How much sex is "normal" in a relationship

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Mirena has hormones, just a lower dose of it. I had two Mirenas and now a Kyleena and I strongly suspect that the Mirena killed my libido for large chunks of time.

Reactions: 1
So v personal post. My OH is 13y older than me; we had an active sex life really until we started having fertility issues (timed sex can really kill the passion lol)! Now maybe once or twice a month after alcohol has been consumed (on his part). We talk about it and he acknowledges but nothing has changed.

Recently he has issues “sustaining” which I get is very embarrassing but it’s driving an even bigger wedge!

We’ve both put on weight and I feel body concious…. I guess I just needed to “say” this out loud

Reactions: 3
You could scrap contraception and rely on just having sex at the opposite times to when you're fertile?

Reactions: 2
Been with my bf a couple of years and at the beginning we both had high sex drives. We don't live together but we would have sex every time we saw each other so a few times week. While his has remained at a high, I am finding that mine has lowered over the last few months. Not cos I don't find him attractive or don't enjoy it. I just find myself preferring sleep or if I have something on my mind, I find it hard to get in the mood/switch off.

We still have sex weekly but not everytime we meet, but I just feel a bit meh because I have noticed we aren't doing it as much (because of me) . Guess I'm just feeling insecure about it even though he says it's okay

Reactions: 4
You could scrap contraception and rely on just having sex at the opposite times to when you're fertile?
Thanks for the reassurance friends
This is the route I’m going to go down I think! I’m thinking of subscribing to natural cycles, monitoring my cycle and just using condoms also. I actually cannot wait to get this thing out of my body now! I don’t know if it’s psychological or not but I have been feeling more interested in sex, let’s say it’s expiry is in a week so I imagine the hormones it’s producing are very very low now

Hi does anyone have a partner who goes to bed early ish because they have to get up early for work? He goes to bed 8pm and I go 10/11pm. I stay up to sort the dogs, do a bit of housework etc.
I’m finding it’s affecting our sex life.
We could do it when I go to bed. He has said he’s happy to be woken up for sex but I don’t want sex with a sleepy, bed breath husband who wants a quickie.
Am I being a bitch?

Could you go through at 8 then get back up after? Or after he’s showered after work/in the morning?

Reactions: 6
Could you go through at 8 then get back up after? Or after he’s showered after work/in the morning?
He gets up at 4am & I don’t get home from work until 6pm. Could do it when he goes to bed but we have two boys upstairs’ usually on their Xbox’s being loud. I get paranoid they could hear or walk in

Reactions: 1
I have to admit I have had sex on occasions when I did not want to , just to keep him 'happy' - I'd just feel numb after it.

I have to admit I have had sex on occasions when I did not want to , just to keep him 'happy' - I'd just feel numb after it.
I'm sorry you are dealing with this @Nellinton

I know real life isnt always simple but is there a way out of this situation for you? Do you feel safe and happy in your home?

Can you not do it before he goes to bed
---
He gets up at 4am & I don’t get home from work until 6pm. Could do it when he goes to bed but we have two boys upstairs’ usually on their Xbox’s being loud. I get paranoid they could hear or walk in
Sorry I have just seen this after I posted

ahh it’s hard when you have kids isn’t it!! I wouldn’t want to do it at 4 am Jesus does he work 7 days a week would he stay up a bit later on day???

Reactions: 3
On the weekends he’s so tired but we do try and do it on the weekend or Sunday morning. Bed breath is just such a turn off for me though

On the weekends he’s so tired but we do try and do it on the weekend or Sunday morning. Bed breath is just such a turn off for me though
Could you try diff positions so youre not face to face I am sorry in advance for even saying this hahahaha

Reactions: 9
Surely if he wants sex he can make time for it? Speaking from a guys perspective, he needs to make more effort imo.

Reactions: 6
Surely if he wants sex he can make time for it? Speaking from a guys perspective, he needs to make more effort imo.
I’m fairness if he says he’s happy to be woken up but op doesn’t want that, before he leaves nor when he gets into bed or when the kids are up, it doesn’t really leave much time, if I’m reading it right.
I think mints or if he wakes you up after he’s brushed his teeth, before he goes to work is the best bet.
Also get a water flosser - brilliant if you suffer from morning breath.

Reactions: 5