Hungermama

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The latest post is interesting - has there been any indication previously that she was in an abusive marriage?

Reactions: 1
The latest post is interesting - has there been any indication previously that she was in an abusive marriage?
It was all all lovey dovey posts previously. It does seem strange having been in the UK for so long that she had done none of those things before. Does read as financial abuse.

Reactions: 4
So glad I found this thread. I’ve followed HM for ages, I just used to I like her photos and her style.
I’ve never understood the reason for the nanny, I figured maybe it was a status thing.

Now HM is single & doesn’t seem to work aside from the odd singing gig - how is the nanny support funded and why is it even needed?

Makes no sense to me 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 6
It was something along the lines of gaining full financial independence after being apart from her husband for a few years (including new phone and contract in her own name), paying and managing household bills etc and previously receiving an “allowance” when she was married.

I don’t know what she was actually getting at but a few followers took it to mean her husband had been overly controlling.

Reactions: 3
I’m guessing it wasn’t totally factual and she’s been asked to take it down.

Technically my husband wasn’t eligible for a phone contract in his name or contactless card - not because I was controlling, but because he was in the country on a visa linked to my residency & he didn’t have a credit rating here. We did different things to build that up, but if he was lazy/liked the status quo, he’d have been totally happy keeping it all in my name.

I’m wondering if the truth lies somewhere in between. She was happy for him to pay for things to an extent, but doesn’t quite fit the narrative of the I’m a survivor single mom.

Reactions: 11
In fairness my husband manages our household bills and I’m quite happy with that as it’s a quite boring job 😂
I don’t have an “allowance” though, wonder what that’s all about!

I’m wondering if the truth lies somewhere in between. She was happy for him to pay for things to an extent, but doesn’t quite fit the narrative of the I’m a survivor single mom.
While I accept that everyone should be financially equal in a marriage, especially if one of them looks after the little kids, there was nothing stopping Bethie from getting a proper job, instead of farting around arranging button making workshops. I mean, she has a nanny?! Maybe she could have gone back to college and earned some qualifications instead of trying to make it as an influencer. She gives me ‘Hygge Tygge’ vibes, like that character off Motherland.

Disclaimer; I know nothing about her financial arrangements but she’s got big Mumsnet ‘high earning partner’ energy.

Reactions: 8
In fairness my husband manages our household bills and I’m quite happy with that as it’s a quite boring job 😂
I don’t have an “allowance” though, wonder what that’s all about!
I know a few stay at home mums who have an allowance, it's less of a controlling thing, more of a sensible budget for coffee, kids days out etc. I don't work atm don't have an allowance and we have a joint account and share everything but then I'm not a big spender. My sister does have an allowance. An outside observer might see it as a bit controlling, in fact she cannot manage money at all, can't stop spending and as she has no income at all her husband transfers a generous amount to her account every month so she can't just keep going and going and spend all the money he earns

I think hungermama was being really naughty there, inviting speculation that the ex was abusing her.

Reactions: 4
Her husband was not abusive. I think of Bethie as always being a bit childlike, and I think merely bought into the traditional gender roles that the husband is the provider. She didn't really have a chance to grow up, as she slid right from being someone's child to being someone's wife. I think that there has always been a part of her that always felt she was going to be famous, as she has an incredible singing voice and is also telegenic. When that didn't happen, and the years passed, and the difficulties of raising kids became apparent, I think she got frustrated and bored and started acting out, which led eventually to the end of her marriage. Then, for the first time ever, she had to figure out how she was going to support herself. (And maybe still get famous). So I think she just had some growing up to do, as many of us do. I do wish she would make it clear to her followers that her husband was not abusive and controlling, because she's said a couple of things in the past where one could draw that conclusion, like comparing her situation with her mother's situation escaping an abusive first marriage.

Reactions: 10
Not sure:

" I’m here to talk about the toxicity that instagram has a tendency to inspire in people.

After taking a break from this platform for a year I decided to come back in with the view to block any negativity that enters my space here. This morning I had to, yet again, block someone I had previously thought of as a friend for bullying behaviour. 💔

Those who have followed me for a while know that I have been very publicly bullied online. I have refused to speak publicly about it (despite requests from most major news outlets—yes, it was that public) because I don’t want to perpetuate the negativity. I have learned to chalk up bullying behaviour to the idea that “hurt people hurt people” and “hurt people” trying to take their pain out on me is simply none of my business.

To be clear, what I share on this platform is a tiny slice of my actual life. I do my best to support important causes and educate where it is in my place and experience to do so; I feel it is a moral duty for anyone who has a decently-sized platform to do the same. However, I do not feel the need to shout about every charity I support, every good deed I do and every community and business I privately call out for racism, sexism, etc. (which are things I regularly do in my private life). Just because I share parts of my life doesn’t mean they are the only parts of my life that exist.

Apologies for the weekend rant, but I know I’m not the only one who deals with nonsense like this online. My advice to others dealing with online bullying is to just block and carry on. Life is too short to let hurt people hurt you. ✌🏼"

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 2
Those who have followed me for a while know that I have been very publicly bullied online. I have refused to speak publicly about it (despite requests from most major news outlets—yes, it was that public)
I wonder if this is the Mod drama still, as I can’t imagine any ‘major news outlets’ would know or care who she is, otherwise. I remember when her mate Titania (or whatever she’s called) came barrelling onto the influencer threads on MN trying to say we’d been bitching about HM’s kids when no one even knew who she was, let alone what her kids looked like.

I only googled her too because of that thread. Never seen people comment about the way her kids look.

I only googled her too because of that thread. Never seen people comment about the way her kids look.
I think she did it to raise her profile. For all the mumfluencers whinged about that thread, their follower counts went up because of it. HM hadn’t been mentioned til HM’s mate came on and talked about her, saying she’d been in tears over us saying her kids were ugly (iirc, it wasn’t HM’s kids at all, it was Telfords and it was one comment that could have been taken either way, but it was deleted within minutes anyway). She barely had enough to followers to merit a mention at that point. The main ones discussed were MOD, FOD, Mother Pukka, CT and Susie Verill. Plus the threads were pretty tame compared to Tattle, which is no holds barred (and rightly so). I bet some of them long for the good old days of influencers being discussed on MN, where they could report a post about their shady advertising practices or the monetisation of their kids and get it deleted. Unlike here lol.

Not sure:

" I’m here to talk about the toxicity that instagram has a tendency to inspire in people.

After taking a break from this platform for a year I decided to come back in with the view to block any negativity that enters my space here. This morning I had to, yet again, block someone I had previously thought of as a friend for bullying behaviour. 💔

Those who have followed me for a while know that I have been very publicly bullied online. I have refused to speak publicly about it (despite requests from most major news outlets—yes, it was that public) because I don’t want to perpetuate the negativity. I have learned to chalk up bullying behaviour to the idea that “hurt people hurt people” and “hurt people” trying to take their pain out on me is simply none of my business.

To be clear, what I share on this platform is a tiny slice of my actual life. I do my best to support important causes and educate where it is in my place and experience to do so; I feel it is a moral duty for anyone who has a decently-sized platform to do the same. However, I do not feel the need to shout about every charity I support, every good deed I do and every community and business I privately call out for racism, sexism, etc. (which are things I regularly do in my private life). Just because I share parts of my life doesn’t mean they are the only parts of my life that exist.

Apologies for the weekend rant, but I know I’m not the only one who deals with nonsense like this online. My advice to others dealing with online bullying is to just block and carry on. Life is too short to let hurt people hurt you. ✌🏼"
Its addressed to tetyanawrites, who also posted the attached :)

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 5