggers me etc and I do suffer with bloating. However for 9 days now I have had a constant bloat and it's beginning to concern me. I feel like my belly could spilt in two it's that large. I have a doctor's appointment next week but just wondered if anyone else has experienced this

• Sad
A yoghurt? Any particular brands, and does it work for you?
Yeah i have the yoghurt drinks but you can also get in capsule forms from boots. Hmmm well I have IBS and Crohn's disease so hard to tell if actually does anything but trying anything at the moment to calm things down.

Yeah i have the yoghurt drinks but you can also get in capsule forms from boots. Hmmm well I have IBS and Crohn's disease so hard to tell if actually does anything but trying anything at the moment to calm things down.
Which ones do you use? Willing to try a few different things. I've tried to get back into my walking as a form of exercise

As someone with IBD, I’m a big fan of the cherry one here. Not sure if it does much but it tastes nice!
Yeah love the Cherry ones! I'm currently on a liquid only diet due to Crohn's and living off these at the moment (and modulen 🤢🤮)

• Heart
Yeah love the Cherry ones! I'm currently on a liquid only diet due to Crohn's and living off these at the moment (and modulen 🤢🤮)
Oh no, so sorry!! I usually go for fortisip when I’m flaring but that’s short term til steroids kick in rather than long term like modulen, you poor thing!

How much do you have a day? I tried the mango one, that's really nice actually!
At first they gave me the lemon and lime ones which i just couldn't stomach. Currently got strawberry, chocolate and banana.

Oh no, so sorry!! I usually go for fortisip when I’m flaring but that’s short term til steroids kick in rather than long term like modulen, you poor thing!
I miss food! 😂

Do you have a glass a day would you say?
1-3 cups a day is recommended. Maybe one first thing and one at night :)

You can make your own kefir with a starter however it may not taste as pleasant.