Huw Edwards #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As a former psychiatric nurse I would like to argue with the assumption that people can't become more disinhibited in their fifties or older. It can be an early sign of dementia or other brain disorder. I am thinking of Mo Mowlan who was known for not closing the toilet door. In her case it was probably due to the brain tumour which caused her death. I am not trying to give an armchair diagnosis just saying that Hugh may not have been buying nudes for decades.

Reactions: 16
I dont think Huw has a problem with becoming more disinhibitated (sp?) he just has a problem with being found out.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
100% agree. What knocked me sick about this specific incident is that this man was 59 years old when this was discovered. People don't suddenly start predating the vulnerable at his age. He must have been doing it for decades. The case files that were handed to the police were only from recent history and not spanning his entire work life or even entire time at that service. Also he would have been in contact with even far more vulnerable and even younger women and children plus the very elderly in other contexts outside of that one specific service, for example on locked psychiatric wards, on juvenile wards, maybe refugees or immigrants who speak no English, or maybe even dealing with children.

Had he not topped himself he would have kept his pension, I assume his pension went to his next of kin. And for what, pension contributions paid by the NHS for a life time career of abusing people? So sick.
100% agree. What knocked me sick about this specific incident is that this man was 59 years old when this was discovered. People don't suddenly start predating the vulnerable at his age. He must have been doing it for decades. The case files that were handed to the police were only from recent history and not spanning his entire work life or even entire time at that service. Also he would have been in contact with even far more vulnerable and even younger women and children plus the very elderly in other contexts outside of that one specific service, for example on locked psychiatric wards, on juvenile wards, maybe refugees or immigrants who speak no English, or maybe even dealing with children.

Had he not topped himself he would have kept his pension, I assume his pension went to his next of kin. And for what, pension contributions paid by the NHS for a life time career of abusing people? So sick.
I share your repugnance at all this. I've come into contact with a number of victims of these psychs over the years and done a deal of research into NHS role, enablement, silencing tactics (of victims and ancillary staff, the secondary victims), offending tactics etc etc. The stories I've heard have been harrowing.
As you say, invariably each of the offenders have made more than one victim, often there's a string of them. Some of whom only emerge when they hear about a court case. One reason why most cases don't get that far - and because the damages in some cases are eye-wateringly high.

As you highlight, we are paying for all this.
To me it's profoundly corrupt and when you think about e.g. the average number of GPs erased every year (52*) for sexually abusing their women patients as well as the 84%* of women patients who are chronically maltreated and dismissed by doctors this abuse/exploitation/ cover-up culture is beyond a national scandal.

It looks very much to me though that it's reflective of the wider national culture.
*UK Gov figures
---
As a former psychiatric nurse I would like to argue with the assumption that people can't become more disinhibited in their fifties or older. It can be an early sign of dementia or other brain disorder. I am thinking of Mo Mowlan who was known for not closing the toilet door. In her case it was probably due to the brain tumour which caused her death. I am not trying to give an armchair diagnosis just saying that Hugh may not have been buying nudes for decades.
Yes, good point. I've thought of a brain disease in HE's case before. It's probably the only reason I'd be sympathetic.
At Uni we had a professor who brought representations of Christ's todger into ALL his lectures and would talk endlessly of its importance to our culture. It was a bit off at first and then looked much like some weird sort of abuse because by chance we were a group of 80% females. It turned out that he had a brain tumour. Poor chap.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Thanks for mentioning this, I must admit I'd had similar thoughts due to having two family members who started to act completely out of character and they both ended up with dementia style diagnoses.

So this has also crossed my mind re HE, but I couldn't articulate it properly. Your post explains it really well x

Reactions: 8
I mean it’s possible, but it’s unlikely isn’t it? The rates of abusive men far outnumber the amount of people who lose their inhibitions because of dementia aged 61, beginning in their late 50s.

also, do dementia patients retain their ability to use their phones, social media and hold down a job whilst simultaneously losing their inhibitions with no other inhibitions being lost? Huw hasn’t, for example, started blurting inappropriate things on air. This is very specific to him contacting young men for sex/nudes/whatever

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Admittedly, I have only skimmed this thread, but in similar threads there is generally the assumption that, in a situation where an older man has something questionable going on with a younger one, the latter is a “victim”. When a man has a high profile he has to be very careful that he never ends up where he could be the victim of his predelictions. A famous guy with money and everything to lose is ripe pickings and could easily be manipulated or blackmailed into parting with large sums of money. Not every youth walking the streets is innocent. Young offenders institutes can verify that.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Admittedly, I have only skimmed this thread, but in similar threads there is generally the assumption that, in a situation where an older man has something questionable going on with a younger one, the latter is a “victim”. When a man has a high profile he has to be very careful that he never ends up where he could be the victim of his predelictions. A famous guy with money and everything to lose is ripe pickings and could easily be manipulated or blackmailed into parting with large sums of money. Not every youth walking the streets is innocent. Young offenders institutes can verify that.
I’m facepalming so much I’m in pain

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13

Easily blackmailed into asking for pictures of their cocks and balls?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Then a high profile presenter shouldn't put himself in that position of "potential blackmail".
As the awful Emily Maitlis said, and I agree, 'if you don't want to be the story, don't become the story'

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Perhaps he should've just stayed loyal to his wife then wouldn't even be here.

Reactions: 15
I was thinking, wasn't Frank Bough sacked and pilloried the the press? For his behaviour with other adults? How come the bbc were so quick to remove him yet are not with HE.

Reactions: 7
I'm just gonna put this out there. This might sound totally insane but I'd like to see Huw come back and explain it all. Call me nosey, dirty or whatnot but I'm still very curious and interested in how a married father of 5 becomes interested in young men in his 60s - if that is the case.

Huw could be candid and put the B into LGBTQIA+ through a series of well publicised programmes on the BBC. They would love that! Maybe we could hear his wife's side of the story as well. Are they 60s swingers?

I'd love an open confession and a comeback. George Michael turned it around when he was caught begging for cock in an LA toilet. Couldn't Huw do something similar? After all, we've been told that nothing illegal occurred.

Discuss.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
So he manages to behave completely appropriately and normally in every aspect of his life, including being that of key face of the BBC to the point where he announced the Queen's death and the King's coronation... but... according to a variety of posters, he could be 'suffering because closeted gay man' / had some form of psychotic episode / is now suicidal and therefore untouchable / possibly developed dementia.

What about the most likely story? That he enjoys his position of power and abuses it. And probably has been doing for decades. Just like most predators.

Anyway, we'll find out more. Now he's being investigated and held accountable the truth will out. Whatever it is.
---
LOL but guaranteed HE is not in any place like the Priory. People with real money don't go there.

It's honestly very basic and down at heel it gets a lot of complaints from people who expected a little bit of home comforts. Also they pick up from the NHS and there's no way anyone like HE would or ought to be exposed to Joe Public being court ordered.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I was thinking, wasn't Frank Bough sacked and pilloried the the press? For his behaviour with other adults? How come the bbc were so quick to remove him yet are not with HE.
Yes. People have said that FB was sacked because of his cocaine use more than for his “employing” a dominatrix, but I don’t doubt that the BBC would have sacked him for his involvement with a prostitute in any case, even if drugs weren’t involved.

Wasn’t Angus Deayton sacked by the BBC for more or less the same thing?

Reactions: 3
Just a temporary delay due to HE having legally removed himself from the equation. He can't hide forever.

And if he's been up to any serious and criminal stuff, the police will be bailing him to his 'hospital' until he's fit to be removed to custody and / or bailed to stand trial.

Reactions: 6
I'm just gonna put this out there. This might sound totally insane but I'd like to see Huw come back and explain it all. Call me nosey, dirty or whatnot but I'm still very curious and interested in how a married father of 5 becomes interested in young men in his 60s - if that is the case.

Huw could be candid and put the B into LGBTQIA+ through a series of well publicised programmes on the BBC. They would love that! Maybe we could hear his wife's side of the story as well. Are they 60s swingers?

I'd love an open confession and a comeback. George Michael turned it around when he was caught begging for cock in an LA toilet. Couldn't Huw do something similar? After all, we've been told that nothing illegal occurred.

Discuss.
I’m similarly nosey/dirty about all this. 🤣

I wonder though if he’ll just skulk off into the distance once he’s out of hospital and quietly retire somewhere? Or even if he does make a statement, will it be another “front” or a very much watered-down version of the situation/events and his true motives?

We may never actually know the truth.

Reactions: 4

I wonder though if he’ll just skulk off into the distance once he’s out of hospital and quietly retire somewhere? Or even if he does make a statement, will it be another “front” or a very much watered-down version of the situation/events and his true motives?

I think you are probably right! It wouldn't surprise me if one of those super injunctions has been prepared and is in the pipeline so the whole thing can be suppressed from anyone reporting further on it.

That wouldn't surprise me at all!

#richmensproblems.

Reactions: 6
Because his shenanigans also involved cocaine.
Ditto Richard Bacon

The thing is that news and current affairs presenters or journalists or children's TV staff at the BBC are *meant to be* the squeaky clean face of the BBC and the British Govt and the reputation of UK politics and the Royal Family around the globe. This is why HE is a 100% already a goner.

Wouldn't be surprised if we're also going to find out he's been dabbling too.

In my experience, there used to be people in other positions and especially in Light Entertainment (read Eastenders) who when it came to attention they were struggling with substances would be either requested to go to treatment or given time out to sort themselves out.
---

There's a fairly cohesive 'de-fund the BBC' activism movement in the UK these days. There's all sorts of types of people who support it. So, they'll be making sure this story doesn't just fade away.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.