Hyperhidrosis - excessive sweating.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just an update - I posted before as I was suffering greatly with this issue. I was on Effexor. Changed to a different medication and am now back to normal sweating! Changed my quality of life massively. If anyone is in the same boat and on Effexor I would recommend you talking to your dr to find an alternative ❤

Reactions: 2
I was obsessed with my iontophoresis machine and it completely stopped my sweating for years.

Recently, I had a copper coil fitted (no other decent contraceptive choices for me) and now I can no longer use the iontophoresis machine due to the electrical current and the coil.

I have been using roll-on on my hands and feet but honestly, it’s crap and my quality of life now feels worse.

Can anyone recommend some good products for hands and feet?

My Ex had this and he would just pour he'd go for a 5 min walk or bike ride and he come back soaked he's allergic to rightguard and a few other sprays

Hi guys! Parking myself here because I feel like I may have hyperhidrosis, or at least I sweat excessively. An example is, if im walking to the shop (5 min walk), and it’s a brisk pace, in 20 degree heat, my entire back will be drenched. My underarms, under boob too. It’s massively inconvenient but I don’t know if I would get a diagnosis because I don’t sweat much at night, and sometimes I don’t sweat, it’s on and off. So I have no idea

but even when I use the Mitchum deodorant, I still sweat. I’m looking into other treatments to see what could work! :)

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Has anyone tried Driclor? I find that works for me but you have to be consistent with it to see results.

Reactions: 3
Has anyone tried Driclor? I find that works for me but you have to be consistent with it to see results.
I used Driclor when I had issues (thyroid driven) and it was quite good. I used to roll it across my forehead too. It stung a bit but did the trick. The sweat would pour down my face otherwise.

I currently use Sure Maximum Protection. It works well enough for me at the moment but wouldn't have been enough when my sweating was at it's worst.

Reactions: 1
I used Driclor on my underarms when I was a teenager. It was like a miracle product for me! It completely solved my problems. Exessive sweating (as a result of high anxiety) made me really insecure and had quite a big impact on my life. I also found Dettol soap worked really well alongside it.

My husband had TES surgery for his hyperhydrosis under his arms on the NHS about 17 years ago. He’s had no problems since, and no compensatory sweating. Not sure if it’s still an option on the NHS.

I know this thread hasn’t been active for a bit but, probably sounds so stupid, I feel anxious/stupid lol ringing the doctor about excessive sweating but I’m at the point I literally can’t deal with it anymore, it doesn’t matter if it’s -2 degrees, snowing, hailing or just a normal day.. I’m constantly dripping sweat, it’s ruining my t shirts (underarm sweat) no matter what I put on; how much antiperspirant I put on etc, the back of my knees sweat so bad too, no idea why. which makes me come out in a rash that’s itchy/sore, under boob sweat! I don’t even know how to go about ‘getting help’ with it does anyone have any advice for a dumb 21 year old pls haha!

Ive had to get myself a ceiling fan in my room because having a window open just doesn’t cut it, it’s horrible!!
I get so anxious even the thought of ringing the doctor, mostly getting past the receptionists I end up completely muddling my words up because I’m scared they’re going to be like, sorry we can’t help that’s not a serious issue etc .. but I’m beyond drained from it what would you even say to a receptionist in this situation??😩 sorry for the ramble x

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I had hyperhidrosis under my arms for years, driclor didn’t work and the Botox only provided a temporary relief. I eventually got some of the sweat glands taken out (under local anaesthetic, it was the strangest feeling!) which has been amazing.

• Wow
I had hyperhidrosis under my arms for years, driclor didn’t work and the Botox only provided a temporary relief. I eventually got some of the sweat glands taken out (under local anaesthetic, it was the strangest feeling!) which has been amazing.
I didn’t know you could do this!

I didn’t know you could do this!
Yep you can, I had it done under the NHS. It was a while ago now, about 15 years ago so I can’t remember the exact details but the effectiveness of the Botox was less and less so they offered me that.

Yep you can, I had it done under the NHS. It was a while ago now, about 15 years ago so I can’t remember the exact details but the effectiveness of the Botox was less and less so they offered me that.
Thanks for letting me know!
@boobear191 - unfortunately I’m the same, I feel proper embarrassed to call up about it 🤣 because I know I sweat a lot but what if they actually say it’s normal?! 🤣🤣🤣 I’ve been using Glycolic acid on my underarms and groin and it’s helped a lot! Same with Mitchum deodorant but that’s all for now … I do wanna try Botox

Have you found that sweating increased in other areas? My GP mentioned having sweat glands removed when I went a few years ago but I wasn’t sure about it

Have you found that sweating increased in other areas? My GP mentioned having sweat glands removed when I went a few years ago but I wasn’t sure about it
Yes I remember having some excess sweating in my feet for a short while after however it went away after about 6 months and I’ve never had any issues since. I would definitely recommend it if you get the opportunity again.

My feet sweat like crazy, to the point that i got athlete's foot and nail fungus 😭. Ive just finished three months of antifungal and my feet look better, hopefully it stays that way. I also have an antifungal topical and wash. Does anyone else have very sweaty feet? Ive been using an antiperspirant on them and it seems to be helping.
I also got a fungal rash on my torso and thighs from sweating while exercising. The topical cream cleared it up but i worry about it coming back especially in summer.

• Heart
I had a sympathectomy op for excessive hand sweating about 20 years ago now and it worked brilliantly for about 3 years but then I started to suffer with compensatory sweating elsewhere, on my back and my groin area (groin is the worst, can only wear dark clothes on the bottom now). The hand sweating returned too. Don’t want to put you off but the compensatory sweating can happen with these procedures. But like I say it was 20 years ago and I’m sure treatment has moved on.

I use Driclor for under my arms and it made a massive difference however I sweat quite badly elsewhere including my back and groin/bottom where like an earlier poster mentioned there may be a line when I stand up out of a chair etc - anybody got any solutions, not sure if Driclor would be an option but willing to try anything that might help!