How much disposable income have you got after bills?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can you tell me what your husbands do that earn them £7k plus a month and where I can get one
I'm bumping up from 6k to 9k next year lol and I know I want a rich husband too lol. My uncle is a CEO and is on 30K a month 😭 my aunt is a lucky witch lol

Reactions: 2
Yep, this thread is really depressing!!! Not sure I should have clicked on it. Doesn’t seem fair at all. I understand people work hard, but don’t see why some people need so much money. We struggle, but sometimes can have £300-£500 disposable per month. I work full-time and I’ve just taken on a second job as we are getting married in April.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Yep, this thread is really depressing!!! Not sure I should have clicked on it. Doesn’t seem fair at all. I understand people work hard, but don’t see why some people need so much money. We struggle, but sometimes can have £300-£500 disposable per month. I work full-time and I’ve just taken on a second job as we are getting married in April.
I'm sorry you feel like that and sorry you are struggling with money at home ♥
For reference I make that much cause I'm a reg, Ive no fella / kids etc to look after and I live at home cause my parents live a 15 minute walk and 25 minute walk from both of my hospitals I'm working in atm so I'm able to save.

Reactions: 3
Combined we have about £15,000 left every month but that's before putting money into my kids savings and solicitor fees (ongoing divorce 🤦🏻‍♀️)
Have a company so slightly different to most id imagine.
Do you both take a big salary from the company or us that dividends?

We have a company but after almost going bankrupt in 2008 we are still fixated on only taking a really low salary and leaving everything in equity and capital just incase. I think I really need to look at us both taking a payrise this year.

Ahh it's not all roses.
I work around 70/80 hour weeks sometimes, my partner works around the world and I'll be lucky to see him once a week sometimes.
I hardly ever see my children in the week.
It's horrible and we're in the process of making big decisions to either sell or make drastic changes.
All good and well having £15k disposable income but if you can't spend it on anything... Whats the point?
I'd happily swap to £1k left a month to be able to see may family every day.
❤

🥰 Yep. I remember way back when we first started the company and didn't even imagine our sales figures ever even been a quarter of what we are turning over.

We thought how much more flexibility and time we would have 🙈🙈😂😂 now we work 7 days a week as too busy to take a day off, we have spent the last 2 year trying to find and train a good manager with little success. 😠 And for the last 2 year I have taken the kids on holiday on my own as we couldn't both be off work together, he is going this year with them while I stay back at work.

Last edited:
Do you both take a big salary from the company or us that dividends?

We have a company but after almost going bankrupt in 2008 we are still fixated on only taking a really low salary and leaving everything in equity and capital just incase. I think I really need to look at us both taking a payrise this year.

🥰 Yep. I remember way back when we first started the company and didn't even imagine our sales figures ever even been a quarter of what we are turning over.

We thought how much more flexibility and time we would have 🙈🙈😂😂 now we work 7 days a week as too busy to take a day off, we have spent the last 2 year trying to find and train a good manager with little success. 😠 And for the last 2 year I have taken the kids on holiday on my own as we couldn't both be off work together, he is going this year with them while I stay back at work.
We both take a large salary but it took me around 8 years to get confident enough to do so. he has a very successful business from before we were together and that's our security blanket should anything ever go wrong.

Its so scary to not have a security blanket of some sort because as you know things can quickly change.

I can completely relate to the holiday scenario. I took the kids to Tunisia not long ago and he couldnt come.

Put some trust in yourself and give yourself some time. Pointless having a payrise without opportunity to reap those benefits ❤❤

I have £265 disposable income (I only work 2 days a week and put £300 into the house) and my husband has around £500. I used to have £600 before having my son and dropping days and my husband had around £800 but now pays more as I have less money to contribute but we both still want me to have money to enjoy life. Out of my disposable I put £10 a month into my sons savings account and pay the window cleaner £10 but do what I want with the rest (spend it on or with my family,home projects) Gone are the days when I lived at home with my parents and had £900 disposable income lol but we feel fortunate compared to many other people. Can't say this thread is nice to read though,especially when some people probably have more money to save for their children and some people can barely get by. Definitely count my blessings as I know it could change tomorrow.

Reactions: 4
We both take a large salary but it took me around 8 years to get confident enough to do so. he has a very successful business from before we were together and that's our security blanket should anything ever go wrong.

Its so scary to not have a security blanket of some sort because as you know things can quickly change.

I can completely relate to the holiday scenario. I took the kids to Tunisia not long ago and he couldnt come.

Put some trust in yourself and give yourself some time. Pointless having a payrise without opportunity to reap those benefits ❤❤
Thanks for answering most of my friends are employed or self employed ( not responsible for paying a tonne of other peoples wages/endless huge supplier bills)

It has only been the last 3 financial years that the sales have way exceeded anything we could have imagined. luckily the boost is spread over 2 contracts so would be unlikely to loose it all in one go if you know what I mean.

Yes we really want to concentrate this year of finding some good reliable team members who are capable of holding the fort so we can start taking more time off together.

I definitely feel extremely lucky when I can do my 15 hour working day from the home office in my pjs !!

Thanks for answering most of my friends are employed or self employed ( not responsible for paying a tonne of other peoples wages/endless huge supplier bills)

It has only been the last 3 financial years that the sales have way exceeded anything we could have imagined. luckily the boost is spread over 2 contracts so would be unlikely to loose it all in one go if you know what I mean.

Yes we really want to concentrate this year of finding some good reliable team members who are capable of holding the fort so we can start taking more time off together.

I definitely feel extremely lucky when I can do my 15 hour working day from the home office in my pjs !!
Awh it's so nice to hear you're doing well.
Really hope it continues for you. ❤

When it comes to employing, just remember they're not you and there is no such thing as perfect. Noone will do things exactly as you would but someone that's willing to try and wants the business to succeed is all you need. The rest can be taught 😊
Good luck lovely ❤

Awh it's so nice to hear you're doing well.
Really hope it continues for you. ❤

When it comes to employing, just remember they're not you and there is no such thing as perfect. Noone will do things exactly as you would but someone that's willing to try and wants the business to succeed is all you need. The rest can be taught 😊
Good luck lovely ❤
I know I keep telling myself that but when you are pair of control freaks and given it everything for the last 10 year it's soooo hard🙈.

Your possible move to the states sounds exciting.

Reactions: 1
We have 2 adults and a 3 year old and we are prob down to £60 a week including stuff like loo roll and laundry detergent. It gets easier the longer you do it
We spend less on the weeks I remember to do a list. So many times I'll buy things then see them in the cupboard whilst unpacking 🙄🤣

Together we bring home approx 9k a month, but we have all bills, mortg, loan, car & other bits. My husband squirrels money away/gambles it. I have about 500 to myself

What a fascinating thread. Those of you that have thousands of disposable income, good on you, I can only assume you have worked bloody hard for it. We have about £1100 disposable income each month, after bills, CM for my husbands daughter, nursery fees etc. We have three children so most the the disposable gets spent on them, I get my nails done fortnightly by a good friend so it’s cheap. My husband is tit with money so at his request I give him money as and when. You wouldn’t believe the rubbish he has bought in the past!

Reactions: 4
ehh £400 total from both our wages. im 33 and have some debt as does my partner. I wish I had the spare money some have

I'm actually in deficit after😂
I work 2 jobs whilst doing my postgrad which I am paying for myself 😬 I don't understand how people survive 😭 but I'm on minimum wage, and have a lot of expenditure as student housing is so expensive.
Even £50 DI would be great 😂

We have about 2k left after mortgage utilities saving for christmas etc and shopping. But are trying to save as much of that as possible for a new kitchen, but it keeps getting eaten up on general life expenses like car servicing, repairs and things the children need. I might have a new kitchen by 2025 at this rate 🙈😭😂