Hyperhidrosis - excessive sweating.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi I was wondering if anyone here suffers with/ has any advice on excessive underarm sweating.

I have always suffered with this but as I’ve gotten into my twenties it has come atrocious. I am Changing my tops constantly they are soaked through within the hour. I have tried all sorts of OTC remedies - to no avail. I am at my wits end, I feel disgusting I can’t even wear a coat in this weather as I sweat so much I then will need to wash my coat after I’ve worn it every time! My tops still smell after I have washed them😢

Reactions: 4
Hi - whilst I don’t have hyperhidrosis myself it is something my partner has been living with since his early 20s. He tries to use Dricolor from the chemist. He has been told that having Botox injections would help although the side effect means that another part of your body could start to sweat more so for the time being he has decided to leave it be & just try to manage as best he can. It’s probably one of the most annoying and unknown diseases people don’t know about. I know it can really harm your confidence but please try to not let it get you down. :)

Reactions: 2
Driclor is your best friend!!! It worked wonders for me and each roll on lasts forever. Order the 60ml one online or ask your dr to prescribe it as I think Boots only does 20ml, the 60ml isn't that much more expensive online or on prescription.

I'm currently pregnant and not allowed to use it, so I've got 20 more weeks of being a sweaty mess. :cry:

Reactions: 5
Thank you so much ladies. @SazzyB thats very helpful, educational info to me so thanks so much.

I am at the end of my tether with it all. I think I tried that before, but if I remember correctly, I used it after I had just showered and shaved and OMG 🔥 do I need to say anymore! 🤣 does this sound like the one? Did I use it incorrectly? I will purchase and try again.. anything is worth a go. My tops are awful the smell returns after I have washed and ironed them. I feel revolting! My daughter is about to spend a lengthy time in hospital and I am dreading the sweating, I can’t stop panicking about everything 😭

Thank you so much ladies. @SazzyB thats very helpful, educational info to me so thanks so much.

I am at the end of my tether with it all. I think I tried that before, but if I remember correctly, I used it after I had just showered and shaved and OMG 🔥 do I need to say anymore! 🤣 does this sound like the one? Did I use it incorrectly? I will purchase and try again.. anything is worth a go. My tops are awful the smell returns after I have washed and ironed them. I feel revolting! My daughter is about to spend a lengthy time in hospital and I am dreading the sweating, I can’t stop panicking about everything 😭
Definitely don't put it on after you've shaved!! I put it on before I went to bed which I think is the recommended thing to do. Worth another go for sure!

NEVER use it after shaving! It stings like a witch at times anyway, let alone on shaved skin, I’m squirming just imagining!

I am excessively sweaty under my arms, but it hasn’t been as bad in recent years as it’s mostly when I’m in public and I stay at home a lot (rather than work, I do leave the house 😂) with the kids. It’s been amazing not having to worry So much these last years. I’m pregnant atm and that makes it ten times worse though, I stank by the end of work today, and I didn’t wear a Christmas jumper (on Christmas jumper day) as it is grey and as you know, it’s the worst for sweat.

Anyway, I’m really careful in what I wear, certain fabrics make mine worse and where possible I try to avoid clothes that cling under the arms, as less chance of the top getting soaked and stinking.

Reactions: 1
I have hyperhidrosis too and feel your pain - I literally have to avoid wearing certain materials/colours because of the inevitable sweat patches.

I had Botox injections a couple of years ago when I got completely fed up with it. I thought they were working to start with, but overall they didn’t make much difference. I paid £390 so it was an expensive thing to try for it not to work!

I’ve been to the doctors too and he recommended driclor. He said the only other option would be surgery to remove the sweat glands but they would only do this in really really extreme cases, it’s not a common thing

So driclor is my next thing to try!

This thread should help 😁

I suffer from excessive sweating-but it is concentrated on my back. Perspiration pours from that area when it is hot or I am exerting heavily.

Reactions: 3
I suffer from excessive sweating-but it is concentrated on my back. Perspiration pours from that area when it is hot or I am exerting heavily.
I’m exactly the same! Only the last couple months it’s been this way. Even if I walk to the shops, I get sooo hot and by the time I’m home again I need a shower. My back is the biggest problem, but my overall body gets so hot also and I have droplets of sweat it’s awful. It was 2C the other day and my partner was in 3 layers + a massive coat and I had to take my lightweight jacket off and was walking around in a tshirt and I felt a perfect temperature! Does this sound like Hyperhidrosis? I actually hadn’t heard of it until I saw this thread. I’m not sure if I should go to the doctors or not, because I don’t want them to think I’m being stupid but it’s soo miserable

My brother has it but with his feet! It’s awful, his socks are really damp at the end of the day with it. Nagging him to go to the doctors to see what treatment he could get for it. I’ve heard there’s some kind of electric pulse therapy that sorts it- has anyone had it? Is it available on the nhs?

My son has this but only at night, the sweat pours off him. OH is also sweaty at night but not quite as bad.

Me and my 2 daughters have this in our hands and feet. Summer is a killer for me as can only wear flip flops and nothing else.

I’m currently getting this at night too. I don’t know what to do about it! I feel like I’ve tried everything and have been sleeping under a thin duvet with the window wide open and barely any clothes on in bed and I’m still waking up sweating every night. Thinking about contacting my GP - not sure if I should be worried!

I am generally freezing during the day too. It only gets me at night!

I use certain dri, works really well for me and im at the point where i only need to use it every few days. It does itch though!

I have hyperhidrosis! Mitchum unscented roll on is my holy grail. Put on a layer, let it dry and add another layer. Also, my sweat is not a clear liquid it is slightly cloudy and causes yellow staining on my clothes. I have to wash them on a hot wash otherwise the sweat dries crusty even if the clothes are washed. For underboob sweat, I only ever wear sports bras because the sweat doesn't collect.

I've been living with it since age 14 so about 9 years. It just takes a lot of trial and error. Also, try not to be embarrassed! If you ever feel bad about it just explain that it's a medical condition and I find people are quite understanding.

Reactions: 3
I have hyperhidrosis! Mitchum unscented roll on is my holy grail. Put on a layer, let it dry and add another layer. Also, my sweat is not a clear liquid it is slightly cloudy and causes yellow staining on my clothes. I have to wash them on a hot wash otherwise the sweat dries crusty even if the clothes are washed. For underboob sweat, I only ever wear sports bras because the sweat doesn't collect.

I've been living with it since age 14 so about 9 years. It just takes a lot of trial and error. Also, try not to be embarrassed! If you ever feel bad about it just explain that it's a medical condition and I find people are quite understanding.
I use Mitchum spray but didn’t realise their roll on would be that good!

does anyone have a particular deodorant or other remedy for back sweat?

For those saying you sweat badly at night. Please see a doc. This was happening to me too and I ended up being diagnosed with lymphoma, which is apparently a common symptom. Not trying to scare anyone but I'd rather mention it and warn people.

Reactions: 4
Glad I found this thread, I have always sweated quite a bit, would get into work and Would worry I actually smelt! Have had to throw work tops in the bin etc as haven't been able to get the sweat smell out. Makes me so paranoid! I have just ordered some dricolour on amazon :)