Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LadyMuck

VIP Member
He should be a bit better by now, so why not a word. Why hasn't he issued a statement through his wife or legal team. He's hoping this is all going to go away.

Man up and face the music!

Reactions: 5

SkippyDoo

Chatty Member
Looking at the mocked up messages again it really was nothing if this is everything they said to one another. A handful of polite messages over a two year period. Ok so we don’t know how it escalated from 2020 but by then the 17 year old was an adult and it’s not like there was as extensive communication between them or Huw initiated it again after two years with no contact.
I feel sorry for everyone involved that it got so blown up
View attachment 2891074
These are not the messages Huw got in trouble for but common sense would suggest an adult shouldn’t talk to anyone (except a family member it’s normal to communicate with) online in private messages they know or suspect to be under 18, about anything.

If that wasn’t a condition of a BBC employment contract, especially with an account identifiable as being of a BBC employee, before now, I expect it’s in there now.

thegossboss92

Article on that BBC Mission Statement video that was posted a few weeks ago.

Myrie’s prominence on the video was not lost on some BBC staffers who tuned in for the all-hands digital meeting on September 12. With few now expecting the suspended presenter Huw Edwards to return to the corporation’s screens, Myrie is seen by many as the next “frontman” of BBC News.

“In a sense it’s already out there, isn’t it?” said one rival presenter. “Clive Myrie’s presenting the News at Ten.”

Any announcement about Myrie becoming lead presenter of the BBC’s flagship television news programme will not be made until Edwards’s fate is known. A fact-finding investigation by the BBC is said to have been completed, but it is not known when a resolution may be reached.”

thegossboss92

Exactly. Why all the non-stories and no update from the BBC or from Huw? 🤔
I was thinking about this yesterday. Why the BBC are still quiet I really don’t know but I can imagine that from Huw’s pov, he needs to have a few things in order before it makes sense to break his silence (if he’s still interested in being a public person):

- his employment situation with the BBC needs to be resolved. He needs to be either in or out and not in limbo waiting on what will happen with that. So he needs to be fired or reinstated or have a different role or retire. Just something definitive.

- he’s got some ‘splaining to do. Is he ready for that? Is he ready for the barrage of tabloids tearing him to pieces again?

- if no more BBC, he needs to know what’s next for him. Is he going to write a book? Is he “taking time out to work on himself?”. Is he getting divorced? Is he starting a B&B in the French countryside? Is he going to walk the Welsh coastal path? Just anything that he can talk about.

I would think that these are the minimum requirements for a confessional piece to make sense, even if it’s done in the most sensitive way.

As a side note, I’ve also wondered for weeks now if AC would want to hold off until the Christmas period to catch people when they are perhaps in a bit more charitable spirit but I don’t know whether that’s just a Hallmark fantasy or not.

Last edited:
  • Heart

neroli

VIP Member
Huw's wife just used the mental health card which is very effective in these "#be kind times". Schofield tried to do the same in that interview but it didn't have the same effect as a wife trying to protect her poor husband who apparently had been hospitalised and was to be kept away from the world at all costs in order to work on his recovery..

ItsDatCuw

VIP Member
I recently spoke to a couple of legal eagles who are in the arts and entertainments contracts industry. They said the way HE disappeared is exactly the best route and there could have been no other way suggested to him by the very best minds. They also said the best thing he can do is stay silent *forever* and that any potential police inquiries or criminal charges will absolutely have been held in abeyance until he's declared 'fit' and that this day may never come if he's got the best of a sympathetic private psychiatrist to do his bidding. I say sympathetic as it's not being implied that psychiatrists are criminal masterminds on behalf of their clients but heh they could go a long way to looking like that.

Also, they speculated should he become 'well' enough to negotiate his termination of contract with the BBC quietly, which is a private and confidential matter, and should the police not have anything to question him about and should he choose to not ever make any public statements or speak to the press... it's quite possible he may disappear, never be heard of again.

Made a lot of sense to me.
It definitely makes sense. As you say, he may just quietly “retire” at this point.

If that happens, would we even hear the outcome of the BBC’s internal investigation, I wonder? I mean would it still be considered as something of public interest, if he’s “retired” and is no longer in the public eye?

neroli

VIP Member
Whoever stole his phone has the potential to become very rich...

HE sounds as if he has some deeply unpleasant character traits.

Hehehe!
I do wonder if HE and PS’s paths crossed. Professionally or else they were messaging the same young lads. Battle of the bare celeb arses!

Last edited:
  • Haha

thegossboss92

I hope he’s not sat at home feeling sorry for himself because those nasty parents got involved and dared to worry about their son.
I agree with you here. Self-pity is not helpful. I can only imagine that is what part of the treatment is for, after the acute intervention part is done, is to help shift patients’ mindset and help them accept and move on?

I know nothing about mental health care and I assume its different for everyone but wallowing in self-pity probably ain’t it.

As always, I’ll be here on Tattle to goss about every snippet we hear. 🫡

Miss Havisham

VIP Member
We shouldn't pretend that homophobia doesn't exist and it's that which probably caused the deceit in both cases
Homophobia definitely exists - but I don’t believe that this is the issue here. The problem is older, successful, wealthy people (holding a position of power), taking advantage of the young and vulnerable.
if they had both left their wives for male partners - it would have been all over the daily mail for a day or two, before fizzling out. They would both still have their jobs.

• Heart

neroli

VIP Member
I don't think he is necessarily 'milking the system' with his disappearance. Mental health is very complex and entirely non linear, so you can go for periods where you feel a lot brighter and then the slightest thing can set you back. I am not excusing any of his behaviour, but I personally believe (and yes it is just an opinion) that he attempted to take his own life and is recovering in the aftermath. In any case, none of us can really know the truth and all of this is just speculation. But I'm not personally comfortable with dismissing his illness just because it's not a wholly physical disorder.

Schofield can get in the bin mind, with all that passive aggressive bullshit about knowing how Caroline Flack must have been feeling.
It would be interesting to know whether he would still be considered "unfit" if he were in an NHS facility.