Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Hashtagged

VIP Member
That wasn't the big deal for me. It was the fact that she stayed up until the early hours making it, as part of an Ad about wellbeing and women finding time for 'self care'! 😳

Her staying up through the night was all mentioned as part of the Ad. I was disgusted and couldn't believe it. Creating a 'perfect' looking gingerbread house simply for other people to admire and fawn over is not a form of self care. Most importantly, promoting that women find time for self care, by losing sleep to be alone etc., amongst all the pressures on mums at Christmas, was obscene. It was clear that she had bitten off more than she could chew and had no choice but to stay up to fulfil her contract. I couldn't believe she wasn't advised to pull the Ad as part of the campaign... 🤯
When we all know what our Laur likes to do for some “self care” and me time is to leave her kids with Grandma, swan off to some fancy gifted hotel, get herself dolled up to take a million photos of her clinking champers glasses with our Col, shoehorning an #ad in there along with a few #aff links, rounded off with lashings of freebie shopping at The White Company, and to end the day: a lush roast with slow mo gravy pour

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

CaptainJane

For me it's the attempts at being model-like: the hair swishing, the sashaying walk in high heels (anyone remember that video she filmed not long ago at Daylesford, where she was hip-wiggling around the garden veg in five inch spikes?!), the plastered-on-for-the-camera smiling, and the watch-me-having-the-LUSHEST-time laughter. None of it quite rings true for me, and I find myself imagining the time and effort it must have taken to dress the set rather than wishing I was her (which is presumably the aim).

• Heart

Stardustsmile28

Chatty Member
She's constantly doing "free" things though. The walks in the country fields, wild swimming in see through white dresses, pressing flowers for cards, making wreaths with cuttings from the garden, baking/ cooking with berries from the woods, making wrapping paper with gifted stamps.....

But she's still fecking annoying 😂
All of those things are to sell those exact items though. Those 'scenes' are packed full of consumerism. Expensive outdoor clothing, expensive gardening clothing, expensive outdoor coffee cups, the white dress, the flower press, the wreath making workshop, the expensive stamps etc. etc. On it goes, the sales merry-go-round of Margot's family life. Everything is calculated and purposeful to make as much cash as possible from her family life.

• Heart

Cutthebull

VIP Member
“Quite a frost” last night apparently according to Lauren. She’s worried as she left her sweet pea outside. Millions will be worried that if they put their heating on they may not be able to afford food. But ok Lozza, you focus on your sweet pea you twee Twat.

• Haha
Reactions: 18

Alicolacreme

I was just about to type a long paragraph about how I believe very personalised clothes like the hoodie she’s showing are actually terrible for safeguarding (giving strangers access to knowledge about your child like their name and fav things, could give predators the ability to lure them away more easily) but then I realised that she literally does it on a daily basis by plastering the boys all over the internet. It’s baffling how we teach children in school to be careful on the internet and then there’s parents like this…

Rosé_all_day

VIP Member
She really wants other women to be like ‘how does she do it?!’ it is palpable! I reckon she sees herself as the perfect mum with her Friday sweets and all glammed up for the school gates and as the perfect wife to chef Col. She couldn’t be more in love with herself if she tried.

Alicolacreme

It’s the ‘heeeeey’ at the start of any video or live (sorry I mean QVC advert) 🤢
*inane grin* “Heeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy hope you’re having a lovely *insert day, occasion, season, holiday, bowel movement*”

• Haha
Of course she was gifted the new Sky glass tv and paid to promote it. Who the heck wears a red evening dress to wrap Xmas presents? She’s a pretentious prick.

• Haha

CaptainJane

The fact she felt the need to mention he chose his own outfit says everything, but I do think she probably insisted it was black!
Exactly. Does anyone remember the rucksack Col wore on a walk some time ago? The completely bog-standard and ordinary type of rucksack that everyone who ever goes out for the day has? And how she was actually ashamed and embarrassed enough of it to apologise for its presence on her stories? 🙄 That really was the beginning of the end for me. I mean, honestly!!

• Haha
  • Sad

CaptainJane

I've been lurking for some time and finally joined! I've followed Lauren on Instagram since she was on mat leave with Ollie. I really enjoyed her posts at first but since she went back to work after having Rory it's all gone so salesy and unnatural. I guess that's the whole point from her POV - she's only on insta for the cashflow. I only still follow her because she lives vaguely near me and I have found some good places to visit locally through her posts, but damned if I'll be clicking on any of her aff links! I have to tune out all the ads and obvious product placements 🙄 I guess the massively tasteless and consumerist 12 Days of Christmas rubbish is just round the corner too, ugh...

GossipMongoose

VIP Member
Film set, that's the perfect description! Poor lads. I wonder if they love all the shirts and wooden toys and wholesome walks with hot chocolate and leaf collecting as much as she'd have us believe. I mean, if it's a simple, rural, wholesome, back to nature, Enid Blyton kind of life she's trying to portray here, what's with ALL THE MATERIALISM! Honestly, how much STUFF must she have in that house?

Also, I had Abel and Cole before she 'discovered' it, but now she's blathering about that via the latest ad as though nobody's ever heard of it before, am I mad for feeling slightly violated?? Like she's tainted it for me now!
Abel and Cole have been around for donkey’s years, wayyyy before Lozza was an InstaYummy. I did have a laugh at her trying to tell us that they’ve been trying to be more ‘meat free’ this last couple of years. Every meal she posts by lushchefColon is a meat-fest 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 17

Clare

VIP Member
Yeah I love wrapping my presents in a tight dress in the dark 🤣🤣🤣 What an absolute tool. How can she think this set up is relatable to ANYONE

• Haha
Shes a hypocrite in regards to that quote. Bet she's preening, hair done, makeup, outfit change and matching clothes, egg yolks on avo toastt before she'll even let a camera swing in her direction.

Those latest Christmas shopping stories filled me with rage..sending Colin in front of her with arms full of Jo Malone and White Company...smug fuckers. Surely she realises that most people couldn't in a million years justify such extravagance, especially after the past 2 years?! Then posh cocktails and a hotel stay whilst kids are with Grandma?It's ok though because she stuffed her car full of foliage for school pick up 🙃
Whilst I'm here worrying about spending too much in case we go into lockdown and I can't work 👎

• Sad

Aunt Lydia

Thread suggestion…

Hunters & Heels / By Lauren McDermott -
Rented cottage and fake gurns galore. Sickly sweet recipes and poses by the door.

• Haha
  • Heart

Madhouse1

Do you think Lauren coaches them and takes a percentage of their earnings like ‘pyramid’ marketing?!
Hahah checklist for starter kit
-cosy cottage (doesn’t matter if rented)
-Land Rover (vintage ideally)
-expert at gardening or able to fake it
-aga
-aspiring chef for a husband
-swishy hair
-never without manicure
-joules/Boden maybe even reiss attire
-fairfax and favour boots
-live near photogenic country lanes
-gravy boat for those ever so important slow mo gravy shots
-fortnum and mason picnic set (no way rucksack will do)
-collapsible table and chairs and live near a field for idyllic sunset dinners in a random field
-stamps for those Friday handcrafted handmade sweeties (but only for Fridays)
-twee bike and basket for your co op flowers that you take home and wrap in brown paper for picture

• Haha
  • Heart