Huw Edwards #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m not going to get too much into this because this kind of talk makes me sick, but look up “Suicide of Sunil Tripathi” - he was misidentified (by Reddit originally I believe) as the perpetrator of the Boston Marathon Bombings and as a result died by suicide. Just an example of why an innocent man may attempt suicide.
Not really a fair comparison he was being accused of killing all those people with zero evidence whereas HE is accused of being a naughty boy with some degree of evidence
---
I’m not going to get too much into this because this kind of talk makes me sick, but look up “Suicide of Sunil Tripathi” - he was misidentified (by Reddit originally I believe) as the perpetrator of the Boston Marathon Bombings and as a result died by suicide. Just an example of why an innocent man may attempt suicide.
Have you got confused here? This guy had taken his life before the bombing actually occurred?

Reactions: 2
Not really a fair comparison he was being accused of killing all those people with zero evidence whereas HE is accused of being a naughty boy with some degree of evidence
---

Have you got confused here? This guy had taken his life before the bombing actually occurred?
Had he? Maybe I misremembered. I just remember it being a massive thing on Reddit and there was the famous line “We did it Reddit!” and then the man was sadly reported to have taken his own life. If i misremembered then sorry. I should have chosen a better example. There are plenty of “innocent” people who take their own lives. My mum ended her life, and granted she was not accused of anything but it had everything to do with mental health problems and nothing to do with anything she had or hadn’t done. I don’t think a suicide attempt proves anything.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Having your name associated with being a nonce plastered over the news for a week will be enough to push anyone over the edge whether you actually did it or not. His career is over and probably his marriage too. I don't feel sorry for him at all, but it's not hard to imagine why he'd want to end it all.

Reactions: 21
Having your name associated with being a nonce plastered over the news for a week will be enough to push anyone over the edge whether you actually did it or not. His career is over and probably his marriage too. I don't feel sorry for him at all, but it's not hard to imagine why he'd want to end it all.
Exactly, I’m not defending him, but whatever he’s done or not done he’s essentially lost everything and that’s a lot of a person to deal with.

Reactions: 15
I agree. Except I can’t help but feel sorry for him and I don’t quite know why? Schofield’s
Demise I loved every minute of but that’s because he’s an awful person generally and he was horrifically smug. I never got unstable vibe from HE. Interestingly when I heard Jon Sopel talk on GMB he said although he knew Huw they weren’t close friend and he could be difficult and territorial about the news room.

I wonder what HE really thinks of Clive Myrie given how everyone was fawning over him after his reporting from Kiev and he seems to be universally popular.. Could there be jealousy there?

Reactions: 7
I think Huw would be a very honourable man and he possibly was experimenting with his sexuality and wouldn’t have thought for one moment it would all blow up like this . However we are all adults and know the risks , like I said this young lad could have posted it on social media or contacted any media agency , an older man who has been in the public eye for many years should have been more savvy ffs

I think Huw would be a very honourable man and he possibly was experimenting with his sexuality and wouldn’t have thought for one moment it would all blow up like this . However we are all adults and know the risks , like I said this young lad could have posted it on social media or contacted any media agency , an older man who has been in the public eye for many years should have been more savvy ffs
When my Grandma was speaking to me about this she said “It sounds like another case of a very stupid man.” and I think she’s probably right!

Reactions: 13
I wonder what HE really thinks of Clive Myrie given how everyone was fawning over him after his reporting from Kiev and he seems to be universally popular.. Could there be jealousy there?
I thought Clive was a serious newsreader ... then I saw his cringey performance on HIGNFY, and a bit of one of those awful travel shows/tourist adverts. Seems he's trying to branch out and become a showbiz luvvie. He's not popular with me, I find him quite fake and annoying. Having said that, I feel like that about a lot of people on TV, so it's probably cynical old me. :LOL:

Reactions: 4
I’m not going to get too much into this because this kind of talk makes me sick, but look up “Suicide of Sunil Tripathi” - he was misidentified (by Reddit originally I believe) as the perpetrator of the Boston Marathon Bombings and as a result died by suicide.
I might be misremembering, but I thought he was already dead by the time Reddit identified him? He'd been missing since before the bombing, iirc.

Reactions: 3
A ’nonce’ is a person that has committed a sexual crime! Huw Edwards has not done anything illegal!

A ’nonce’ is a person that has committed a sexual crime! Huw Edwards has not done anything illegal!
Read it again. I've underlined the key parts.

"Having your name associated with being a nonce plastered over the news for a week will be enough to push anyone over the edge whether you actually did it or not. His career is over and probably his marriage too. I don't feel sorry for him at all, but it's not hard to imagine why he'd want to end it all. "

Reactions: 9
the police dont have evidence of anything illegal - yet

there is a slight difference , i wouldnt say he was innocent
---
So everyone who attempts suicide has done something wrong? Broken the law in some way? Done something really bad? Really?
you are trying to generalise suicide ..... and its not relevant to what i said .

in this context and in light of the allogations associated with him its unique to him .

the police dont have evidence of anything illegal - yet

there is a slight difference , i wouldnt say he was innocent
You're walking a fine line. If I were to say to the police "I believe Barabra has committed a crime" and the police investigated and found there was no evidence of illegality, would it then be fair to say that you Barabra are not innocent, just not yet proven guilty?

The presumption of innocence is a human right but whatevs right?

Reactions: 12
---
Exactly this. I can make a good comparison instead of a rubbish one.

A senior Clinical Psychologist and Psychotherapist who had initially been head-hunted to set up the entire NHS Personality Disorders Treatment Service for two large central London boroughs, took his own life aged 59 years old. Google 'NHS trust criticised after psychologist arrested 2010' on the Independent Newspaper site.

He had been senior and founding member of staff of that service, aimed at treating exceptionally vulnerable women, often severely traumatised with a history of childhood abuse. Turned out he was having sex with the vulnerable female clients during their 1:1 sessions at the 'clinic' (actually a hospital building in the grounds of a large north London NHS mental health unit). He had moved one woman who was actively in the treatment programme into his home and bestowed expensive gifts and money. This 'relationship' only came to light when she tried to leave him and he panicked, wouldn't let her go, and bombarded her with hundreds of angry and controlling text messages. At which point she became so scared she reported and confessed to her psychiatric nurse.

He was immediately suspended from work and then quickly sacked and struck off the medical register. The NHS did their utmost to cover it up and keep it quiet - to this day there are people who work for that service who have no idea - but it reached the national press and some people know about it. At his dismissal hearing, he told the panel that the women were inappropriately sexually behaved due to their issues and it wasn't his fault. Imagine.

It was later found out that he had been doing this sexual activity and inappropriate behaviour with multiple women several of whom had already taken their own lives. Their case files were handed over to the police for full investigation and he was charged and bailed. Then it went quiet. I was tracking this invesigation and couldn't work out why it never went anywhere. Then I did an online search of deaths and it turned out he had been found dead after going missing, aka seems to have taken his own life.

ALL of those women were well over the age of 18. But they were vulnerable and he abuse his power, status, advantage, and psychological knowledge to abuse them. Some are dead. He didn't directly murder them no doubt but he sure as heck put nails in their coffins.

When faced with the consequences of his actions, I'm sure he did have a mental breakdown and he surely did take his own life.

At what point do we make it all about him and his welfare and how his family must feel and -not- about the crimes and immoral, unethical, and toxic behaviour? Ditto HE and ditto PS and all of their ilk IMO.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
How did the resignation announcement happen

They read off the auto cue so it must have said he has resigned otherwise why did she say it does anybody know?

Reactions: 2
It's not as it goes, it's just someone socially unacceptable and therefore not able to mix with mainstream prison population. Not On Normal Courtyard Excercise. However it's been adopted at a sex offender of underage persons.
---
How did the resignation announcement happen

They read off the auto cue so it must have said he has resigned otherwise why did she say it does anybody know?
I'm sure he's being sacked so it would serve him well to jump in first with a resignation letter before they have a chance to speak to him to sack him but really that's dirty tricks and manipulation if he has.

Often an institution will invite a person to hand in their resignation if they're on the way out for poor performance etc but in this case the BBC *needs* to be seen to have sacked him. So if he's circumvented this sacking by doing a sneaky resignation whilst he's legally uncontactable that's just the icing on the cake IMO.

Reactions: 7
It's not as it goes, it's just someone socially unacceptable and therefore not able to mix with mainstream prison population. Not On Normal Courtyard Excercise. However it's been adopted at a sex offender of underage persons.
---
That’s a “today I learned” for me! Interesting, thanks.
---
I might be misremembering, but I thought he was already dead by the time Reddit identified him? He'd been missing since before the bombing, iirc.
Turns out I can’t do a simple google and rely on my (not very reliable) memory 😂

Reactions: 5
I'm sure he's being sacked so it would serve him well to jump in first with a resignation letter before they have a chance to speak to him to sack him but really that's dirty tricks and manipulation if he has.

Often an institution will invite a person to hand in their resignation if they're on the way out for poor performance etc but in this case the BBC *needs* to be seen to have sacked him. So if he's circumvented this sacking by doing a sneaky resignation whilst he's legally uncontactable that's just the icing on the cake IMO.
“In the last few minutes he has announced his resignation”

It’s read off the auto cue so has been passed by various people to announce then quickly retracted that’s a pretty big mistake to make

It’s read off the auto cue so has been passed by various people to announce then quickly retracted that’s a pretty big mistake to make

ERm... it quite clearly states *emphatically* and repeatedly 'he has not resigned'.

So what are we talking about here?? How did it happen IMO:

IMO it's a really great way for the BBC to introduce a scenario where they get to mention that he HAS NOT RESIGNED several times. They need to sack him. The autocue was a perfect introduction to the subject. It's either an error or a brilliant construct and plebs like us will never know...

Someone behind the scenes possibly just fugged up, putting “has resigned” on the auto cue, forgetting to include the “not” in between. 😂

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.