IBS/IBD sufferers...

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@EllaEm87 It is really helping to hold me over until I can be seen by a doctor! I don’t miss a lot of the things that were eliminated. Onions and garlic which are a big no-no are everywhere though. It’s difficult to order anything besides a salad where I can clearly see the ingredients.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Hi guys,

Wanted to post on here as I’m desperate and I’m losing hope. I’ve been chronically bloated for over 3 years. By chronically I mean that my stomach is constantly large, swollen and distended. It never goes down. I’ve been begging and pleading to be heard and have contacted the doctors so many times I have lost track. I have extreme stomach pain, my bowel movements are painful and a total mess, I have mucus in my stool and my stomach is always uncomfortable. Despite begging for help I’ve been lied to and fobbed off by the doctors. All they do is send me for constant blood tests. Over the pandemic I had no help and just had to deal with it. At the start of this year I managed to get an ultrasound booked but it took months for the results and I was initially told nothing was wrong and my GP had said that no further action was needed. Then when I asked another doctor about it at another appointment I was told they suspected adenomyosis as my myometrium was oddly shaped and thickened. I pleaded for a repeat ultrasound which I was given in April and have yet to hear the results for. It’s been over 3 long years and I’m fed up. My stomach is swollen and painful all the time and nothing helps. Most doctors tell me I’m likely to have IBS but no one cares. I’m in agony with my swollen stomach and I’m exhausted from begging to be heard. I’ve practically given up. I’ve been trying to lose weight but it just won’t budge which I think is to do with whatever undiagnosed condition I have and the persistent bloating.

Written by someone who is exhausted both mentally and physically from this unknown and debilitating condition.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
@bongsandstuff Really sad to hear what you’re going through. I’ve found relief from bloating by eliminating FODMAP foods from my diet. There are over the counter solutions you should try as well - things like IBgard. See if your pharmacist can recommend other items as well.

@bongsandstuff Really sad to hear what you’re going through. I’ve found relief from bloating by eliminating FODMAP foods from my diet. There are over the counter solutions you should try as well - things like IBgard. See if your pharmacist can recommend other items as well.
Thank you so much! Just need to try what I can and hopefully I’ll find a solution🤞🏼

THERE’S NO PUBLIC TOILETS anywhere 😭 I have a just can’t wait card but pret and mc Donalds just stick out of order signs on their loos during peak times so they don’t have to clean them and when you ask they say they’re out of order

• Angry
THERE’S NO PUBLIC TOILETS anywhere 😭 I have a just can’t wait card but pret and mc Donalds just stick out of order signs on their loos during peak times so they don’t have to clean them and when you ask they say they’re out of order
Order yourself a Radar key. They open all disabled toilets public and in restaurants/bars.

Reactions: 3
Order yourself a Radar key. They open all disabled toilets public and in restaurants/bars.
I agree I need to but tbh I don’t really see many radar bathrooms? Trust me I know all the bathrooms in my area and I can think of ONE radar bathroom, and the normal loos are usually working there

Reactions: 2
hey all
i have IBS and wondering if anyone hs experienced bright yellow diarrhoea?

Fast transit, fat not absorbing properly. Perhaps you need some loperamide or similar?
thank you x ive been told to take codeine by the doctor for my diarrhoea previously but never experienced the colour and foamy nature before - stomach been in bits. I wasnt sure what it was!

thank you x ive been told to take codeine by the doctor for my diarrhoea previously but never experienced the colour and foamy nature before - stomach been in bits. I wasnt sure what it was!
Codeine will help firm things up a bit. Loperamide will do the same for transit. :)

• Heart
Good to see talk on here about IBS. I was diagnosed with it many years ago, and suffered in silence miserably for may protracted periods. Back then the very mention of it raised a giggle among non-sufferers. Thats thankfully changing.
If anyone is interested, I get great relief during a flare up, from Colpermin (peppermint oil capsules)/ Buscopan.

Good to see talk on here about IBS. I was diagnosed with it many years ago, and suffered in silence miserably for may protracted periods. Back then the very mention of it raised a giggle among non-sufferers. Thats thankfully changing.
If anyone is interested, I get great relief during a flare up, from Colpermin (peppermint oil capsules)/ Buscopan.
Silicol is the answer

In a crohns flare and now on steroids again. Having to be tube fed again. So done with this disease.

• Heart
  • Sad
Hello, I have found my people *waves* I was diagnosed with IBS in my late 20s but had stomach issues for years before that. It definitely seems to be triggered by stress, hormonal contraceptives and a bit of what I eat.

The only times I have been truly IBS free is when I've been pregnant. My midwife did say this is quite common but they don't really know why. I also stopped using hormonal contraceptives after my youngest was born and haven't had an attack since then. Not being at work helps a great deal too as I can run to the loo when I need to (toddler permitting!).

Omg I FEEL SEEN!!!!!

I’ve had awful/stressful/undiagnosed-so-mightn’t-even-be-IBS since I was a kid (I’m 34 now) and as soon as I got pregnant every bad symptom vanished (except diareeah which I believe to be stress caused my job at the time). I breastfed my baby until he turned 1, and a year later my symptoms are back with a vengeance.

It’s just frustrating because there are so many things that it can be. I’m now getting flare-ups because I’m STARVING because I am afriD to eat !!!

I’ve had a full blood tests for coeliac disease, iron, vitamins etc, and poop tests for bowel cancer and ovarian cancer so I am satisfied my new dr is taking me seriously, she does think it is IBS though. The radiologist rejected her request for a scan of my stomach and pelvis however - should I insist on this?

Does anyone know if the Ibs symptoms can be connected to coming off anti depressants too?
I was on sertraline for 2 years and came off it recently and I’ve been suffering physically and mentally since.

• Heart