How Much Do You Earn? #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fully office based and I hate it with a passion - my company claims to be flexible and accommodating, but they are nothing of the sort, it's one rule for one, one rule for another :(
Fully office based also! And hate it! Hybrid would be perfect for me

• Heart
Reactions: 3
My OH works for the same company as me. He's three bands lower than I am and is paid c.£28k. He has an administrative role, albeit a technical one. There are points in the year where it's very high pressure and stressful with required overtime. The way the salary bands work for the company we work for makes absolutely no sense. I'm two bands higher than my OH's boss and they're managing a team of 12 and reporting into a department head. I manage no-one and report directly into a director.

I do wish my OH was a bit more ambitious and would push himself for a promotion or just a role that earned more money. Would really take the pressure off me as the main breadwinner especially at the moment because I'm on mat leave and we'll have to use savings to cover the month where I get no money.
I hear you on the lack of ambition front with your OH!! Soooo frustrating

Reactions: 1
Just found this thread! Love to hear what people earn. I'm on 37k a year working from home for a high street bank. My husband works for the trust in a management role, band 8, earns 57k. With four children though it doesn't go very far..

Reactions: 3
I’m on £75k plus around £15k annual bonus. Good perks inc 26 weeks fully paid mat leave, private medical etc. commute into central London to be in the office 2-3 times a week. I’m 34 years old

I'm 22 (23 in 6 weeks) and earn 25k as an accounts assistant, starting my accountancy exams at the end of May so hoping for an increase with each level passed! Although I'm not sure if I get a standard wage for my role or if I'm under/over paid?

Reactions: 4
I'm 22 (23 in 6 weeks) and earn 25k as an accounts assistant, starting my accountancy exams at the end of May so hoping for an increase with each level passed! Although I'm not sure if I get a standard wage for my role or if I'm under/over paid?
Which exams are you doing?. I'm fully qualified CIMA and also did AAT.
My finance assistants earn £25k so I'd say that's about right (we are in the south).

Which exams are you doing?. I'm fully qualified CIMA and also did AAT.
My finance assistants earn £25k so I'd say that's about right (we are in the south).
I'll be doing AAT then ACCA - I did 2/4 of the cert level CIMA at my old place but I didn't enjoy it and find ACCA will suit my personal progression plans a lot better. I thought the south would pay more if I'm honest, I'm in the north west x

£25k in admin (which I had to beg to increase from £21k after two years on the job). Now my role has morphed into an office manager role and I have someone working under me...yet no pay rise 😫 office based with no option of remote.

Are there any freelancers on here??

Ideally graphic design or along those lines but looking for some advice!

I'll be doing AAT then ACCA - I did 2/4 of the cert level CIMA at my old place but I didn't enjoy it and find ACCA will suit my personal progression plans a lot better. I thought the south would pay more if I'm honest, I'm in the north west x
Unfortunately accountancy pay seems to have stagnated. You can find qualified accountant jobs between £40-50k on average now whereas a few years ago it was £55k+

• Sad
44k (basic pay so not including overtime I sometimes do)
I work as an assistant manager/senior practitioner in adult social services

I just looked at my final pay slip for this tax year. I managed £97k however I did 624 hours of overtime which makes me feel quite sad really as I don’t have a lot to show for the money and feel like I essentially spent a whole year at work!

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Unfortunately accountancy pay seems to have stagnated. You can find qualified accountant jobs between £40-50k on average now whereas a few years ago it was £55k+
Not in Ireland theres big demand for newly qualified due to a shortage. A newly qualified would easily get €60-65k 5 years experience is around 80 to 100k

I'm a senior hairdresser. Work 2 days a week in Northern Ireland and make around 13k a year..not much but I have two small kids and no childcare help from family so I work on my husbands two days off.

• Heart
Reactions: 6