How much do you earn?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Film/TV special effects. Approx 100-140K project dependent.
I’m 46 and in Northern Ireland

• Wow
Reactions: 6
It's disgraceful that our TDs make €95k a year, and those with such important jobs to society (i.e. childcare workers, nurses etc) are paid pittance. It honestly makes my blood boil.
Totally agree - like the preschool practitioner Above and other nursery staff etc - we trust these people with our pride and joy probably for the first time of them being left without us, they teach them so much and are so important to us all - but they earn so little it’s just not fair - makes you think how do they retain good staff hopefully it’s just because they love their jobs.
Thankyou to all you do - I would have doubted before I had to leave my preschooler and now I fully appreciate x

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I work in childcare fully qualified, qork 40 hours per week and only earn €350. (Ireland)
8.72 (minimum wage) 26hrs a week, term time only. Preschool practitioner.
we trust the care of our precious children to you but society doesn’t see fit to pay more than the minimum wage. It’s disgusting. Thank goodness for caring souls like you but you should rewarded for the hard, valuable and important work you do.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I am 53 and earn £71k, I would have got £2,500 bonus this year, but did not get it or a pay rise due to the corounivous. But i am very grateful to have a job. I am an accountant and did have to study until I was 25 to pass all my exams. I gave up all my holidays to study until I got there. I just feel very happy to have a job where I can work from home. My heart goes out to all those losing their jobs. I made loads of sacrifices to get where I am, put off travel, put off having children until I was 35/37. Took a long career break when I had my kids. Got there in the end....

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
£8.62 an hour
I had my yearly review and you get a pay raise judged on how well you do
I got a glowing-couldn’t-fault-me-at-all review then she told me I was getting my raise
A full 2p an hour
I told her she was welcome to keep it!
That‘s a bloody insult, all of 2 pence. They sound a shameful tribe to work for.

Haha, I think I'd be really good on a phone sex line as I have a filthy mind!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣
I did that for a little while and trust me, the hours you spend on the phone do not equate with what you should be earning. But, it was a good laugh and trying NOT to laugh was hard. 🤣

When they use to ask me if I was fingering myself, I used to cut a hole in the side of an orange, slip my finger in and pretend I was doing that. All that juice running out. Ha, ha, daft and gullible buggers. 🤣🤣

It did put me off oranges for a few years though. 😉 🍊

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
My heart goes out to all those earning a minimum wage which careing for elderly people. What can I say? They do an amazing job.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
we trust the care of our precious children to you but society doesn’t see fit to pay more than the minimum wage. It’s disgusting. Thank goodness for caring souls like you but you should rewarded for the hard, valuable and important work you do.

Thank you, only reason we stick the job is because of the amazing children we get to take care of.. the harsh reality of it comes when you want to start a family/get a mortgage, the amount of staff who have had to give up their childcare job to work in food shops etc to get the better pay to provide for their familys is heartbreaking..

• Angry
Reactions: 1
Huge fan of this thread and the stories.
£36000 as a teacher. Holidays are fab (as everyone is well aware 😂🤫) but the daily stress in the term time and the occasional very bad day do balance things out

Reactions: 5
Huge fan of this thread and the stories.
£36000 as a teacher. Holidays are fab (as everyone is well aware 😂🤫) but the daily stress in the term time and the occasional very bad day do balance things out
Primary or secondary ? I could NEVER do secondary. All those hormones 😫

£43k plus bonuses and benefits, in a job I find super unfulfilling but is also very flexible which is great for childcare. My husband has been furloughed since the scheme started but he normally earns £40k.

We also have a property development business and a food business alongside.. all with the intention of retiring as early as possible.

Primary or secondary ? I could NEVER do secondary. All those hormones 😫
Secondary. I couldn’t deal with the snot/dribble/general neediness of primary 😂😂😂😂. Teenagers are hormonal but when you focus on building positive relationships with them from Y7 by the time they become hormonal youve got them on side and it’s much easier to deal with 😊

Reactions: 3
Maybe I’m quite naive but this thread as massively opened my eyes to how unfair the wages of some of our most important jobs are.

I’m a change manager and earn just under £45k, contracted to a 38hr week but in reality, it’s work until the work is done.

Reactions: 7
I am self-employed working in the IT industry mostly doing contract work. Therefore my salary is never consistent and the industry is highly competitive. Some months I can earn as little as £800/m (especially these last few months); while at others I have earnt as much as £9000/m.

That's part of the "joy" of going it alone - plenty of swings & roundabouts, highs & lows.

I’m a trader, earn £230k basic plus a bonus of around £60-120k depending on how the year has gone. It’s a lot but after tax it’s basically halved. I work ridiculous hours and have a lot of stress. I aim to get out of the industry soon once I’ve paid off my mortgage.

• Wow
Reactions: 19
Yep I used to do adult work and I a lot of people never showed their face
I used to do online adult work many years ago and never ever showed my face.
I liked it, it was something I could do when I had time, whenever I wanted.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.