Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

moimoi

VIP Member
Driclor is your best friend!!! It worked wonders for me and each roll on lasts forever. Order the 60ml one online or ask your dr to prescribe it as I think Boots only does 20ml, the 60ml isn't that much more expensive online or on prescription.

I'm currently pregnant and not allowed to use it, so I've got 20 more weeks of being a sweaty mess. :cry:

Reactions: 5

boobear191

I know this thread hasn’t been active for a bit but, probably sounds so stupid, I feel anxious/stupid lol ringing the doctor about excessive sweating but I’m at the point I literally can’t deal with it anymore, it doesn’t matter if it’s -2 degrees, snowing, hailing or just a normal day.. I’m constantly dripping sweat, it’s ruining my t shirts (underarm sweat) no matter what I put on; how much antiperspirant I put on etc, the back of my knees sweat so bad too, no idea why. which makes me come out in a rash that’s itchy/sore, under boob sweat! I don’t even know how to go about ‘getting help’ with it does anyone have any advice for a dumb 21 year old pls haha!

Ive had to get myself a ceiling fan in my room because having a window open just doesn’t cut it, it’s horrible!!
I get so anxious even the thought of ringing the doctor, mostly getting past the receptionists I end up completely muddling my words up because I’m scared they’re going to be like, sorry we can’t help that’s not a serious issue etc .. but I’m beyond drained from it what would you even say to a receptionist in this situation??😩 sorry for the ramble x

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Dogwithabone

Chatty Member
Hi I was wondering if anyone here suffers with/ has any advice on excessive underarm sweating.

I have always suffered with this but as I’ve gotten into my twenties it has come atrocious. I am Changing my tops constantly they are soaked through within the hour. I have tried all sorts of OTC remedies - to no avail. I am at my wits end, I feel disgusting I can’t even wear a coat in this weather as I sweat so much I then will need to wash my coat after I’ve worn it every time! My tops still smell after I have washed them😢

Emmarowleyhun

For those saying you sweat badly at night. Please see a doc. This was happening to me too and I ended up being diagnosed with lymphoma, which is apparently a common symptom. Not trying to scare anyone but I'd rather mention it and warn people.

Petulant_vlogger

I have hyperhidrosis! Mitchum unscented roll on is my holy grail. Put on a layer, let it dry and add another layer. Also, my sweat is not a clear liquid it is slightly cloudy and causes yellow staining on my clothes. I have to wash them on a hot wash otherwise the sweat dries crusty even if the clothes are washed. For underboob sweat, I only ever wear sports bras because the sweat doesn't collect.

I've been living with it since age 14 so about 9 years. It just takes a lot of trial and error. Also, try not to be embarrassed! If you ever feel bad about it just explain that it's a medical condition and I find people are quite understanding.

Reactions: 3

Dishthedirt2021

VIP Member
I have facial hyperhidrosis and I’ve went to the extremes of putting driclor on my face, boy does it sting lol. I wish there was an easy way to get rid of it. I can’t really afford Botox :oops:

• Sad

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
Hi guys! Parking myself here because I feel like I may have hyperhidrosis, or at least I sweat excessively. An example is, if im walking to the shop (5 min walk), and it’s a brisk pace, in 20 degree heat, my entire back will be drenched. My underarms, under boob too. It’s massively inconvenient but I don’t know if I would get a diagnosis because I don’t sweat much at night, and sometimes I don’t sweat, it’s on and off. So I have no idea

but even when I use the Mitchum deodorant, I still sweat. I’m looking into other treatments to see what could work! :)

• Heart

Sally1993

Chatty Member
We did offer Iontophoresis treatment at the hospital I work at but unfortunately this has been withdrawn during the current crisis. Let's hope all services will be resumed throughout our hospitals soon.
I own an iontophoresis machine for personal use at home. I’ve had it for years now. It has changed my life. I treat my hands and feet 1-2 times a week and the sweating has completely stopped. Words can’t explain how much it can change a person’s life. I bought it from SweatGuard online.

Phoenix Lazarus

VIP Member
I suffer from excessive sweating-but it is concentrated on my back. Perspiration pours from that area when it is hot or I am exerting heavily.

pumpkinfeet

My husband had TES surgery for his hyperhydrosis under his arms on the NHS about 17 years ago. He’s had no problems since, and no compensatory sweating. Not sure if it’s still an option on the NHS.

Reactions: 2

Today123

My husband suffers from this. He has a pro-banthine prescription, he takes one or two tablets when he leaves the house, they work amazingly!

SazzyB

Hi - whilst I don’t have hyperhidrosis myself it is something my partner has been living with since his early 20s. He tries to use Dricolor from the chemist. He has been told that having Botox injections would help although the side effect means that another part of your body could start to sweat more so for the time being he has decided to leave it be & just try to manage as best he can. It’s probably one of the most annoying and unknown diseases people don’t know about. I know it can really harm your confidence but please try to not let it get you down. :)

Happyvalley

VIP Member
Have you found that sweating increased in other areas? My GP mentioned having sweat glands removed when I went a few years ago but I wasn’t sure about it
I had a sympathectomy op for excessive hand sweating about 20 years ago now and it worked brilliantly for about 3 years but then I started to suffer with compensatory sweating elsewhere, on my back and my groin area (groin is the worst, can only wear dark clothes on the bottom now). The hand sweating returned too. Don’t want to put you off but the compensatory sweating can happen with these procedures. But like I say it was 20 years ago and I’m sure treatment has moved on.

Barra

Just an update - I posted before as I was suffering greatly with this issue. I was on Effexor. Changed to a different medication and am now back to normal sweating! Changed my quality of life massively. If anyone is in the same boat and on Effexor I would recommend you talking to your dr to find an alternative ❤

I suffered from this under my arms in particular and I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned Anhydrol Forte, it's a medicated roll on got in the pharmacy, literally changed my life overnight! Be careful though, read the instructions 👌🏼

• Heart

GiggleBee

VIP Member
I have facial hyperhidrosis and I’ve went to the extremes of putting driclor on my face, boy does it sting lol. I wish there was an easy way to get rid of it. I can’t really afford Botox :oops:
I did acupuncture for my facial sweating and it cleared it up. Haven't had an issue since.

• Wow

Dishthedirt2021

VIP Member
So I booked a consultation after finding a doctor who treats craniofacial hyperhidrosis. This could potentially change my life! Next available appointment is September so between now and then I’m saving up 🤞

ack13

I had hyperhidrosis under my arms for years, driclor didn’t work and the Botox only provided a temporary relief. I eventually got some of the sweat glands taken out (under local anaesthetic, it was the strangest feeling!) which has been amazing.

• Wow