I am Sarahjayjay #8 She has the self-awareness of leftover bolognese

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I managed to train myself out of the jaw clenching in sleep - but only after I’d broken loads of my filled back teeth in half and had to have them removed.
Ouch! Sometimes I'm so tense, when I fall asleep all my muscles relax suddenly and it wakes me up!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Ouch! Sometimes I'm so tense, when I fall asleep all my muscles relax suddenly and it wakes me up!
Have a read about magnesium oil. I've recently started massaging it into my legs with some moisturiser and my muscle jumps in or before sleep have ceased

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Respectfully, and whilst I think her views are abhorrent, this isn’t a racism issue. Being Jewish is a religious belief, not a race of people.
Fair, “is antisemitism a form of racism?” Is a discussion I see on social media a lot and I’m absolutely not equipped to have any form of input on that (having experienced neither) so should have worded better. Fortunately I have enough self-awareness to recognise my initial heavy handed gut instinct of “I just don’t want anyone, on any “side” to suffer” is far too simplistic a view for such a nuanced situation, so instead of wading in on those social media conversations and just being loud (and sometimes wrong) like our heroine I’ve just tried to quietly offer support to people in my life affected by the situation and give a little where I can to a couple of the official charities.

It’s a hard one. While I appreciate people being supportive and using their voice is absolutely necessary, I wouldn’t have even said this much here were it not anon. I’m a bit of a giant child and fairly useless with some things but I do think recognising where I am out of my depth is a skill I’ve formed over the years.

Back to Sarah, as I said before, if I thought she truly, genuinely believed any of the tit she posts/reposts I’d at least respect her for having courage in her convictions. But it all being for likes makes me feel sick 🤢

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Hearing every word of this and nodding along with you, SSS.
personally I don’t think Islamophobia or anti-semitism is racist.

back on topic: I’ve not followed the Sarah Saga for a while; glad to see she’s still a tosspot

Reactions: 3
He's not without his head moments (blackface, which he's since addressed) but David Baddiels book Jews Don't Count provides a good explanation of why antisemitism is racism if anyone is interested. Those who'd love to attack Jews wouldn't ask whether they attended the synagogue lately. Obviously this isn't the thread for all this. It's just come up cos of Sarah's typically unexamined groupthink casual ignorance. If Jews are saying they feel increasingly unsafe and parts of London feel like no go areas to them what right do non Jews have to disbelieve that and argue with it. And if not being 'visibly jewish' is the way to increase safety I don't see how that's anything but the othering of racism.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I think Stephen Fry (also ethnically Jewish, although religiously atheist) has said similar things too.

Reactions: 4
Fair, “is antisemitism a form of racism?” Is a discussion I see on social media a lot and I’m absolutely not equipped to have any form of input on that (having experienced neither) so should have worded better. Fortunately I have enough self-awareness to recognise my initial heavy handed gut instinct of “I just don’t want anyone, on any “side” to suffer” is far too simplistic a view for such a nuanced situation, so instead of wading in on those social media conversations and just being loud (and sometimes wrong) like our heroine I’ve just tried to quietly offer support to people in my life affected by the situation and give a little where I can to a couple of the official charities.

It’s a hard one. While I appreciate people being supportive and using their voice is absolutely necessary, I wouldn’t have even said this much here were it not anon. I’m a bit of a giant child and fairly useless with some things but I do think recognising where I am out of my depth is a skill I’ve formed over the years.

Back to Sarah, as I said before, if I thought she truly, genuinely believed any of the tit she posts/reposts I’d at least respect her for having courage in her convictions. But it all being for likes makes me feel sick 🤢
I'm going to leave the thread (I know, it's not an airport and I don't need to announce it) but having experienced a lot of antisemitism, most of it in the past 15 years and most of that in the past 6 months, I can promise you that it most certainly is racism.

The SS didn't ask what my (mostly communist, atheist) family members believed before they murdered them. Nor do the antisemites who have targeted me, my friends, and my family in London.

I'm out of here now because I come to tattle to escape this crap, not to get more of it. And there's increasingly nowhere i can go to escape, either online or in real life. I really wish people would stop speaking on our behalf though. (Not you @SleevelessSlopSlinger. )

• Heart
Reactions: 15
@VielleFemme i'm really sorry for your experience and assure you there was no anti-semitic intention in anything i've posted here.

Reactions: 8
My nan eventually spent a lot of time in bed, largely due to various lung problems most likely not helped by her working in a trouser factory for years. She'd have been very impolite about people like Sarah.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Ny nan was evacuated to a farm in Wales with my mum during ww2. She lasted one week. Had to sit under the stairs during thunderstorms due to the blitz worked all her life caring in the community as a home help carried on till 70.
We were council and proud . She would be ashamed of me if I lived Sarah's life. She wouldn't as she cared to much and would try to help.
But even she knew there was no helping some.
Rip nan

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.