Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

CBS1

The thing is though, surely there is a shelf life with being an 'influencer'? Normal people are already so sick of watching these twats being continually gifted with free stuff every day, wishing companies would give to those that actually need or deserve it. Something will surely replace instagram at some point in the future, and then what? I can't see Lady Lauren dancing about on TikTok, she couldn't possibly ever allow herself to let go. I just wonder what happens once this all comes crashing down, which hopefully it will as I fucking hate influencers and their fake lives making others feel bad.

Will Col have to run back to Skoda with his tail between his legs? Will Lauren return to the counter of Bobby Brown? Hopefully we will find out on Season 2, of Lady QVC's The Pretend Life

• Haha
Reactions: 19

Kim Mild

VIP Member
And every bloody influencer is advertising Emma again and The White Company 20% off - linked - even though it’s available to EVERYONE!!!
I reckon there's no need to pay full price on anything from these companies , just choose a popular girls name from the 70s/80s and put 20 or 15 after in and you're bound to correctly guess some influencers discount code.

• Haha

GossipMongoose

VIP Member
I really hate that overpriced beige sweatshirt. It looks like another ‘ordered out of a Sunday supplement for the over eighties’ job.

• Haha

Shoegal17

VIP Member
Colin gives me Justin (Mr Tumble) vibes so bad 🤣 like his slightly younger brother 🤣 he also looks like he would be dull in conversation!

• Haha

Latetotheparty

VIP Member
Those velvet jackets and bow ties look ridiculously over the top, especially for the living room! They look like little ventriloquist dummies. Her house/photos always look so dark and depressing to me, it would give me a headache sitting in that light all the time, and anyone else think col would rather spend so much time cooking because it means he doesn’t have to be around her and all her pretentiousness?!

• Haha

Hashtagged

VIP Member
Lauren: here’s me being all thoughtful getting Archie’s bedroom ready for him to come and visit.

Also Lauren: AD

🙄

• Haha
  • Sad

GossipMongoose

VIP Member
What does she look like?!

I think she’s trying to go for classic country chic, sort of ‘off-duty Kate Cambridge’ but it never comes off. It just looks dated and try hard and as someone (everyone?) said on here, like a Country Casuals catalogue ad.

• Haha

#kindlygifted

It’s shite - don’t bother
Very thick and weird feeling according to a friend
This is the kind of the recommendations I’m here for. Sick of this gifted lack of impartiality shit getting rammed down our necks.

I’ve got to say Lauren’s IG is getting to the point now where I just can’t stand it. I’m lucky enough to live a very comfortable life (which I work hard for not shilling my family and I out on the internet), I own not rent my own ‘country’ cottage, my own cars and buy everything I need / want not have it gifted and I can afford to do this without really having to worry. I say this not to brag to explain that in theory I’m on a par if not doing better than Lauren…and yet she is even getting to me and making me feel inferior. I truly, honestly worry what impact she’s having on woman who are really struggling either financially or emotionally or both. She ought to come with a health warning!

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Cutthebull

VIP Member
Sweet baby Jesus, she’s now carrying a vase full of flowers around a field?! Another hideous tent dress too. This woman is just beyond ridiculous. “Quick Col, it’s a lush, dreamy evening, grab the tripod and camera and I’m going to throw on a mustard coloured tent. Then I’m going to stand in a field grinning whilst holding a vase of flowers. It’ll be soooooo lush”.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Maybe if Joules hadn’t spent so much on ‘Press Trips’ to Watergate Bay and Daylesford Cottages for all the Instahuns to enjoy and shove in people’s faces then they would have actually kept their core customers and wouldn’t be about to go into administration and put hundreds of people out of jobs. Take note others - if you continue you use cheap influencer marketing - your real customers will walk away - it is a short term, quick sale on an item strategy, not a long term one!
I stopped buying anything from Joules years ago when they started gifting her and her boys clothes and accessories. I didn’t like how she would only really wear some of the items when paid to advertise and then they started paying influencers to go away etc. It cheapened the brand for me and I haven’t bought from them since. If an influencer can’t pay for their own birthdays, weekends away, food and clothes without it being gifted or paid to advertise, then I’m not interested. People like Lauren and her family have become so accustomed to that Freebie lifestyle that they lose touch with reality and become entitled and think they are somehow famous. I just look at Lauren and her family and all the staged and managed photo shoots, and think it’s all rather sad & tragic. I don’t think she’d survive if Instagram went down or brands stopped using her. How would she be able to buy Christmas presents for her family & friends then?

• Heart
This is the time of year I really can't stand Instagram. I used to get caught out and find myself buying things that I really didn't need, and I'm a proper cynical old curmudgeon so if even I got swayed I dread to think what more innocent followers are spending! That ridiculous white company wreath for instance. If she'd spent her own money on it (ha ha) it would not have come cheap. I got one for £6 from Hobbycraft, job done. Why does everything with these influencers have to be flashy and designer? 🙄 Read the room is right!
Materialism does not equate to happiness. I see Lauren and her boys in all their twee, gifted clothes posing outside the latest Instagram approved backdrop and I think to myself that isn’t real, this is just content for strangers. How sad and pathetic are these influencers and their partners who film them? Their lives are dictated by likes, comments and they are constantly having to compete with all the other instahuns - who has the best Xmas tablescape, who has the best Christmas tree etc etc. We have Xmas traditions that we share as a family and not to strangers. I have time for my kids and they aren’t used for online strangers entertainment and viewing figures, they can wear what they like, and best of all their home and bedrooms are totally private. Lauren is one heck of a smug individual, but is all fur and no knickers as my gran used to say. She’s pretending to be something she is not. I find her relationship with King Henry lookalike Col a bit weird too - the way she looks up to him like he’s her hero/ daddy figure. I’d never compare my life to that of an influencer because their lives aren’t real and I doubt many of them are genuinely happy

• Heart
  • Haha

CBS1

Ah it all makes sense now! The only reason she took the kids to London with her is so she can use them in an ad! This woman is unbelievable!

• Angry
  • Sad

JodieGreen123

VIP Member
Learning to accept and appreciate the girl in the mirror? Pull the other one!
She talks some shite at the best of times, but this really takes the piss, she’s absolutely obsessed with herself!

• Haha
  • Wow

Pomegranate

VIP Member
I can ignore all the stuff she flogs, but what annoys me is how happy and perfect her daily life is made out to be. Personal training sessions, pilates, baking, nights out, trips away, sunrise walks, perfectly behaved children, immaculate house, grandma on tap for babysitting, everyone having an amazing super-lush time ALL THE TIME. She makes herself out to have no fucking problems at all, which we all know deep down is utter bollocks. If she'd just post something relatable and real once in a while! 🙄
I think whenever she gets these types of comments she then churns out some random story along the lines of “Oh Rory fell over and got muddy” You see it’s not a perfection here ALL the time just MOST of the time”
Lauren strikes me as such a control freak that she just can’t bring herself to show that she isn’t perfect I bet she has a good cry most days. It’s got to be exhausting all that acting and masking, surely?!

CBS1

OH FUCK OFF LAUREN WITH YOUR "DOES MY SKIN LOOK GLOWY?"

How many skin care brands do you actually get paid to use? Because it seems like a lot, and you RAVE about all of them. My skin would always be glowing if I could waft around smelling candles and sashaying around in activewear daily, aka doing sweet fuck all

Sorry, just can't be arsed today :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

Comfysofa

She looks like she just walked off the 80’s set of a cringe Danielle Steel budget tv adaptation

• Haha

houseofhoop

VIP Member
Most of them aren’t in the real world and even if they were they wouldn’t show it. I had unexpected repairs to do to my house this year, Lauren doesn’t even own her house, nothing wrong with that but she pretends she does and everything is perfect, bet she wouldn’t post a photo of her leaking roof and the mop up that followed 🙄
Yes don’t forget shes created an illusion of her life. Not real. Plus she will never ever have enough, she will always be hungering for the next thing, the next dopamine hit. @_crescentmoon_ .. you are enough. You don’t need a fucking god awful floral dress to complete you, you don’t need your kids to be perfectly presented (if you have them) god no. They are enough just as they are.
Lauren’s life is not real and don’t ever let her make you believe it is, and don’t ever let her make you feel your life is not as good. Your life is 100 times better than hers because it is real .

• Heart