How much do you spend on shampoo and conditioner?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have used all of them and never thought any of them made a difference, one of the girls at work uses Fudge shampoo, totally blonde I think it’s called, purple tube, used it tonight for the first time, amazing! Under a tenner on Amazon, I only wash my hair once a week, I wet it every day and use umberto giannini coconut jelly and scrunch it with a diffuser , it’s a beach wave bob.
Thanks for the recommendation! Tried the fudge clean blonde and wow!! Looks so much brighter (minus the roots) 😂

I used to use Aussie for years no problems then all of a sudden I broke out with an dry flakey scalp so now use body shop anti dandruff ginger range! It’s the only one that worked!! It’s about £6 a bottle but lasts ages as a little goes a long way!

On a similar note dry shampoo. Any recommendations? Not Batiste 🤢 I saw brad Mondo recommend a foam one but can't remember the name. Just seen pantene do a new foam though
Amika in my opinion is the best dry shampoo second to that bumble and bumble's pret-a-powder - expensive but well worth it!

I alternate a bit and do like to try new things. I love Maui (about £8 a bottle), liked Milkshake when I had more blonde in my hair too. I also recently bought Kerastase to try which is bit more expensive. I love masks and treatments - I really like the garnier banana one which is super reasonable; think I always buy it for around 3 or 4 quid for quite a big tub.

Has anyone got a review on garnier banana shampoo?
The Hair Food one? No - I have the mask and it smells divine, been trying to pick up the shampoo and conditioner but I can't seem to get my hands on it when I go shopping. I do have the aloe vera shampoo and conditioner which is lovely.

Another recommendation is the Dove 2in1 - I was always sceptical of a 2in1 until I tried this at a friends house and it always makes my hair feel lovely, its usually on offer in supermarkets at £2 for 400ml.

I use aldis own, I'm a basic witch. Occasionally I'll treat myself to a hair mask. I've got long auburn hair and it's shiny enough so I don't feel the need to spend more.

Reactions: 2
I used to use Aussie for years no problems then all of a sudden I broke out with an dry flakey scalp so now use body shop anti dandruff ginger range! It’s the only one that worked!! It’s about £6 a bottle but lasts ages as a little goes a long way!
I had the same problem with Aussie. I never liked the smell either

Just wondering what shampoo/conditioner you use and recommend, I’ve got very thick long hair, slight wave and prone to frizz.
I’m currently using a shampoo and conditioner from Avon which is great as it has a lovely long lasting smell to it but was wondering if there is anything out there that doesn’t cost the earth that can combat frizz and make your hair smell great?!

Just wondering what shampoo/conditioner you use and recommend, I’ve got very thick long hair, slight wave and prone to frizz.
I’m currently using a shampoo and conditioner from Avon which is great as it has a lovely long lasting smell to it but was wondering if there is anything out there that doesn’t cost the earth that can combat frizz and make your hair smell great?!
I use Head and shoulders shampoo and Elvive conditioner that makes my hair smoot. Also Ouai hair oil is great for frizzy hair.

Reactions: 1
Has anyone got a review on garnier banana shampoo?
I was actually looking at this the other day because it's better than half price is Superdrug currently. Decided against buying because I've got too many shampoos to work through as is (including a different banana one) but the website reviews were pretty complimentary!

On a similar note dry shampoo. Any recommendations? Not Batiste 🤢 I saw brad Mondo recommend a foam one but can't remember the name. Just seen pantene do a new foam though
I've tried so many dry shampoos and the best one for me is Sainsbury's own brand, I think it's called my hair matters. It's only £1.50 but I would pay more as it's so good.

Slightly off topic does anyone have any good recommendations for shampoos that are good for sensitive scalps. No matter what I use after a few washes or even the first it gives me a really dry flaky scalp or even burns it and my hairline goes all red😭😭😭
My kids use a shampoo bar from the Yorkshire soap company on esty. They are lush. Small but keep dry between washes and they last a while. No nasties. It will take time for your hair t adjust to having no sls sulphates or silicones tho.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how to successfully use coconut oil as a hair conditioning treatment without the results looking like you've dipped your head in an oil slick?

Reactions: 1