How much do you earn?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This thread makes me feel a bit sad. I work hard but don't have a lot to show for it in terms of wages.

But then again I am happy, can afford what I need, extra money for things I want. Just crazy the difference in peoples salaries.
It’s really interesting. I think it’s all about attitude to money and how you manage your income.

My husband and I earn £55k between us and I’ve always considered it a decent income. It’s more than enough to cover our mortgage (3 bed house in SE), bills and nice holidays. We never go without things we really want and are able to save well too.

We live within our means and have a good life on £55k.

Reactions: 7
International Cabin Crew - Full time (a maximum of 15 flights per month)
My basic is £1700 per month (which is what you get regardless of flights/trips)
I get added
- flight pay (whilst in the air)
- ground pay (whilst on trips/standbys)
- commission (10% of sales on board spilt between crew)
- bonus (for hitting commission targets)
- overtime payments (when volunteering days off)
All in all I come out with between £2000-£4000 a month. Depending on what type of flights I get.

I also work part time in a supermarket which is £10.30 per hour.
I just work that job around my main job as a extra income.

Reactions: 10
International Cabin Crew - Full time (a maximum of 15 flights per month)
My basic is £1700 per month (which is what you get regardless of flights/trips)
I get added
- flight pay (whilst in the air)
- ground pay (whilst on trips/standbys)
- commission (10% of sales on board spilt between crew)
- bonus (for hitting commission targets)
- overtime payments (when volunteering days off)
All in all I come out with between £2000-£4000 a month. Depending on what type of flights I get.

I also work part time in a supermarket which is £10.30 per hour.
I just work that job around my main job as a extra income.
Fantastic, but after that glamorous life as cabin crew, the supermarket must seem boring.

You must be tierd as hell with all the jet lag etc.

Reactions: 1
I work in procurement FT on just over £35k, husband is an airline pilot would normally be on around £80k but 50% pay cut at the moment and to be honest can't see him going up to full pay any time soon. Not going to complain though grateful he has got a job in the current climate

Reactions: 4
NHS , earn usually £1.800 a month but tend to do a few bank shifts as well which add a few hundred . For the responsibility I have I feel underpaid
Same! £1700 a month, no option for overtime. Couldn’t agree more about the responsibility especially considering my week started with someone emailing me a suicide note 😬😥

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Aesthetician and professional makeup artist (not one of those orange face and overdrawn eyebrows self taught girls, I took multiple courses in makeup artistry, skincare and cosmetics) I earn around 40-50 thousand a year depending how busy I am. But ever since the lip filler business has been booming I sometimes make a bit more.

edit: I don’t do lip filling as I don’t have a nursing degree (Anyone can do it technically but we don’t want any medical liabilities) , it’s just that my job gets more customers due to offering lip fillers.

Also, why in the world are nurses only earning 1800 a month that’s disgraceful. They should be earning much more than that considering the amount of training and hours they put into their jobs. Disgusting.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
28, admin in aftersales for a manufacturer in East Yorkshire. £18.5k pa, take home £1300 pm. Just started WFH last week after 5 months on furlough and surviving a round of redundancies that has decimated my team so feeling incredibly lucky.
Was looking to find another job before the pandemic hit. Never really known what I wanted to do. Have a tonne of customer service experience but I hate people in general 😂
Don't mind my job at all, it's easy stuff, but want more of a challenge and more skills so I can earn a bit more. OH is on £33k as a Buyer so we're comfortable, just want something more fulfilling.

I never took home £1800 as a FT nurse, not even with overtime pay. I could be left on my own with a dozen sick children, and that's not counting the relatives who could sometimes be more work than the patients...

Reactions: 3
I was discussing salaries with my husband today as my teenage stepdaughter is entering the world of work. She is on minimum wage and was raging about how many little she earned. And that’s the hard thing, the lower paid you are the harder and longer you need to work. When you see people on huge salaries saying how hard they work - I don’t think they always realise that people on low incomes work very hard too - just for less reward.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I was discussing salaries with my husband today as my teenage stepdaughter is entering the world of work. She is on minimum wage and was raging about how many little she earned. And that’s the hard thing, the lower paid you are the harder and longer you need to work. When you see people on huge salaries saying how hard they work - I don’t think they always realise that people on low incomes work very hard too - just for less reward.
And its all part of the system; high earners need the lower earners doing those jobs and vice versa. I have a friend who is a trained qualified vet nurse, yet she could make more money working in aldi 🥴

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I'm 26 and on 23k as a beauty brand rep that travels around my region visiting, training, eventing and selling within 3 major retail companies.

Up until a year ago we had a combined income of £36k a year but we set up a new property business and have earned just over £100k in the last 11 months.
We used to be incredibly poor to the point we had no electric for the meter, so to now not have to worry about money and to be able to afford new shoes is a big deal.
I sympathise with anybody struggling with money, and if our business continues to grow I fully plan on helping another family grow a business. Money isn’t everything though but it definitely helps to have it.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Up until a year ago we had a combined income of £36k a year but we set up a new property business and have earned just over £100k in the last 11 months.
We used to be incredibly poor to the point we had no electric for the meter, so to now not have to worry about money and to be able to afford new shoes is a big deal.
I sympathise with anybody struggling with money, and if our business continues to grow I fully plan on helping another family grow a business. Money isn’t everything though but it definitely helps to have it.
amazing, well done 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👏🏻

Reactions: 9
I don't work. I just stare and look cute and the Mandalorian (who I liked better before seeing his face) takes care of me.

• Haha
I’m a makeup artist and work in tv, self employed. Been working for 3 years since leaving uni. Now earn around £60-70k a year.

I think it’s wrong however how little nurses and carers get paid for the massively important work they do.

Reactions: 11
Wow that is amazing. Do you mind sharing how you did that?

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.