Hyperhidrosis - excessive sweating.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My brother has it but with his feet! It’s awful, his socks are really damp at the end of the day with it. Nagging him to go to the doctors to see what treatment he could get for it. I’ve heard there’s some kind of electric pulse therapy that sorts it- has anyone had it? Is it available on the nhs?
There's a treatment available called Miradry which essentially is a laser treatment that permanently eliminates the odour and sweat glands in your armpits. I don't think it's available on the NHS (yet) although there are a number of clinics in London that offer it. It is pricey admittedly (like £1500) but from what I have read the results are essentially permanent. It could be worth asking about.

I've suffered from hyperhidrosis under my arms for years - I've tried Driclor and whilst it's definitely reduced my sweating to an extent it's a bit hit and miss. Botox seems pretty effective but would end up being extortionate given that it's only temporary. I just graduated university last year so hoping to save up and eventually opt for a more permanent solution like Miradry tbh.

Reactions: 1
I suffered from this under my arms in particular and I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned Anhydrol Forte, it's a medicated roll on got in the pharmacy, literally changed my life overnight! Be careful though, read the instructions 👌🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 2
My husband suffers from this. He has a pro-banthine prescription, he takes one or two tablets when he leaves the house, they work amazingly!

Another recommendation for Driclor here. I've had episodes of an overactive thyroid in the past and literally poured sweat during those times. Years ago I used to apply it everywhere: armpits, creases and literally roll it across my forehead at one point.

It's been ages since I used it but does anyone know if it works on nightsweats? Im waking up drenched some nights. It's so grim.

I’ve never suffered from it but I have a friend who did and she swore by Botox under the armpits. Worked for her. Not sure if that helps x

I used to get it quite bad underarm, I've used Mitchum roll on for years and that seems to have solved it. One thing I can't solve is my facial sweating which gets me down soooo much, the only positive of the last 12 months is that I haven't had it as badly. Does anyone know what would work fof serious facial sweating please?

I have facial hyperhidrosis and I’ve went to the extremes of putting driclor on my face, boy does it sting lol. I wish there was an easy way to get rid of it. I can’t really afford Botox :oops:

• Sad
Reactions: 3
We did offer Iontophoresis treatment at the hospital I work at but unfortunately this has been withdrawn during the current crisis. Let's hope all services will be resumed throughout our hospitals soon.

Someone mentioned a laser type treatment on another thread, which has permanent results. I looked into it and I’m thinking about having it done. Can’t remember what it was called now but I’ll have a look!

Ignore me, it’s literally a few posts back on this thread 😂 baby brain! Mirafry - it looks really good

Last edited:
We did offer Iontophoresis treatment at the hospital I work at but unfortunately this has been withdrawn during the current crisis. Let's hope all services will be resumed throughout our hospitals soon.
I own an iontophoresis machine for personal use at home. I’ve had it for years now. It has changed my life. I treat my hands and feet 1-2 times a week and the sweating has completely stopped. Words can’t explain how much it can change a person’s life. I bought it from SweatGuard online.

Reactions: 3
I own an iontophoresis machine for personal use at home. I’ve had it for years now. It has changed my life. I treat my hands and feet 1-2 times a week and the sweating has completely stopped. Words can’t explain how much it can change a person’s life. I bought it from SweatGuard online.
I'm going to look into this. Thank you for the recommendation!

• Heart
I'm really glad this works well for you.

A lady I work with has this and she goes every year to have Botox in each arm pit through the NHS and she said it’s the best thing she’s ever done, and she hasn’t started sweating anywhere else more ☺

So I booked a consultation after finding a doctor who treats craniofacial hyperhidrosis. This could potentially change my life! Next available appointment is September so between now and then I’m saving up 🤞

My OH is very sweaty, he did used to get a roll on from the GP but hasnt had it for a long time. Ruins pillows!!

But honestly, i have such a sweaty bum 🤦🏻‍♀️ i dread sitting on a plastic chair and there being a big sweat patch when i get up. I panic wearing lighter jeans too.

I suffered from this under my arms in particular and I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned Anhydrol Forte, it's a medicated roll on got in the pharmacy, literally changed my life overnight! Be careful though, read the instructions 👌🏼
Agree this stuff is amazing!!! I used it for my wedding day as I didn’t want to sweat or leave any tan marks on my dress. I recommend it to everyone now 💪🏻 A friend of mine uses it all the time as he is very self conscious about his excessive sweating. He can’t be without it. He’s been able to cut down the usage aswell over time which is great

Agree this stuff is amazing!!! I used it for my wedding day as I didn’t want to sweat or leave any tan marks on my dress. I recommend it to everyone now 💪🏻 A friend of mine uses it all the time as he is very self conscious about his excessive sweating. He can’t be without it. He’s been able to cut down the usage aswell over time which is great
I'm the same! Used it as needed for a few years or so and don't need to unless I want to be doubley sure in the heat now 😊

I have facial hyperhidrosis and I’ve went to the extremes of putting driclor on my face, boy does it sting lol. I wish there was an easy way to get rid of it. I can’t really afford Botox :oops:
I did acupuncture for my facial sweating and it cleared it up. Haven't had an issue since.

• Wow