How much do you spend on shampoo and conditioner?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I switched to Oribe 6 months ago & in all honesty it's absolutely worth the price tag. The smell is beautiful.

The Gold Lust range has worked wonders is little over £100 for full size shampoo & conditioner. They do smaller sizes too.

I also use the volume shampoo & conditioner which is around £90. I use the maxamista spray. This stuff really works.
I completely agree with you with regard to Oribe ,😲😲😲it is the best brand despite the exorbitant cost , it transforms my hair. The thickening spray is brilliant and I cry when the bottles run out.

Reactions: 2
I use mane ‘n tail, it’s good for making your hair thicker with more volume. Mine is in really good condition when I use this and I’ve been losing hair for years :( my hair is so thin! Occasionally I use gliss shampoo and conditioner from £1 shop as it has oils in which makes my hair soft.

both are good price for what they do

Reactions: 1
God I just buy whatever is on offer at supermarket but I may take up some of these suggestions.

I have wavyish hair that I used to leave natural and it looked nice but in the last couple of years, it's become straightish with kinks rather than nice waves. Especially the front and top of my hair is almost straight now yet underneath is still quite wavy, it drives me mad as I can't leave it wavy any more, but I don't want to straighten it every day! Any tips?

Thanks. Does applying it to dry hair help with washing it out?
I use it occasionally as I get a dry scalp, specifically that and not dandruff. Anyway, I only put it on my scalp and not through my hair and I just wash my hair twice rather than once if I’ve used it. My sister uses it in her hair as an overnight thing now and again and she said the same washes it twice. Both her and I only ever applied to dry hair rather than wet but I apply any hair mask if I use it to my hair when it’s dry prior to washing

I've had a pink toner on my hair this time round. It had to be done 3 times to get even a tint. I've bought bleach London rose shampoo and conditioner to keep the tint as long as possible anyone used this?

God I just buy whatever is on offer at supermarket but I may take up some of these suggestions.

I have wavyish hair that I used to leave natural and it looked nice but in the last couple of years, it's become straightish with kinks rather than nice waves. Especially the front and top of my hair is almost straight now yet underneath is still quite wavy, it drives me mad as I can't leave it wavy any more, but I don't want to straighten it every day! Any tips?
Does it just need a bit of a trim ( easy to say these days!) It may just be heavy and being pulled down with weigh

I use L'Oreal Elvive Dream Lengths (Orangy bottle) I've got long fine hair that hasnt been cut for ages and ages it makes my hair feel amazing!

I use L'Oreal Elvive Dream Lengths (Orangy bottle) I've got long fine hair that hasnt been cut for ages and ages it makes my hair feel amazing!
I've used this before and it's great. I'm using Tresemme at the moment, can't wait to get rid of it as it does nothing for my hair

I was sick of my hair going brassy so I ordered a purple toner off amazon the brand is ‘pro voke’, it was only £2.49, was a bit dubious but OMG! It’s fab. Definitely ordering it again!

aveida shampoo for my dry/flaky scalp - think it’s about £15/20 a bottle, for conditioner I just get whatever’s cheapest. My hairs about 28 inches long so I can’t afford to splash out on shampoo AND conditioner😂

After using head and shoulders for colour hair for most of my life, I’ve just switched to Cantu. I’ve got naturally wavy hair and apparently this works well for curls and coloured hair. I paid around £3.50 per bottle for shampoo and conditioner as it’s on offer at Superdrug at the moment, but I think full price is around £6 a bottle.

Usually direct from my hairdresser but during lockdown I got it from the cult beauty website and got 10% off as it was my first purchase from them.
Look Fantastic sell it too and more often than not they have discounts on. I've been shopping with for about 12 years, really like them.

www.lookfantastic.com/
LOOKFANTASTIC Official Site
Ultimate Beauty Destination

Resurrecting this rather than starting a new thread to ask, did anyone find their hair became more greasy once using shampoo bars? And I’m not just talking to initial transition period, I’ve used bars for about 6 months and in the last month or so the back of my head has been greasy when I’ve blow dried. At first I assumed it’s some sort of build up but I’ve made sure I’m washing the product out completely and I’m careful to only use the conditioner in the length of my hair and not the roots 😒

Resurrecting this rather than starting a new thread to ask, did anyone find their hair became more greasy once using shampoo bars? And I’m not just talking to initial transition period, I’ve used bars for about 6 months and in the last month or so the back of my head has been greasy when I’ve blow dried. At first I assumed it’s some sort of build up but I’ve made sure I’m washing the product out completely and I’m careful to only use the conditioner in the length of my hair and not the roots 😒
What shampoo bar did you get? I find if they're not clarifying ones I do get a build up, even if you think you're washing it out properly it can still leave a residue tbh. The only one I've personally found that didn't do this for me was whatever the clarifying one is called from Lush.

So glad to see this thread, I'm about to go back through now for recommendations! I usually use Aussie or if I'm feeling extravagant the gold Redken bottles but the change of seasons is playing havoc with my hair so I might invest in something else. The Davines NOUNOU mask is a life saver for me.

I've been using Josh Wood brunette shampoo and conditioner for fine hair. I really like the conditioner.

I find avoiding sulphates in shampoo is a good thing. They don't lather up as much but once you get used to that, they don't seem to tangle up or dry the hair so much. I also use the blue Maui shampoo and conditioner, which is also relatively inexpensive but good quality.

As I have unruly curly hair, I use masks every week. My daughter found a brilliant one, which is inexpensive but really good. Bleach London Reincarnation Mask. It's often on offer at Boots. It is made for very bleached hair, which mine isn't but it is dry. This mask does sort it out.

Coconut oil is effective too as an overnight treatment.