How much do you earn?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
honestly I would recommend doing aat/aca/acca it’s so worth it! I feel into accounts and doing my quals has opened up so many doors!
I'm actually starting AAT Level 2 in the spring time :) I browse accounts jobs and so many list that qualification so I'm looking forward to doing it and seeing where it leads.

Reactions: 2
I'm actually starting AAT Level 2 in the spring time :) I browse accounts jobs and so many list that qualification so I'm looking forward to doing it and seeing where it leads.
Awh that’s good! Aat is good! You’ll breeze through level two as you’ve got experience!

Reactions: 1
39k working at a university.

I was berated for saying tax rises would affect me on the politics thread. But after season ticket, tax, childcare and mortgage there's not much left!
I know someone that does two shifs a week at Sainsbury's and with housing tax benefits, council tax benefits, child benefits and working tax credit she earns around the same as these are tax free.
Her children are at secondary school and her job is low stress and she has so much free time. I feel like a mug.

Also factor in if on maximum tax credits they get free prescription/ glasses/ school dinners for the kids and pupil premium usually covers school trips etc too 😠

I honestly don't even know 🙈 a complicated mix of 2 part time jobs , and 3 self employed business / positions. Worst thing is one of my self employed businesses is book keeping, I certainly do not practice what I preach my own records are never up to date as I'm so busy and yes I filed my own tax return about 20 mins before the deadline.

My hubby's earnings so far this tax year are £48000 after deductions so I just use his bank account for everything.

Mid 30s west yorkshire

Last edited:
My husband is an A&E consultant in London, he’s recently been offered a position in the States and his base salary is 3 times as much as he is paid here.
Sad when you think that is a result of an unbelievably profitable industry - which shouldn’t exist at all, (as an industry ie with the first priority to make money rather than help people) - while the too low salaries due to seriously underfunding what should be seen as fundamental right In any society .

Private sector nurse £28,000, company car, expenses, bonus etc. I feel very underpaid after reading this thread and struggle to make ends meet most months 😖

I’m 24

I work in an office and earn just under £27k pre tax.

Boyfriend also works in a (different) office and earns £50k pre tax.

Private sector nurse £28,000, company car, expenses, bonus etc. I feel very underpaid after reading this thread and struggle to make ends meet most months 😖

I’m 24
Are you in London? I lived comfortably on 22,5k and I lived comfortably on 28k, but I'm not in London.

Perhaps you can look at your outgoings x

25 year old part qualified accountant working and living in London £35k a year + bonus & 15% pension.
It’s been a struggle but 2019 was my year for getting my ideal job!

Awh that’s good! Aat is good! You’ll breeze through level two as you’ve got experience!
You’ll smash it, I started with my level 2 and found that’s what employers look for over a levels etc

Last edited:
Are you in London? I lived comfortably on 22,5k and I lived comfortably on 28k, but I'm not in London.

Perhaps you can look at your outgoings x
I’m not in London, in the north. I feel like my money just goes but not exactly sure where!

I’m a single mum and work part time around my kids schooling Mon - Fri with the odd extra hour thrown in now and again. I earn £4K a year and UC has to top it up for me to pay rent etc. I have about £20 disposable income a month 😂😂😂 it is what it is 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 3
I work as a marketing executive, £33k a year & 38 hours a week. Been trying to crack the £2k take home for a while & got it for 3 months when I started this job then my pension got taken out & I'm £50 under now 😑 Crazy how psychology of money works!

My hubby is a carpenter & earns £200 a day tho so it makes us the highest earning couple in my (large) group of friends as we live in the SW. My uni friends are on a lot more than me, but I already feel guilty about earning so much more than a lot of my friends, I'm not striving for the bigger paycheck.
I also have a 10minite commute so 🤷

I work 24/7 as a carer for my disabled daughter and I earn £62 a week. 🤣🤣

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
I'm assistant senco in a secondary school, before mat leave I earned £22,500 for 37 hrs a week term time only however I'm going back part time and will earn £13, 700 for 22.5 hrs

People who wish they had benefits. Don’t bother. Benefits aren’t what it used to be. The old labour government made sure of that. Now any benefits get taken out of your tax code so you might as well just pay for it yourself and get the benefits you want

People who wish they had benefits. Don’t bother. Benefits aren’t what it used to be. The old labour government made sure of that. Now any benefits get taken out of your tax code so you might as well just pay for it yourself and get the benefits you want
I‘ve been watching a BBC series on Universal Credit, I pity anyone who who has to navigate that system.

I’m an executive assistant, I work from home and earn £30 per hour.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.