Huw Edwards #14

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
šŸ¤­ He must have had a whole new wardrobe back then. šŸ’Ŗ

The Mohawk comments made me laugh. That was a very close crop indeed.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
I would love to see Huw actually do Strictly (sorry šŸ¤£). Imagine his facial expressions, it would be so entertaining. šŸ•ŗšŸæ

• Haha
Reactions: 5
It would be and he would LOVE it, no doubt.
---
Actually, in the typical UK celeb redemption tradition (the jungle, Big Brother, Strictly, etc), his best shot at any media thing right now probably is light entertainment. Which I wonder if that wasnā€™t something he secretly actually was quite keen on. I understand that it wouldnā€™t have been compatible with his news job but now that he most likely doesnā€™t have that job, do we think heā€™ll go for it (if offered)?

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
It would be and he would LOVE it, no doubt.
---
Actually, in the typical UK celeb redemption tradition (the jungle, Big Brother, Strictly, etc), his best shot at any media thing right now probably is light entertainment. Which I wonder if that wasnā€™t something he secretly actually was quite keen on. I understand that it wouldnā€™t have been compatible with his news job but now that he most likely doesnā€™t have that job, do we think heā€™ll go for it (if offered)?

I think he might? It would be a good way of getting back into the public eye and into peopleā€™s good books again while also reinventing/relaunching himself. He would probably have to make some sort of statement beforehand though to be ā€œacceptedā€ again (šŸ™„), because most people are probably going to feel like they need an explanation of some sort.

I was watching Strictly last night and the Channel 4 newsreader taking part made me think of Huw.

Reactions: 2
Huw could do Strictly in a pair of leather chaps. Making sure everyone gets a view of his pert arse.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Former House Speaker John Bercow is doing The Traitors in the US. Ledge!

The other obvious route to claw your way back to relevance is a podcast (preferable with Gary Linekerā€™s Goalhanger podcasts) but from what Iā€™ve heard him say, Huw dislikes podcasts. Hmph.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I'm from the Llanelli area and have some intel from a school friend of HE that he's currently home with his mum and apparently has been for a few weeks now, and the cherry on the cake is he wants to go back to reading the news.
well well well, a man can dream

• Wow
Reactions: 19
I wonder if heā€™s separated from his wife if heā€™s staying with his mum? Iā€™m surprised he hasnā€˜t been seen in public yet, but then maybe the press are scared to publish anything because of his mental health. I suppose compared with Brand and to a lesser Schofield, heā€™s just been an idiot rather than an out and out perve, but how can anyone ever take him seriously reading the news and presenting important national event again when weā€™ve all seen his backside?

Reactions: 10
I dunno, can you imagine him sitting in his mumā€™s lounge twiddling his thumbs and not going on social media? Not liking any post, not following or unfollowing people? Not making a Threads account. Also, apparently not going outside because heā€™s not been spotted anywhere. The total blackout makes me think his devices ā€œhave been taken awayā€, i.e. heā€™s in treatment somewhere.

I'm from the Llanelli area and have some intel from a school friend of HE that he's currently home with his mum and apparently has been for a few weeks now, and the cherry on the cake is he wants to go back to reading the news.
To be honest I don't think it's impossible when he's well enough. Probably not in as high profile a role, though, and not necessarily for the BBC.

Reactions: 3
Hey (kinda) neighbour!
I bloody KNEW heā€™d be back there. Iā€™d have bet my absolute last penny on it.

• Heart
Iā€™ve said it before but I really hope his mum has been shielded from the more salacious (and ridiculous) allegations about Huw that are floating about, i.e., the stupid pea-dough accusations.

I wonder if heā€™s separated from his wife if heā€™s staying with his mum? Iā€™m surprised he hasnā€˜t been seen in public yet, but then maybe the press are scared to publish anything because of his mental health. I suppose compared with Brand and to a lesser Schofield, heā€™s just been an idiot rather than an out and out perve, but how can anyone ever take him seriously reading the news and presenting important national event again when weā€™ve all seen his backside?
Unless he can prove or even just argue that the photo was fakedā€¦or that it was an online GP consultation that was mysteriously hacked. šŸ«£

I dunno, can you imagine him sitting in his mumā€™s lounge twiddling his thumbs and not going on social media? Not liking any post, not following or unfollowing people? Not making a Threads account. Also, apparently not going outside because heā€™s not been spotted anywhere. The total blackout makes me think his devices ā€œhave been taken awayā€, i.e. heā€™s in treatment somewhere.
Is it possible he is still being advised by AC not to go near his own social media until the BBCā€™s investigation has been concluded, and/or he releases his own statement? I agree though that if he was out, then surely SOMEONE would have seen himā€¦unless heā€™s been in heavy disguise.

Reactions: 1