Hunters & Heels

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How much money do they make per swipe up? I’d love to know.

I just googled and this came from a Cosmo article from this year

Sarah* has a following of 14,000 on Instagram, and gets fashion images from Awin, which she then posts, with a link in her bio. “It works best when I post things that are totally new,” she says. And remember to put #ad – by law, all affiliate links must be marked as adverts. It’s a very small slice of profit, varying from 5 - 15%,

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I just googled and this came from a Cosmo article from this year

Sarah* has a following of 14,000 on Instagram, and gets fashion images from Awin, which she then posts, with a link in her bio. “It works best when I post things that are totally new,” she says. And remember to put #ad – by law, all affiliate links must be marked as adverts. It’s a very small slice of profit, varying from 5 - 15%,
Is that percentage per item bought? If so, no wonder these grammers are focussing on high end products. Not a bad little income.

Reactions: 1
Yep per item! And From what I’ve read elsewhere once you’ve used the swipe up they get a profit of anything you buy. So if you swiped up on something from next and a few hours later went back to buy something else They would still get a profit so it’s best not to use swipe ups and if you do use one to then clear the history so it doesn’t log that swipe up if that makes sense.
It’s constant swipe ups so it must be a good earner !

Reactions: 4
Yep per item! And From what I’ve read elsewhere once you’ve used the swipe up they get a profit of anything you buy. So if you swiped up on something from next and a few hours later went back to buy something else They would still get a profit so it’s best not to use swipe ups and if you do use one to then clear the history so it doesn’t log that swipe up if that makes sense.
Wow - I def need to start deleting history then. Thanks for letting me know. There’s no way I want these instawannabees to make any money from anything I may buy from an online shop. This should not be allowed. It’s almost like a tip being added to your bill when the service was dire. It’s not transparent is it? These instagrammers should not be allowed to make money in this way.

I know it’s all so sneaky and not clear at all. I’m so sick of seeing the white company advertised again and again in my feed. Years ago I would of loved to buy something from there but couldn’t justify it. Now I just think they are desperate for marketing it in this way buy chucking all this free stuff at people.

Reactions: 3
That’s why I use my phone to swipe up if I’m feeling nosy but always purchase on my laptop. Through Easyfunding App.
#givetocharitynotneedyfloggers

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Talking of swipe ups, recently I have seen a post on Anna Mathur, who I used to enjoy following. Someone called her out on a swipe ups, asking if she isn’t contradicting herself by talking about mental health and immediately after having a swipe link. She then went into a proper ‘rant’ of saying how she doesn’t even get that much for a swipe up, ‘only’ £2 or something like that. She has a nearly 100k following! She justified it by saying follower didn’t need to swipe up and can search the item them self, but absolute rubbish as she had a pair of leggings there with no mention of a brand an AF link. She went on and on by saying how much business she turns away she works for free and so on.
I have unfollowed her too.I do think she is just a very clever business woman. Mental health and all that, how relatable. Plus all promoting each other, H&H, that awful woman Cara, blossoming birds, Feathers. Honestly I have unfollowed them all.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Talking of swipe ups, recently I have seen a post on Anna Mathur, who I used to enjoy following. Someone called her out on a swipe ups, asking if she isn’t contradicting herself by talking about mental health and immediately after having a swipe link. She then went into a proper ‘rant’ of saying how she doesn’t even get that much for a swipe up, ‘only’ £2 or something like that. She has a nearly 100k following! She justified it by saying follower didn’t need to swipe up and can search the item them self, but absolute rubbish as she had a pair of leggings there with no mention of a brand an AF link. She went on and on by saying how much business she turns away she works for free and so on.
I have unfollowed her too.I do think she is just a very clever business woman. Mental health and all that, how relatable. Plus all promoting each other, H&H, that awful woman Cara, blossoming birds, Feathers. Honestly I have unfollowed them all.

Yes! They're all the same little cookie cutter instahuns gifted all the same things. They're just awful, promoting womanhood and sisterhood while ripping off their 'sisters'.

Anna, definitely a very savy business woman. Her instagram account used to be an interior design account before she realised she wasn't niche enough so had to move on to something else relatable....oh mental health, very current. She used to be nice but now she's just so over reversed and woe is me.

I don't aspire to be like any of these women, I find them laughable and contradicting. Everything I don't want to be. So I also unfollowed and stopped buying anything from any brands who keep gifting to them.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Yes, always clear your cookies on your devices as lots of websites use affiliate marketing cookies (often live for 28 days, so the person who put the cookie on your device receives a cut of whatever you purchase from that site/shop in a 28 day period). It isn’t just IG, loads of social media and chat sites do it. It’s everywhere.

• Wow
Yes! They're all the same little cookie cutter instahuns gifted all the same things. They're just awful, promoting womanhood and sisterhood while ripping off their 'sisters'.

Anna, definitely a very savy business woman. Her instagram account used to be an interior design account before she realised she wasn't niche enough so had to move on to something else relatable....oh mental health, very current. She used to be nice but now she's just so over reversed and woe is me.

I don't aspire to be like any of these women, I find them laughable and contradicting. Everything I don't want to be. So I also unfollowed and stopped buying anything from any brands who keep gifting to them.
You’re quite right. I don’t aspire to be like any of them either. I can’t think of anything worse than living a fake life. That’s all they’re doing - living fake lives in some sort of fantasy world believing that they’re fabulous amazing people because of all the adulation they get. How sad is it that people need that sort of affirmation to make them feel good about themselves? Instagram can be useful but I think it’s becoming very toxic also. I don’t follow these accounts but I have a look and can’t believe the things I see sometimes and how much others love it and believe all the fakeness.

Another White company ad - I’m so sick of the white company using these instagrammers to advertise and make money from it. Think I’ll stick to buying items in the shops, that way no little commission for this lot!

• Wow
Reactions: 5
More ads now to promote Wallis..dear god when does she stop! Please tell me she takes at least Xmas day off?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.