How Much Do You Earn? #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am ACCA. Was made redundant (perm was £ 84k) and contracting now. Last role was £400 a day for 8 months. Now have an interview for £500 a day through my limited company.
how do you find contracting compared to being employed if you don't mind me asking?

Love being able to leave if I am unhappy!
Ok you do not pension and holiday benefits.

I have signed up with an agency...PM me if you want the name. Happy to help!
I would love the agency name too if you don't mind. I don't think we can PM on here?

Haha, I was going to say this too.

Small family-owned or not-for-profits that have a founder who hasn't relinquished a single bit of control in 20 years.

Bitter, bitter experience lol.
I literally went from my first job after retail to a not to profit. Got fired from that job and then started working for a family run business. Do not recommend. Therapy genuinely helped though.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
I'm quite late to this thread.

Have a look at analyst as others have said or consulting. My husband works as a salesforce consultant, used to be an analyst. You can do 'trailheads' FOC to learn, could go into a junior consultant role and easily and quickly work his way up. My husband is also completely remote, which works well for us, some roles are hybrid depending on what practice you choose to work for.
Thanks. He really lacks confidence (thanks to his parents who beat any sort of career aspirations or confidence out of him - that's a whole other story). He has this idea that if he doesn't 100% know how to do something then he shouldn't apply for it. I've told him that no one 100% knows how to do most things and a lot of people wing it. If you never take a leap, you can never grow. He says he actually quite fancies analyst or consultant roles and has applied for some so hopefully he'll realise he is so much more capable than he gives himself credit for. He is so smart and has so much potential and it drives me crazy he doesn't believe in himself enough to use it!

Reactions: 1
Hello, apologies if this is the wrong place for it, but I’m curious.
I’m currently earning £25000 after 3 years after graduating uni (I feel I should be on more for all I do but my boss won’t budge).
I should be due a pay rise in September but I’m wondering, if they increased my wage to £27000, I’d have to start paying back my student loan (which obviously is kind of a good thing bc it means I’m earning more blah blah blah), but I don’t want to start paying it back on the threshold. If instead, I offered £26999, would that make a difference to my loan repayment or would I still have to pay it back given that the monthly wage after tax is the same amount as £27000?

hope im making sense haha
Any particular reason you don't want to start paying back? It's like progressive tax rates. You never lose money for earning more money, because it only applies to amounts earned over that threshold. So if you earn 30k, you'll only be paying the 9% on approx 3k, not the full 30k.

Reactions: 3