How Much Do You Earn? #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My daughter's boyfriend does this...his base is in U.K. but he's a digital nomad' and they currently live in Bali..he's on approx £80k
son is on a 2 year grad IT programme with U.K. bank and just had a pay rise of £25k after 6 months in job....now on £44k aged 23! ( meanwhile I've got 37 years in NHS and top band 6 and earn less than him!)
Yes, it’s a great line of work. They get frequent pay rises, and his work are very understanding regarding flexibility with office hours etc

he still has to go into the office every few weeks so we can’t move too far away right now, but Bali sounds incredible 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Yes, it’s a great line of work. They get frequent pay rises, and his work are very understanding regarding flexibility with office hours etc

he still has to go into the office every few weeks so we can’t move too far away right now, but Bali sounds incredible 😍
He's coming back to UK for 3 months ( so he can pop into office and sort out visa ) and then heading back to Bali! Luckily they both love travel and adventure and have already traveled extensively in SEAsia and S America ...daughter works for a U.K. based fashion company who has offices/ factories in Bali hence why she's out there and has a work visa - they have a very comfortable life out there
they're hoping to stay there for another couple of years and have just started renting a gorgeous 2 bed place with a pool - we're planning on visiting later in the year , so looking forward to seeing them and Bali
oh to be young again!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
All these young people earning mega bucks and I'm sat here wondering where did I go wrong with my life :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 22
All these young people earning mega bucks and I'm sat here wondering where did I go wrong with my life :ROFLMAO:
If it makes you feel better, we are all taking out eye-wateringly large mortgages for fairly average homes! Haha. The joy's of the 2020's...!

Reactions: 6
I work in Sales for a large insurance firm although not in insurance, in one of the investment arms. Basic salary is £78,500 + £7,850 car allowance and just got a bonus of £19k.
Hope you dont find this rude, but did you start off in a sales role and just keep progressing over the years? that seems so high! im about to graduate with my masters and i always get recruiters reaching out on linkedin for sales jobs and theyre so underpaid

Hope you dont find this rude, but did you start off in a sales role and just keep progressing over the years? that seems so high! im about to graduate with my masters and i always get recruiters reaching out on linkedin for sales jobs and theyre so underpaid
Hey - absolutely. I have a totally unrelated science degree, left Uni and spent a year as an air hostess. Then joined a sales academy for a house builder 11 years ago. Since then have worked really hard and climbed the ladder.
---
Hey - absolutely. I have a totally unrelated science degree, left Uni and spent a year as an air hostess. Then joined a sales academy for a house builder 11 years ago. Since then have worked really hard and climbed the ladder.
For wider context, I started our 11 years ago on a basic of £22k, OTE of £40k. Worth noting that I work in London and always have done x

---

For wider context, I started our 11 years ago on a basic of £22k, OTE of £40k. Worth noting that I work in London and always have done x
thank you! that's inspirational :) x

• Heart
i’ve posted in here before but i got promoted!
so from an enquiry manager at 22k, i’m now officially in my first marketing role! only at 24k for now but as my skills increase, as will the pay.
if anyone if unsure on what they want to do as a career and they are creatively inclined, i’d highly recommend marketing. i love my job.

p.s. i’m 22 :)

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Will stay in this job for 12 months and then look for new role within the company
Company has great benefits so I’m reluctant to leave

£22K in a thankless public sector job trying to help the overpaid and underworked in society. I could earn more working at Pret.
I got told to go duck myself yesterday hence why I am striking today!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
£22K in a thankless public sector job trying to help the overpaid and underworked in society. I could earn more working at Pret.
It's absolutely terrible in the NHS at the moment. Band 4s are leaving to go and work at Asda as they get paid more!

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 6
this is so upsetting :( i hope something good comes out of these strkes

23000 band 3 NHS, I would love a higher salary but cannot afford to study for 3 years on a piss poor student loan to then repay that debt. I would love a higher paying job and I’m happy for anything at this point 🙃

• Heart
I'm a senior admin working Mon-Fri 9am-5pm earning £26k. Holiday allowance is rubbish though at 20 days. I'm unsure if I want to stay at this company as there are quite a few people who think they're better than you in the team and like to whisper about other staff members and undermine you. I feel like you spend so long at work that is it too much to ask to enjoy your day without such playground antics 😕 I'm not on LinkedIn but wonder if I should create a profile, would you all say it's worth it? Feel a bit unsure about where to go next and what to do...

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I work in the public sector in a grade system. So every April my pay goes up, on my grade it starts at 24k and caps at 28k. I’m currently on the start pay segment which is 24.5k

hoping to apply for another job in the same place though which starts at 28k and caps at 32k ish I believe? I’m 22 for reference so I’m pretty comfortable currently tbh.

Reactions: 4
I'm a senior admin working Mon-Fri 9am-5pm earning £26k. Holiday allowance is rubbish though at 20 days. I'm unsure if I want to stay at this company as there are quite a few people who think they're better than you in the team and like to whisper about other staff members and undermine you. I feel like you spend so long at work that is it too much to ask to enjoy your day without such playground antics 😕 I'm not on LinkedIn but wonder if I should create a profile, would you all say it's worth it? Feel a bit unsure about where to go next and what to do...
LinkedIn in definitely worth it

Reactions: 4
100% LinkedIn is worth it. Also go on some recruitment sites and set up some job alerts (Hays, Reed, Total Jobs etc). You can specify type of role, location salary and you get an alert if something comes up as a match xx

Reactions: 3
New job — same sector but a competitor — and I now earn £83k + bonus. Honestly I feel like a fraud.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
I’m on 32k more than I thought I’d be on. Expected to be on less than 25k forever, but been increases in my job role recently. Also working nights so increase it as well